What you need-
1) 3tc flywheel
2) 3tc belhousing
3) 3tc starter
4) 3tc radiator is recomended for neatness(or buy a 240 rad like i did, bigger and better, same outlet spots)
5) for sr5 the exaust is on the other side, you'll need to weld up a new downpipe, for 4age it's the same side.
6) If you do N/A then you'll need a custom header, 3tc ones hit the steering arm. Or just go turbo and don't wory about it
7) two metal plates and 4 holes need to be drilled accordingly. See below
What you can use from your AE86
-driveshaft and diff
- engine mounts
- slave cylinder
- alternator and mounts for it.
Disconnect all lines and electric plugs, drain all fluids and remove the tranny and engine mounts and shifter.
Take out old engine, take off tranny. Put the 3tc belhousing on the T50. Put the 3tc flywheel and your original clutch(4ag and 4ac clutch work on the flywheel) on the 3tc. Then bolt up the tranny to the motor.
Put engine back in, bolt up the tranny to the car first. Keep the hoist on the engine and lign it up with the engine mounts.
Then make plates as such, the 3tc will sit a tiny bit more forward. Some can get away with drilling a hole next to the current one but sometimes it's further forward depending on the car.
The dizzy line needs to be extended because it's on the other side of the motor. Starter hook ups are the same. The alternator and mount will bolt onto the 3tc with very little modification, a little drilling help is all that is needed.
Tuning and other basic hook ups. You get the idea, I just wanted to lay out the basic things you need for the swap and what needs to be modified. It's an easy swap and a great choice for the SR5 guys out there. And even you 4ag guys who want more displacement and awsomeness.
The 3tc is a single cam, 1.8litre, 8valve. It had hemispherical chambers(4cyl hemi), cast iron block with much strength. There is good aftermarket support, and a site dedicated to it www.toyota3tc.com
Boosting them is common because of their strong and simple design, they can handle about 12psi stock, and can also rev above 8grand.
Good LUCK, ask more questions if I suck at explaining. I might have forgot a few things.....maybe