Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: jz in my pants

jz in my pants

I put the front sump pan on my 1j today, bolt up to the tranny and test fit in engine bay should happen tomorrow. I might take pictures, or i might not.

Hopefully the exciting content of this thread does not cause any unwanted trouser discharges.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

you suck at threads.

-Brett- a corolla...

just look at the size of his sig.. he's compensating for something.. my guess is his failure to create good threads.

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

this thread is a wet ball sack of failure.

This thread should have been called, jizz on my thigh.

I don't see any jz, all I see is blanks.

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

This is wack!

hahaha. the comments are great. I'll post some pics today. The crossmember is being reworked, and will hopefully bolt to the engine today. The shifter will be about 2 inches back from stock. The biggest problem will be getting a sway bar back in the car. may require creativity.

pics of actual interesting things later.
    Last edited by clay72; 01-15-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

alright here we go.

on jackstands for mounting to the crossmember. When it all goes back in the car, the car will be lowered onto the crossmember.

the soarer pump compared to the stock 22r unit.

Soarer pump installed in the stock pump location. Wired and ready to go.

I'll try to get some pics of the shifter location and some of the tighter clearance areas today.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Are you just doing mounts outside the engine bay and hopeing for the best?? You need to get the engine in the bay duder.
    This is a retarded comment, I hope...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post

pics of actual interesting things later.
    Woah... 2JZ LOL

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

Are you just doing mounts outside the engine bay and hopeing for the best?? You need to get the engine in the bay duder.
    This is a retarded comment, I hope...
    Don't worry, no hillbilly hackjobs here.

First the engine was test fit which o do not have a pic of, then everything was measured to death. The engine is mounted in the car in its final location now. There are no clearance issues accept for the sway bar which will either have to be mounted lower to clear the pan, the pan customized, or another swaybar used with custom mounts. What I'm happiest about with the engine mounting is how low it sits. Very sexy.

The trany crossmember is in now too. We used the Soarer aluminum one, then cut and rewelded it to suit the celica chassis.

Heres a few pictures for now. I have a lot more but photobucket is being ****ed. I should really be documenting this with something better that cell camera.

Last edited by clay72; 01-03-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Woahhhhhhh! Dope!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i heart mike jakes
    Drive safely!!!

Nice!!!
    Dusk Club. Until the Sky Crashes. Est. 1998

I'm back at UBC now, which is killing me considering the rate my father I were making progress. Everything is fitting in way easier than either of us expect, and with a plasma, a mig, and a tig, there really is not hurdle we can't get around fabrication wise.

the next steps are:
    1. Rebuilding the supra rear end with a detroit tru-trac and installing.
    2. Having a drive shaft made. Not sure what route this will go. I have the soarer 2 piece, and the front shaft of the soarer diff fits the perfectly including the center bearing hanger not sure what will be used for the rear half, or if the best route is one piece.
    3. Wiring the engine into the chassis.
    4. sourcing appropriately sized intercooler and radiator and plumbing these.
    5. power steering, and clutch lines.
    6. supporting chassis mods: susp. brakes, diamonds+tires, etc.

Heres some more pics at its latest level of completedness.

mercedes clk320 mounts

tons of room for a big free flowing DP

the engine is down in there

front end parts all stripped, sanded, primed, and painted. I used glos black on some of the smaller parts like tension rods, but used satin black for all teh larger components for a bit of contrast.

Clearance to the brake slave

shifter location. It will be a bit lower when the tranny is spaced down a tick.

the car supporting it own weight. I think the pizza cutters will do the trick for traction.

with rad support

I am ****ing stoked. It's hard to tell from the pics but the engine sits reallly low. The top of the valve cover is about 5-6" below the top of the shock towers. When the fenders and hood are back on it will look even lower. Low is good because it is not a light engine+trans combo by any means.
    It looks great. Huge thanks to my dad. He really took the bull by the horns in the crossmember fabbing and i think he plans to pick away at it while I'm at school because he is almost as excited as me to see it on the street.
    Last edited by clay72; 01-04-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

this thread needs responses.

Like:
    OMG! what a dumb car to put a 1jz in! That should be in my SR5!
    or
    omFg! lol I luv it.lol Is hatchi roku?lol
    or
    So your gonna drift it right? Did I ever tell you about this time me and my buddy drifted a ****-tonne in his civic?
    or preferably
    Meh, looks ok but I'm not impressed. Post a vid when its done then you can have a cookie.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

To fulfill your need for responses I have a few questions.

Could you not have used an mk3 supra subframe and not had to mod it? I know that you can fit JZs in MX73 cressidas by swapping an MX83 subframe in and as far as I know both mk2 supras and MX73 cressidas share all their front suspension (and probably subframes) as well as the MK3 supra and MX83 cressida. Also I've heard that if you flip your engine mounts (on the block) from side to side you can get the shifter to line up with the hole and make for less firewall clearance issues.

Also with your modification of the engine mount position but keeping a stockish tranny mount have you thought about the possible change in driveshaft angle and any problems that might cause.

PS. Why do you have 2 1JZs? gimme one. I need it.
    Last edited by jimmyhoffa; 01-06-2009 at 02:40 AM.
    1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 20 valve megasquirt bucket SOLD
    1985 Toyota Cressida mintier than yo mama's mouthwash with 1JZ + big single turbo

Basically I didn't want to hunt for another crossmember, we had all the tools to build a one off piece for the car so we just did that. As far as the shifter goes thats where it is when the engine is back as far as it can be. I would rather have the shifter back 2-3 inches than have the whole engine ahead the same distance. The driveshaft angle will be adjusted by spacing the trans crossmember from the chassis.

All good questions.
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

****ing clean broheem, good progress. This car will have power, but will it have style? I have yet to really see one with good OG style aside from lanevo's or whatever his name is. Are you staying 4x114 or going to 5x114? And what are your plans for brakes and suspension?

CK
    Tucking tire is fukking fire.

Hells ya Clay. Looking clean. I have no hate for this thread.
    If you still have that rear sump setup, please let me know by pm. I needz it.
    Keep it up.

-Ram