Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: jz in my pants

your pre payment for capd can be transferred to another event dude, did you contact us?

Pm'd you

And i made another little thing last night. I still plan on putting some vertical strakes at the edges to hold air in. The idea is mainly to direct the air that comes through the IC to also pass through the rad instead of tumbling under the car uselessly. It will grab a bit of extra air too. I'd like to vent my hood to let some pressure out, but you don't find a lot of these hoods around. My oil cooler kit is in the mail and then i'll feel a lot more comfortable with summer highway driving.

1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

I really like what you've done with this thing.

I was continuing to have a tip in lean and stumble and had it narrowed down to an injector issue on cyl 4. I found my stock 1JZ injectors that had been AWOL since the injector swap and decided to give them a try. Monday evening I popped off the fuel rail and injectors and found a surprise. One of the injector bosses had a wad of blue shop towel in it. I had plugged the bosses while I had the car apart during the winter and apparently had not removed #4 when I put in the new injectors.

Dumb is usually pretty hard to diagnose, but I came close on this one. The car is running seemingly perfect now with the boost controller set to 14psi. I'd like to take it to the dyno for a tune and see what it does at 18. I am sure there is more power available at the current boost level in my timing table. I''m also going to lean out the highway cruise a bit. If anyone has 3.7 gears for a F 7.5 diff I am looking for some.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

For sale.

Fun

Fast

Reliable

$12000
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car