Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: The KingSpence Corolla Build.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    Thank you for your understanding. Not only is the price wicked, but who rocks smoothies on the corolla, nobody. And you can choose any backspace, like diamonds and similar companies.

And there is no way in hell im dropping $2700usd on a set of 15 year old 10jj longchamps. And even if i did, i couldnt let the car out of my eyesight without the wheels being ganked.
    can buy brand new 15x10 work meisters for ~$2000cad.....

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    can buy brand new 15x10 work meisters for ~$2000cad.....

steve
    Regardless. Im an 18 year old kid who had to pay his way through school, pay his bills, and still find money to modify his car.

If i dropped $2000 on work meisters, I would most likely need to find a new place to live, or start paying rent. Father would not be impressed.

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Custom offset?
    Wait, are you not finding these on Summit?

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Custom offset?
    Wait, are you not finding these on Summit?
    Naw, Summit racing offers only one offset. Made by "American Racing." Gaysauce.

I mangaged to find a company that will make them in any backspace I need. 15x10, all chrome, with the baby moons...$135 per wheel.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

that is sick! pm me the website? I wont put them on a toyota so I wont steal your thunder

Oh and don't paint your car, for some reason these cars look better multicolored imo.
    HeatBloom - Street Style Since 2004
    https://www.facebook.com/HeatBloom

195/60 pictured?

You're on 185/60 ya Andrew? I think they just fill the flare up a bit more. Flush is pretty important.
    ya, 185/60 looks sunken battleship on supras when lowered link but still better than 185/55

Pimp Hello Kitty horn button! I want one.

Definetly keep the Beige two-tone, love how the way your car looks. It's come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by honda_kill3r View Post
    Pimp Hello Kitty horn button! I want one.

Definetly keep the Beige two-tone, love how the way your car looks. It's come a long way.
    King, the rest is so dope... but hello kitty is for 10 year old girls... but much better than tennis racket tape. Awesome find on the GABs, and that turbo set up is baller. Again everything looks killer, nice to see an 18 year old getting his hands dirty. You've done tons of work, I'm straight out impressed. Best of luck with the rest.

Bry

hey man, your car has one of the only two tones i like. if you paint match your door to the rest of the car and put those smoothies on there i will really be envious. looks that kill.

No, wait. Almost got me there.
    Why in the hell are you hacking up the mint quarters??! Do you realize that you car is like 1 in 100. Flare the stock rear, man up and buy some 15x9j-15. There is no need to cut up a nice chassis.

edit: smoothies=cheap, shipping smoothies....booo
    haha, that's almost word for word what vickers told me when i told him i was planing on going with flares sometime in the future.
    you guys ARE brothers from different mothers aren't you?
    p.s. i want a d-garage strut tower bar and sticker please.

oldschool > everything else

So i got home late from work last night, and had nothing to do. So i made myself some macaroni, and went out and resized the battery box, and put a bracket on the top so the battery doesn't slide around when i drive. Hopefully it will pass tech next season. It has two 1/2inch bolts with big washers going through the body of the car to hold the box down.

Probably next week, i will fab a box, and paint it similar, that will have a closing lid, and a vent to the exterior.

Oh, and no, im not painting the box, im leaving it as it is, it suits the car.

Before, this 2x4 with duck tape wrapped around it was holding the battery in.

Cut the box open, shaved off about an inch, and welded er' back up.

Fabbed up some "L" brackets, welded them on, drilled some holes, made some studs, and installed the fastener.

Oh, and if anyone in Edmonton ever needs a welder, fire me a PM, i dont think you should have a problem not being able to use mine.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

iz nice battery box.

Quote Originally Posted by philProject.D. View Post
    iz nice battery box.
    Should be covered though.

RETIRED

Should be covered though.
    Probably next week, i will fab a box, and paint it similar, that will have a closing lid, and a vent to the exterior.
    I was bored, ill make a proper box when im bored again, and have some sheet metal.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

You make acceptable progress.

Roll cage?

CK
    Tucking tire is fukking fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    You make acceptable progress.

Roll cage?
    You know, ive been thinking about that the past week. It will happen, i will assure you that, but when, probably not this season.

Having a roll cage would be pointless if i wasn't going to compete (other than safety, but look at the car, its far from safe). And there is no way i could compete in the 09' season, the car just needs too much with these new rules. I also would like to keep the car as streetable as possible. I delivered pizza in this car tonight, in -20, for 7 hours.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

aeboi is offline UN-Official E-Town DK Eventer
    ahhh good build! i remember seeing this car when it was first purchased... lol like how i should have tooken a picture of urs and migs old coupe side by side..

and you did buy matts old motor!! hahah sneekky arent you!!

gl with the build and hopefully i get to see this soon!!

----------------
    2000 Milano Red SiR EM1
    G'd up from the feet up
    Xbox 360 GAMERTAG : SAdisticMRTwo
    edmonton, alberta, canada

holy **** spence, great progress man. im looking forward to seeing it this spring! oh yeah, one more thing, 5.56 ammo is weak, 7.62 is where its at lol

Little update: So there i am, just rocking my way down the road, doin' my thang, and all of a sudden i hear this kreeeesssshhhhhhh. wtf? Aww hell naw, hanger broke off the muffler, and its draging down the road, sparkin' and ****!

****, parked the car in the roughest end of this city, Akinsdale. lol. Took the grounding cable home with me incase some punk decides he wants to see what a 4agte can do. 11pm, im under a jacked up car, on the side of the road in the projects, removing an exhaust system off the corolla.

So now i drive around with only the downpipe. Holy hot **** the car sounds nice under the hood, everything is louder; turbos, bov, all that. It also sounds like its spinning at 15000rpm with no exhaust....i like it.

Ill need to get an exhaust shop to do it properly for me, i guess hose clamps dont hold exhaust systems to well. But rims are more important.

Smoothies are to be ordered this week, I bought the tires for them. And the Pathfinder needs a water pump. Im going to be so broke by the end of this week, i dont know what ima do.

Pics to come soon. Most likely tomorrow in the evening.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

i looked at them a few days ago. 15x10 -45, will not fit in the front.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.