Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: The KingSpence Corolla Build.

Nope, the computer is just surprisingly adaptable. At idle my AFRs were usually in the 15 to 1 to 16 to 1 range.
    Matt H.

In the pics it seems like the stock FPR is still beeing used ?

Do you have a diagram of clear picture showing how this was plugged ?

Maybe we should take the time to put all that info in a reference topic so It could help fellow dkers

thats pretty good for a airfuel ratio at idle, damn :o

I just finished reading "maximum boost" during the weekend, I want to boost anything and everything I see now!

I guess older school **** didn't care about more than one important parameter
    1985 Coupe- broke
    1990 TSi AWD-sold
    1991 Tercel-daily
    1992 Paseo- blown up

Quote Originally Posted by Toy_boy_91 View Post
    thats pretty good for a airfuel ratio at idle, damn :o

I just finished reading "maximum boost" during the weekend, I want to boost anything and everything I see now!

I guess older school **** didn't care about more than one important parameter
    Maximum Boost is amazing. I read the whole thing in less than a week, i just got hooked. It talks about anything and everything to do with a turbo system and how to fabricate.

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

mr e is offline Un-Official "Dori-Kaze TBG"
    Err...
    Anyone have that book? PDF?
    Penelope ~ AE86 4AGE;Maxine ~ A32 VQ30DE; Roxanne JCE10

.{yesguy! Performance}.

E ill load it up mate.
    I am your 4ajesus

Yeah man, if I had more free time, i'd have read it quicker.. its such a great book.. reading it 2x is probably best!

MrE, buy the book, i got mine for 35$ shipped off ebay.

I had it on pdf, its just such a pita.
    1985 Coupe- broke
    1990 TSi AWD-sold
    1991 Tercel-daily
    1992 Paseo- blown up

Yeah man, if I had more free time, i'd have read it quicker.. its such a great book.. reading it 2x is probably best!

MrE, buy the book, i got mine for 35$ shipped off ebay.

I had it on pdf, its just such a pita.
    I make no money...

I'm a student...

I'm Brown

Therefore, because I am brown, I am cheap... soooo PDF it is!

.{yesguy! Performance}.

im a student too..

must be the brown part..

med school?
    i kid!
    1985 Coupe- broke
    1990 TSi AWD-sold
    1991 Tercel-daily
    1992 Paseo- blown up

im a student too..

must be the brown part..

med school?
    i kid!
    CornershoppeOlogy

.{yesguy! Performance}.

ah alright alright
    1985 Coupe- broke
    1990 TSi AWD-sold
    1991 Tercel-daily
    1992 Paseo- blown up

Well, its confirmed. My stock bluetop can take 13 psi of boost.

I drove the car all day, from about noon to 10pm. Around 6pm i turn onto the main road in st albert and floor it, as I always do; but this time was different. The car felt stupidly fast, I took a look down to the boost guage and see 12-13psi!! Don't ask me why it did that, I have yet to know. It has been running 6 psi since the motor was put in. I pull over, crank the boost controller down all the way, and take it back out on the road. Same deal, spools freely to 10psi (I wasnt going to take it any higher than that). I drove the car the rest of the night with no controller, and took it to 10psi quite a few times, without ever having any issues (it wasn't held at 10psi, I peaked it at 10psi.) God damn does everything sound sexual when boost gets higher.

When i got home I took a better look under the hood, the external wastegate spins...is that a bad thing? Im going to bypass the controller and see if that helps, and look at the wastegate.

Im new to this whole turbo thing and the shenanigans that come along with it, anyone have any ideas. For now im just driving the car, with my eyes on the boost gauge, not the road.
    Last edited by KingSpence; 03-02-2009 at 11:03 PM.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    Well, its confirmed. My stock bluetop can take 13 psi of boost.

I drove the car all day, from about noon to 10pm. Around 6pm i turn onto the main road in st albert and floor it, as I always do; but this time was different. The car felt stupidly fast, I took a look down to the boost guage and see 12-13psi!! Don't ask me why it did that, I have yet to know. It has been running 6 psi since the motor was put in. I pull over, crank the boost controller down all the way, and take it back out on the road. Same deal, spools freely to 10psi (I wasnt going to take it any higher than that). I drove the car the rest of the night with no controller, and took it to 10psi quite a few times, without ever having any issues (it wasn't held at 10psi, I peaked it at 10psi.) God damn does everything sound sexual when boost gets higher.

When i got home I took a better look under the hood, the external wastegate spins...is that a bad thing? Im going to bypass the controller and see if that helps, and look at the wastegate.

Im new to this whole turbo thing and the shenanigans that come along with it, anyone have any ideas. For now im just driving the car, with my eyes on the boost gauge, not the road.
    Sounds like your wastegate is stuck shut or not actuating properly. I hope you have an A/F meter, cuz I highly doubt stock 16v injectors can sustain that kind of boost w/o ur **** going really lean. I wouldn't recommend pushing it again til you get it resolved, or you can say bye to ur motor before its even driving season.

CK
    Tucking tire is fukking fire.

hahah you kept driving like that...........that's smart.

Check the vacuum lines going to your boost controller and wastegate and intake. If those are fine check the wastegate, make sure it isn't stuck closed.

What are you running for boost controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Sounds like your wastegate is stuck shut or not actuating properly. I hope you have an A/F meter, cuz I highly doubt stock 16v injectors can sustain that kind of boost w/o ur **** going really lean. I wouldn't recommend pushing it again til you get it resolved, or you can say bye to ur motor before its even driving season.
    Yes, ive narrowed it down to the wastegate being the main problem. And yea, I don't plan on driving the car till i fix the issue. I figured the stock injectors wouldn't be able to handle that much boost.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.K View Post
    hahah you kept driving like that...........that's smart.

Check the vacuum lines going to your boost controller and wastegate and intake. If those are fine check the wastegate, make sure it isn't stuck closed.

What are you running for boost controller?
    I didn't really have a choice. I was working and I had no time to get home to flip vehicles, other wise I would have. By no means was I bagging the **** out of the car.

I checked all the lines, and tested the boost controller, leading me to believe the wastgate is stuck. Ill rip it off the manifold tommorow and look into it.

The boost controller is XSpower.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

aeboi is offline UN-Official E-Town DK Eventer
    manual or electronic?

when you said you were boosting 12-13psi and then you cranked down the boost down all the way.. it still kicked 10psi which is probably odd to you since you have been running stock since you drove the car... thats the vibe im getting from wat you have told me...

MBCs are "SOMETIMES" crap. No feedback on my part as i use a MBC which was disconnected shortly after i had teh car,
    wide variations in boost through temp changes because of cheap springs, boost creep, overboosting because of fatigued springs, limited adjustability...

but cheap in price non the less... and im sure lots of ppl use a MBC...

some MBCs dont have the problem of boost leak which use a ball and spring to control the amount of boost.

oh and im gonna also second the wastegate as well

----------------
    2000 Milano Red SiR EM1
    G'd up from the feet up
    Xbox 360 GAMERTAG : SAdisticMRTwo
    edmonton, alberta, canada

Quote Originally Posted by aeboi View Post
    manual or electronic?

when you said you were boosting 12-13psi and then you cranked down the boost down all the way.. it still kicked 10psi which is probably odd to you since you have been running stock since you drove the car... thats the vibe im getting from wat you have told me...

l
    Wat lol??????? derka derka

If you need a new boost controller i can make you a manual one for 7 dollars, it's reliable as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.K View Post
    Wat lol??????? derka derka

If you need a new boost controller i can make you a manual one for 7 dollars, it's reliable as ****.
    Yea, what?

Thanks, but the boost controller is fine, i removed it, and put the air compressor hose to it at 10psi. When it was shut it let no air, when it was open it proportioned the air fine. But whatever happened to the rca's you were going to make?

I guess im pulling the motor tonight. To remove the wastegate the exhaust needs to be dropped, mounts undone, and the motor pulled up to get to the bolts underneath. High rise manifold ftmfl.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    Yea, what?

Thanks, but the boost controller is fine, i removed it, and put the air compressor hose to it at 10psi. When it was shut it let no air, when it was open it proportioned the air fine. But whatever happened to the rca's you were going to make?

I guess im pulling the motor tonight. To remove the wastegate the exhaust needs to be dropped, mounts undone, and the motor pulled up to get to the bolts underneath. High rise manifold ftmfl.
    That sucks man.

RCA will be made soon, by april I think. 55mm baby