Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Silly Celica.....*it runs, vid page11*

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    I hear thats good to do in wheel wells too after you clearance them for big wheels
    haha smart-a$$ lol

more progress

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Steve this is awesome! Can't really say anymore other than i just love waiting for new silly celica pics.
    81,84,87, 88 toyota cressida, 84 bj60, 85 bj60, 86 hj60soa, 71 datsun 521 pickup

so lets get this right, the downpipe is doubling back underneath the PS header and above the rail I'm guessing? The air filter is in the fender and the compressor outlet will go through the wheel well to a front mount? ****ty that the TB feed is also on the PS. Is the other end of the intercooler going to be on top or on the DS of the car then a big long pipe to get back to the TB?

Man you're exhaust mount solution might have been nice on this car too lol

Hehe someone's finally comprehending how complex this packaging is lol and ya you got almost everything right except you forgot the wastgate dump tube will be running parallel/above the manifold and down beside the trans. I'll be flipping the intake so the inlet is on the drivers side so at least that will be relatively easy

- Steve
    Last edited by SupraFiend; 10-06-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: whoops, hit "Edit" instead of "Quote"

you should have just twin turbo'd it steve, would have been less complex.

hehe twin turbo'ing would've meant i would have to do all this twice! lol but ya twin turbo'ing wasnt really an option due to the steering rack/column conversion and having no room on the drivers side to snake a downpipe through.

Besides in a year or so when this becomes too slow i can just buy a second turbo (twins good for 1350whp) and exhaust them straight up through the hood like a pair of zoomies!

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    hehe twin turbo'ing would've meant i would have to do all this twice! lol but ya twin turbo'ing wasnt really an option due to the steering rack/column conversion and having no room on the drivers side to snake a downpipe through
    You wouldn't of had to run the crossover though. Pfff no room for downpipe, thats never stopped you before. hahaha

hot hot alternator. Can you mount that elsewhere or will it just have lots of shielding.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    hot hot alternator. Can you mount that elsewhere or will it just have lots of shielding.
    There's a little over an inch of clearance f the alternator which already has a factory heatshield, will have to keep an eye on it tho

Steve

There's a little over an inch of clearance f the alternator which already has a factory heatshield, will have to keep an eye on it tho

Steve
    pffft who needs a alternator when you can drop in a flux capacitor behind the drivers seat! do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some “hairdresser” comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

I'll be flipping the intake so the inlet is on the drivers side so at least that will be relatively easy
    oh cool, that will make it much neater and shorter pipes.

Like I said, polished ceramic on the exhaust bits will make a huge difference.

Whats the radiator plan? Its kinda tempting to do a trunk mount in this situation for clearance, weight balance and better airflow\cooling in the engine bay and for the intercooler. These cars pretty much just end after the front rad support.

PS: not sure if you noticed but I posted this message a day ago but acidently hit Edit instead of Quote on the post I'm quoting now lol. All fixed up.

Pretty much finished up all the exhaust side of things now, waiting for a 3" v-band to join exhaust to the downpipe, for now i'll be using the stock rad as its of a decent size and currently I don't have the $700 for a full custom one lol.

Downpipe finished

wastegate/screamer pipe on

A view of the maze of pipes (dont worry the welds on that lower crossover pipe are just as pretty as all the rest, just havent hit them with the wire wheel yet)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    The GZE alt. is about an inch away from the header and it seems to behave alright

HOLY **** 1UZ TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAA I love it, this is Dope!!!!!! HOUSTON we have a PRoblem.....when is the lauch scheduled??? put wings on this bitch and fly to the moon!!!
    ROck a Drift

Quote Originally Posted by silky View Post
    HOLY **** 1UZ TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAA I love it, this is Dope!!!!!! HOUSTON we have a PRoblem.....when is the lauch scheduled??? put wings on this bitch and fly to the moon!!!
    if i had an unlimited budget it would be done in a couple months but i'll have to settle for running/driving in a few weeks possibly. All depends on how busy my work schedule is

Steve

I think you should leave the stock rear end in this thing for first drive, see how long it lasts with your driving style. when it blows up I want to see exploded ring gear, snapped axle shaft an a ripped in half axle housing. YOU CAN DO IT STEVE! I BELIEVE!

A slight touch on the accelarator will be enough to grind the tarmac back to soil. Jesus!!! Its the type of ride that scares the shiatz of a newbie...lol keep On!!! i wanna see it run
    ROck a Drift

for now i'll be using the stock rad as its of a decent size and currently I don't have the $700 for a full custom one lol.

Steve
    Just do what Pete did, take some measurements and order a generic rad off summit thats close enough. His was like under 300 bucks, aluminum and all. Has had no problem cooling his 7m

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Just do what Pete did, take some measurements and order a generic rad off summit thats close enough. His was like under 300 bucks, aluminum and all. Has had no problem cooling his 7m
    Going to try a 92-00 civic aluminum 3 core racing radiator, it's like 13"x16.5" should free up some space in the engine bay, was only like $169

Steve

I pooed on your lawn steve! yeah thats right! poop! totally don't like you anymore. I'd poo on your celica but its in the garage! poo
    totally disapointed that this isn't doing burnouts already

man I'm trashed. HIGH FIVES!