Thread: kelowna te72 drift car

kelowna te72 drift car

hi, my names bryce. live on the outskirts of kelowna. i get away with more vehicular shenanigans than i probably should hahaha. picked up this te72 lift back sr5 for free. has no papers. california car. plan on trailering to d days in penticton to go drifting. car is sitting on cut coils, completely gutted. already been sliding around on all the back roads off of highway 33. car is super fun. once its decided to die, will prolly be on here for parts. well see what happens. lotta ppl tell me to just missile the car, but ive seen ALOT of really cool old rollas and been very tempted to do a full build with the car. basically we'll play it by ear and see what i have left at the end of this season pictures are forth coming. friend of mine took some fancy pictures of the car and i will upload them when she uploads them.

hope to learn alot and share alot here. looking forwards to whats in store.

Sick and I can't wait for pics too

ok so after last nights semi 4x4 run.... (pot hole filled dirt road. lots of mud. terrible drive. got stuck twice.) car is now a full dedicated missile from here on. let the fun begin!

also painted both front fenders black, seen it done on a few other E7's and love the look. dont like it?

http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?t=33866

the bar has been set. will you step up to the plate?

also, welcome!

In Toyota, we rust.

LOL funny you should mention.... sadly i doubt i will have the cash flow for his set up, nor do i want to be too much like his car, hence painted fenders. i LOVE to be different and at this point after the hate from kelownacarlife about the car being a lift back i REALLY want to have the car nobody likes because their not over their s13 yet. cheers boys. black front fenders, i promise mods will be tasteful. nothing stupid like a F&F wang, do want to fab up some sort of front lip.

as things stand right now i NEED: header to tail pipe. then need a bigger carb, msd ignition and then its slide time from there. throw spacers at it and a set of celica supras and have a ball!

liftbacks, to me- are not ideal. but if you can rock it, all the power to you man!

msd ignition is a waste of moneys. carbs and a cam for the 3T should be a priority, as well as suspension and a welded diff, and working brakes.

In Toyota, we rust.

brakes are good, lil soft for my liking coming down from the hills around my house. diff will be welded, kinda assumed that would have been a given lol. and as far as a cam, havnt really thought about that at all. also for a carb i was planning on running a modded 22r carb from BRD racing? good idea?

When your engine blows this summer, dibs on the tranny

Lets hope it doesnt, I'll be following this build closely, I want to do minor engine work on the wagon this summer.
    See you around?

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

oh for sure! d days are a must haha

Icon14

Hey, welcome to DK! Always good to see other E7's on the boards. A liftback no less! (haters gon' hate)
    Quote Originally Posted by te72
    ...i LOVE to be different and at this point after the hate from kelownacarlife about the car being a lift back i REALLY want to have the car nobody likes because their not over their s13 yet. cheers boys. black front fenders, i promise mods will be tasteful. nothing stupid like a F&F wang, do want to fab up some sort of front lip.
    as things stand right now i NEED: header to tail pipe. then need a bigger carb, msd ignition and then its slide time from there. throw spacers at it and a set of celica supras and have a ball!
    ^pretty much describes my car! Haven't done the exhaust yet sadly enough.. MSD Blaster2 coil and Superconductor wires + a Weber carb on Supra's ftw. I plan on getting a camshaft someday to let that hemi really breathe!

Anyway, I do have lots to say about this model of Corolla, so we should exchange knowledge sometime.

Alex.
    Corollas just aren't Corollas anymore.