Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell me everything you know about the IS300/Altezza

Quote Originally Posted by Cal-Soy View Post
    I think if you plan on building a dedicated track car then a turbo beams build would be really cool. '.
    I want to do this in the future. There's a guy on youtube who did it. Looks insane! Especially in a 86

Hahaha I haven't come across any random driver yet that can pass me in my IS if there are any turns involved. Just because it's lighter or has more power it doesn't mean a damned thing. Think less, drive more.

Just like the '86, the IS is incredibly fun to drive, extremely well balanced, and in the control of an experienced driver, a force to reckoned with. That's all that matters. If you're thinking about being passed my civics or genesis' then you're completely missing the point and the beauty of these cars.

And no, this thread can't die. I ****ing love the IS300.

Migs

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post
    Hahaha I haven't come across any random driver yet that can pass me in my IS if there are any turns involved.
    True for automatics as well. Incredibly well balanced and fun to drive cars. Think 'four door n/a supra' when you drive one of these.

IMO, the definition of sports car is to have more chassis than power. Toyota always builds them that way for some reason
    - Brian

So true!

Unfortunately this was one of, if not THE very last cars produced as a collaborative effort by the same group of Toyota engineers and test drivers that brought us all the cars we here on Dori-Kaze love so much...before they all started to pass on.

I don't know about you guys, but when I drive the IS, its very apparent that the car has the same DNA as our RWD Toyota econo-sports cars of the past.

You can't get that anymore.

One of the reasons I bought my IS.

The wiper stalk is exactly the same as the MX73, and the headlight switch is the same except for the added fog light control! Old Toyota.

I bought another 86 instead of an IS... oops.
    JOVER
    F20C Powered 1985 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe | 4AGE 1986 AW11 MR2 Fully Loaded! Black on black on black

And I scratched my balls instead of reading the newspaper. So?

This isn't a discussion comparing the IS300 to the AE86...sooooo what's your point?

didn't bother to read the whole thread, BUT>..

when importing something from japanland, you need to get north american aka DOT headlights, and tires, plus the cost of inspection. also, install a daytime running light module.

price these things out before you say its cheaper to bring one in from japan. i'm bringing in a celsior right now. and there's a lot of considerations to make beyond shipping cost and initial purchase price.

i like that there are often really low km options from japan. but past that..

-Brett- a corolla...

i dont think importing is the issue here.

Its more of a 2.0L v. 3.0L debate.

Anyone have any details on the kind of gas efficiency the 2.0 has?

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    No, buy the rs200, turbo the beams, weld the diff, get 4.7;1 gears, slam it, cut stuff out of it, drill holes in the inner panels, and slay dragons!
    thats what I would do, but im kinda unstable at times
    Bump....halfway there bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?