Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819

Thread: V8 powered MR2 build

Hey sorry guys, I wish life wasn't so tough sometimes but you just gotta press on. Thankfully I've got the 3mz '91 to placate me at the moment.

Re-bodying this car has become a monumental task. The engine runs and everything but the brakes are ready to go. Welding everything on is easy, planning takes time. Now that both of those are done, the prepping for bodywork is 10x as time consuming. I've been picking away at it here and there, starting with the hard stuff first. I'm going to be finishing the rad support area in the next two weeks. Seam sealer, fibreglass, bondo, primer.... all the good stuff. I feel like my vision is finally taking shape, although it's hard to update the thread when it looks like I've done nothing :S It's hot out and spending time behind a grinding shield and in long sleeves makes it even more tiring. The good news is that the rad support is the most complicated part of the modifications, so I'm hoping to just slide down to the finish line after this. Fingers crossed for paint by the end of the year.

Anyways today I took a small picture of the rad airflow. This all connects with the hood vent (with nice panel gaps and rubberized weatherstripping) and should have the right negative pressure to pull heat away from the radiator. I've got a lot more free time coming up and I don't plan on working on "underbody" areas much longer.

What's everyone using these days for free third party hosting? Photobucket just f*cked me over for all my threads unless I pay $400 a month. How am I supposed to upload pictures of my build now?

flikr is free, and works better, but you've gotta trick it sometimes to get the proper image link. I'm mad too, I've had a photobucket for so long now.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

I'm a big fan of imgur