Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1987 Corolla GTS Liftback Resto-Build

Codes are as follows:

AFM Signal
    O2 Signal
    TPS Signal
    IAT Signal

But when testing all those components individually they are all within spec.
    1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Liftback
    1990 Toyota Corolla SR-5 20v
    2012 Lexus IS350 AWD Luxury
    2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport V8

@a_yeg_86

testing at the PCM by back-probing or testing them disconnected?

Check the voltages at the ground terminals with respect to chassis (prove out your chassis ground at the battery). All the E(n) terminals at the PCM should be less than 0.3V, probably less than 0.1V with respect to chassis ground. An important ground for the PCM sensors is the big ground on the "Air intake chamber" - the intake manifold. did you leave that disconnected after the BHG repair?
    Last edited by Sparkie; 08-20-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: didn't like initial upper voltage estimate, 0.5 is too high in my opinion.

Here's the relevant two pages from the FSM, with the grounds around the PM highlighted in thin green

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    testing at the PCM by back-probing or testing them disconnected?

Check the voltages at the ground terminals with respect to chassis (prove out your chassis ground at the battery). All the E(n) terminals at the PCM should be less than 0.3V, probably less than 0.1V with respect to chassis ground. An important ground for the PCM sensors is the big ground on the "Air intake chamber" - the intake manifold. did you leave that disconnected after the BHG repair?
    I'll have to check grounds at the PCM, previously tested components off the car/disconnected.
    By big ground on the intake manifold.. I'm confused there since I have 2 grounds on my intake manifold.

Thanks for the advice so far though!

Got it to start again last night by advancing the timing a little but it's still flooding itself with fuel causing it to sputter and die.
    Black smoke out the exhaust and smells like my ski-doo does haha

@a_yeg_86

Do you have power to them lol? They all kinda work on the same circuit. Black red anywhere should be 12v.

CAR STUFF FOR SALE: CLICK ME. Link to a facebook album?! So smart! Always updated.

WTB: ST ITB Velocity Stacks

Good work! Which exhaust is this!?

Been a while since I've posted in here..

Here's some new eye candy:

Full Blog post:

http://theflyingpenguin.ca/2015/09/2...ar-matts-ae86/

Enjoy!

@a_yeg_86

I was wondering when id see this car show up again. Ive been talking to a few of the edmonton guys about doing a mini meet, you should bring this!
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86 View Post
    I was wondering when id see this car show up again. Ive been talking to a few of the edmonton guys about doing a mini meet, you should bring this!
    Possibly if it isn't too cold out yet. Something else I need to work on is cleaning out the heater core lol

@a_yeg_86

Oh wow, so clean

I know there's been a lack of updates lately, hoping that changes going forward.
    Buying a house, getting engaged and trying to start up a business has been taking my time away from the car.
    I have some plans coming up, hopefully over the winter I can make some progress.

As for this summer, the car will be around at multiple shows, biggest being Driven Edmonton which I also did lat year.
    Not too much has changed over the past 2 years, but here's a few recent photos to keep everyone in the loop.

Had the honor of having the car displayed at the grand opening of Northwest Toyota in Edmonton, that was quite the experience with some pretty important people on hand for the occasion.

So I guess there are some things that have gone on since my last update, so I thought I'd throw the few things that I've done up here.

Replaced the tired drivers seat with a Bride Zeta III Gradation:

Picked up a set of 14" Riken Mesh wheels so add a little colour, and get some skinnier and less grippy tires:

Still looking around for a set of 15" to be dedicated track tires, these ones definitely are not track tires and I want to get out to more events but 14" tires are hard to find or expensive.

And the most recent mod, and only thing that I've done this year, Personal steering wheel with TRD horn button and Boss hub adapter kit:

Huge Improvement over stock, in that it's not a school bus steering wheel haha
    Although I may still jump up to a 350mm at some point, this isn't terribly hard to turn, I'm sure the no-seasons are helping the fact.

Had a good time getting sunburnt :-[ last weekend @ SunStance w/ Rev For Le Cure benefiting the Alberta Cancer Foundation

That's all for now

_Matt

@a_yeg_86

Your whole initial build to now is incredible. I wish I could've done mine this way. Perfect car in all ways and the interior panels is what I've been searching for for 8+ years.

Have instagram? Would like to follow this AE for sure.

Ray
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting86 View Post
    Your whole initial build to now is incredible. I wish I could've done mine this way. Perfect car in all ways and the interior panels is what I've been searching for for 8+ years.

Have instagram? Would like to follow this AE for sure.

Ray
    Thanks Buddy!

And I sure do, @a_yeg_86

@a_yeg_86