Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Flexy rocketship adventures: Black Betty

You still have the 13" libres? Did one get nuked?
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

I sold the libras, and got the 14" appliance mesh, which i nuked one. also bent a supra a bit, but it will live on as a spare. On the wheel front, i bought 4 more 14x8j volk mesh from devin. need to do some more refinishing though..

dude. nice

A little progress has been made this weekend- Got my dash all painted black, used the SEM color coat semi-gloss black. Seems to match the rest of the interior pretty well, aside from the fact that this will look new VS the 36 year old interior...

And I also got the radiator properly mounted. There is just enough room to nicely tuck 2x 12" efans behind it now, so the car should hopefully cool so much better this drift season. I had to trim the front inner structure of the hood to clear it all though, but it isnt super floppy, so no worries. I also installed hood pins to keep it all shut.

The diff is getting dropped off tonight to have the weir rebuild kit and solid pinion spacer installed as well. Then all that should be left is to install the wiring harnesses, make the dash fit, install GTS fuel tank, supra rear, and make some new brake lines to simpify the OEM system and install my wilwood bias valve, as well as a line lock for smokey burnouts. The end is in sight!

SWEEET. You'll beat Betsy blue for sure!
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Small update: Got the dash mocked up more properly, as well as got all the wiring harnesses in for the 1uz stuff. I have a few wires to solder, then I need to finalize vent tubing and stuff for the new dash, and get it all in. I also got the heater core, blower motor, and ecu all nicely mounted, but no pics of that.

And today I finished assembling all of my volk mesh:

And I also had my diff away to get rebuilt, and got word that it looks like the differential itself is probably pooched from the accident, so I guess I'm in the market for a 7.5" differential. Open, LSD, whatever.

Another small update for today:

Got the stock rear end out today, along with the old stock gas tank, in preparation for my refreshed supra rear end that should be coming back from Ramsay pretty soon. I found a pickup/previa open diff on craigslist to use the center section out of. Ramsay welded it all up and put the 3.9 r+p on it, as it came with a 4.3 which would be way too short for the w56 and 14's.

I also picked up an AEM fuel pump, and installed it in the 86 GTS tank that will be going in the car. I cant wait to have a properly baffled fuel tank, along with a hopefully much quieter in tank pump setup. The old MSD external pump on the blue car was so loud that it would almost drown out the engine noise below 2000 rpm..

Hopefully the weather tomorrow will be decent and I can get some more progress in on the car, I want to bring it out to the DK meet coming up. I also picked up a tubing bender and brake line flaring kit, so I can revamp the braking system, and get my line lock and bias adjuster installed as well.

A line lock and a v8? Going to need a trailer or roof rack to hold all the tires you will go through

nice work mate. things are looking good

Thank god for the in-tank. Can't wait to see this engine ripping again.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Rad Jason! Good progress!
    SpeedHero

Thanks dudes! I made a little progress last weekend, got the GTS tank installed, after some fuel filler opening modification on the body, and some cutting and bending of the stock hardlines on the tank and the car. Also got the refreshed rear end and all the rear suspension back in the car. The LSD is gone, but i'm stoked for the welded and not having to worry about it opening up. Had a weir solid pinion spacer installed as well. Had to modify the rear ebrake cable mounts, like the sedan had. Lastly I installed new front outer tie rods and sleeves, to compensate for the extended LCAs.

This long weekend should have me finishing a lot of stuff, and hopefully firing it up and maybe test driving it!

To Do still:

-re-route the factory fuel and brake hardlines under the car, then make new brake lines up front, install bias valve (and line lock if i can find the right fittings)
    -wire e-fans, fuel pump, battery
    -hook up rad, heater core lines, oil filter relocate, add fluids
    -install drive shaft
    -install steering column
    -exhaust install
    -dash install
    -re-install body panels

-possibly do fender work to fit the meshies, hopefully can get some tires mounted on em soon.

-DO A BURNOUT!

Progress so far this long weekend: brake and fuel lines re-routed, new brake lines made and bias adjuster installed. efans and fuel pump wired, battery installed, heater core and rad hooked up, fluids added. drive shaft installed, steering column installed.

I attempted to start it, but it wasn't firing at all. Fuel pump is working, but it just cranks. I'm going to clean all the grounds, as most aren't super clean, then dive deeper if that doesn't work. I also have a big fuel leak from the soft lines from the tank to the hard lines, which i need to sort.

here's pics of how she sits after the recent work

It runs! Wasn't starting because the ECU wasn't getting proper power. Got it all together, and on the road! There are still a few teething electrical issues, such as popping wiper and gauge cluster fuses when its keyed on, (should be a simple short somewhere), and a few little leaks and things i need to quickly take care of.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get tires mounted on my meshies, and fit them on the car! Then drifting in victoria on saturday!

This is exciting! Good job JD!
    SpeedHero

wow, haven't been watching this thread. was super bummed that blue e70 met its end but damn this is redemption in the finest way!!!!
    looks great man, nice job with everything.
    keen on burnout videos...
    ★彡SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NIGHT TERRORS夜の恐怖
    www.facebook.com/themnightterrors
    http://www.themnightterrors.bigcartel.com/

Yeeesssss! Good job man.

Maybe popping fuses from my janky ae86 cluster wiring.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

wheels are on the car now. some last minute prep tomorrow, then off to the island for the first shakedown event!

yes man... this rocks
    ★彡SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NIGHT TERRORS夜の恐怖
    www.facebook.com/themnightterrors
    http://www.themnightterrors.bigcartel.com/

Dang! It looks fly! Finish my liftback now!
    SpeedHero