Thread: Good Edmonton Machine Shop

Good Edmonton Machine Shop

Question for the Edmonton fellas,

Can anyone recommend a good machine shop?

My 2zz-ge has developed a knock.

Thanks!!

Hey Harjeet, ive heard good and bad stories about every damn shop here in Edmonton.
    I think your best option is to go and try one out, I ended up going to Prostock to get some work done. Heard about as much good as bad from people and in the end they were quite easy to deal with.
    Sadly with the internet, most reviews are bad these days and documented on line, usually people with good reviews dont take the time to let others know that they had a great experience. I'm just as bad for this, I'm much more likely to give a bad review than post a good one. I need to be better about this for sure.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

i asked a friend who used to run a shop, and he didn't have any recommendations... but i think like projectae86 said, if you develop a friendship / respect with a shop you can have a better idea
    Speed Kills - Drive a Honda and live Forever
    http://twitter.com/coryinsales

Also, I've been using Trac Engine Services for the last month. Had them do some work on my block and I just dropped off a head for them this week. Pretty fast turn around times, and so far great work!
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

how did this end up? any recommendations?
    i thought the 2zz wasn't really serviceable, the cylinder bores are not able to do more than honing. same issue with the 1zz, so if you have a place thats cool
    Speed Kills - Drive a Honda and live Forever
    http://twitter.com/coryinsales