Thread: 85 ae86 GTS Hatch Ontario

85 ae86 GTS Hatch Ontario

Sadly it's time to say good bye. I need a few years to focus on a home build and need this out of the way. Once settled I'll be back but for now I don't need this distraction.

I was so out of touch with the value of these cars and after researching online and hearing from a few peeps just how little you get these days for the money and also recognizing that these are just non-existent in the north east anymore I've decided to price the car at $9200 OBO.

I originally put a kijiji add up and I don't have time to deal with the responses, overwhelming. (DK was down when I came by)

I'd ideally like this to go someone who appreciates the time and effort I've put into this car and gathering all the parts etc. someone who can maybe finish the project that I couldn't make time for.

I setup a blog page with all the details neil85ae86.blogspot.com

Please no DIBs on parts, I don't even want to consider separating at this time.

Neil
    Uber D.I.Y. Zenki Turbo
    Squirted since '03

"When I'm old enough to get my drivers license, I'm going to drive the car allllll over DisneyLand, and their ain't no-one whose gonna stop me!" - my 5yr old son 09/16/2005

Guess I should mention I'm in Peterborough now, for a short while longer anyways.
    Uber D.I.Y. Zenki Turbo
    Squirted since '03

"When I'm old enough to get my drivers license, I'm going to drive the car allllll over DisneyLand, and their ain't no-one whose gonna stop me!" - my 5yr old son 09/16/2005

nice car, I've been outta touch as well if the prices are that high now but it makes sense seeing how alot of them have been destroyed by tofu wannabe's
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some hairdresser comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

I messaged you via kijiji but ya 9200 is pretty steep considering the car isnt all sorted

I hear Jehuty, I gave full disclosure on the state of the car but believe it or not the ask is lower than the offers I'm getting. Thing is, a decent starter car with maybe a couple good parts and not necessarily in driveable condition is pretty much a $4k-$5k USD car these days, so throw in the fact that it runs, actually runs pretty darn good and I'm sure with a little time logging and tuning in MS the detonation can be resolved (just put new plugs and fuel and vac line and it still does it, not as bad mind you so I know it's likely just a little timing pulled through the power band at 9+ psi).

Then combine the heaps of new bits, the spares, the rarity in this geographic location, it's not that unreasonable...

I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot, times change and the supply of these cars is running out.

That said I don't intend to just sell it to the highest bidder.
    Uber D.I.Y. Zenki Turbo
    Squirted since '03

Offers higher than the asking, but you still have it? That is crazy. The car is clean, but you can get a crazy done up or imported one for that price, so I am not sure what type of serious offers you would be getting. It is still a nice car, and if you are getting those offers, I hope it at least stays local so I have the chance to see it sometime.

I dunno what your market is like on the east coast, but $9200 doesn't sound unreasonable. Bone stock mint GTS hatches are minimum $8k here in BC now. Hasn't even been one for sale in a few years now.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

The last mild import that I know of that came to the GTA, sold for $17k.

Some people don't want right hand drive.
    Some people like 5 mph bumpers.
    Some people don't want the headaches of chasing down parts when they run into something that's not compatible with the US models.
    Japanese cars rust too and aren't immune to shoddy repairs...
    Uber D.I.Y. Zenki Turbo
    Squirted since '03

Best of luck with the sale

Most corolla owners are broke so ull likely sell to someone whos just entering the scene

Car is a steal. Looks like a fantastic shell. comes with heaps of extras. Not to mention you have a TRD Alternator! So cool! GLWS, hopefully she ends up in a good home.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Yes, if this shell is as good as it looks, it is a steal with all of those spares.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

From a west coast perspective that's a fair price. Broke people can't buy these anymore, they buy 85 celicas haha.
    My Blog CarJunkies