Thread: 1981 Toyota corolla 1.8 4 door Suspension

1981 Toyota corolla 1.8 4 door Suspension

Hi does anyone know anything about the bolt on or weld on coil overs from technotuning.. How to use it or put it all together.

All the information will be really appreciated.

What do you mean by how to use it?

You install them on your car then you drive it...?

If you're asking how to assemble them, then you have to use your existing struts, dissassemble them, cut them down, weld on a new spring perch, put the sleeve on then install them on the car. I'm sure a google search will turn up lots of writeups and how to's on how to put together coilovers.
    ---------------------------------
    End.

Quote Originally Posted by JipJopJones View Post
    What do you mean by how to use it?

You install them on your car then you drive it...?

If you're asking how to assemble them, then you have to use your existing struts, dissassemble them, cut them down, weld on a new spring perch, put the sleeve on then install them on the car. I'm sure a google search will turn up lots of writeups and how to's on how to put together coilovers.
    Sorry I meant to ask on how to assemble the front coilovers. Since I have put together coilovers were you have to weld or bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrazali1 View Post
    Sorry I meant to ask on how to assemble the front coilovers. Since I have put together coilovers were you have to weld or bolt on.
    I'm confused. You want to know how to assemble front coilovers but you've already assembled coilovers? Is there another method besides bolting or welding?

Quote Originally Posted by bcae92 View Post
    I'm confused. You want to know how to assemble front coilovers but you've already assembled coilovers? Is there another method besides bolting or welding?
    I usually get pre assembled coilovers. I have not put together coilovers that you have to weld. I also want to know what suspension parts can you use from a ae86 that will bolt on to a 1981 toyota corolla 4door.

How many coilovers have you installed and on which vehicles? You should have pics handy I'm sure.
    A simple Google search will give you more ae86 -> te72 suspension swap info than you can read in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by bcae92 View Post
    How many coilovers have you installed and on which vehicles? You should have pics handy I'm sure.
    A simple Google search will give you more ae86 -> te72 suspension swap info than you can read in a day.
    I have put coilovers on lexus is300s and honda civics. But not for a toyota corolla

Go to princess auto and get a set of 30$ spring compressors, a grinder, and pipe wrench and you should be able to build your own, aside from the welding part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrazali1 View Post
    I also want to know what suspension parts can you use from a ae86 that will bolt on to a 1981 toyota corolla 4door.
    Pretty much everything except the tophats. Because yours in an 81 the bolt pattern is different.
    End.

Quote Originally Posted by JipJopJones View Post
    Pretty much everything except the tophats. Because yours in an 81 the bolt pattern is different.
    Thanks for the information. If I use the ae86 suspension. Then do I use my top hat or do I drill a new hole for the ae86 top hat.

Use your old tophats
    End.

I made a video of the process here if you care to watch. Hope it helps some.
    https://youtu.be/gFGSgNFI-cQ

Thanks for the help man. I really appreciate it.