PDA

View Full Version : Quaife Manual quickrack gear sets

Brian
12-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Not mine... but a good deal, if you can find a manual rack casing to put it into.

http://www.hachiroku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114277#114277

Cavi Mike
12-24-2005, 07:31 PM
I can't believe it's only 184 bux! Are manual racks pretty hard to come by?

Brian
12-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I can't believe it's only 184 bux! Are manual racks pretty hard to come by?

You'll want to find an SR5 manual rack and steering column. Call up your local wreckers and find out.

Cavi Mike
12-24-2005, 08:10 PM
This would make for some really quick steering if it's true about power-steering knuckles are shorter than manual knuckles.

Migs
12-25-2005, 02:01 AM
It's true ;)

Migs

celica-fiend
12-25-2005, 10:20 AM
You'll want to find an SR5 manual rack and steering column. Call up your local wreckers and find out.

Hold on a minute.. Are the GTS manual rack (Ive been told by several people that these DID exist from factory.. can anyone HERE confirm??) and the SR5 manual rack the same beast?

If not, you could be buyin a quaife rack and have nothing to put it in..

I tried to find out some info earlier this year from quaife and they were completely useless... Quaife USA had no.. NO idea what it actually fit and didnt make any effort to find out..

Brett

Brian
12-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Hold on a minute.. Are the GTS manual rack (Ive been told by several people that these DID exist from factory.. can anyone HERE confirm??) and the SR5 manual rack the same beast?

If not, you could be buyin a quaife rack and have nothing to put it in..

I tried to find out some info earlier this year from quaife and they were completely useless... Quaife USA had no.. NO idea what it actually fit and didnt make any effort to find out..

Brett

AFAIK, there is only one manual rack for ae86. SR5/GTS doesn't matter, it's the chassis.

But you'll want the manual steering column (and probably the coupler/u-joints) to go with it. The p/s "spool valve" sits higher up, and the manual rack, not having that, will require the longer manual steering column to match up.

celica-fiend
12-25-2005, 01:56 PM
AFAIK, there is only one manual rack for ae86. SR5/GTS doesn't matter, it's the chassis.

But you'll want the manual steering column (and probably the coupler/u-joints) to go with it. The p/s "spool valve" sits higher up, and the manual rack, not having that, will require the longer manual steering column to match up.

ahh ha.. that'll make my hunt easier.. now I just have to hope I get that parts SR5 coupe Im aimin for at the moment..

how common is the manual rack in sr5s?

Brett

Rob Houck
12-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I found a manual rack in an 84 sr-5 at calgary pyp last spring. thats the best thing ive done so far as far as handling goes. i think they are rare but if you are a regular to the local junkyard you can find one.