PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Much better!

DJ Ambiguous
03-15-2004, 11:40 PM
On saturday i reinstalled my interior in the backseats and trunk area in my car.. a much warmer feel to the car now lol.. i also ended up putting my new front seat belts in and they work much better since latch part doesn't always fall to the floor anymore hehe... :D today i put my kouki bumper on and damn.. car looks sexy :D just gotta get the TRD spoiler on and then i can finally paint the car hehe...

C-Jo
03-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Sounds cool, I can't wait to see some pics!

Steve Groenink
03-16-2004, 08:31 AM
On saturday i reinstalled my interior in the backseats and trunk area in my car.. a much warmer feel to the car now lol.. i also ended up putting my new front seat belts in and they work much better since latch part doesn't always fall to the floor anymore hehe... :D today i put my kouki bumper on and damn.. car looks sexy :D just gotta get the TRD spoiler on and then i can finally paint the car hehe...

Question.....why would you be putting your interior back in the car when you are planning on getting it painted soon?

steve

DJ Ambiguous
03-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Question.....why would you be putting your interior back in the car when you are planning on getting it painted soon?

steve

oh i finished painting the interior already.. now i gotta paint the body.., :P

do-boy
03-16-2004, 11:25 AM
it's staying green rite?

DJ Ambiguous
03-16-2004, 11:50 AM
yes the body is getting painted Green again.. the interior was painted with Zinc Cromate enriched primer and then painted over with RUST primer and then painted with rockergaurd... i had some sandblasting and welding work done on my shock towers and welded up some holes in the trunk so i decided to water resist the trunk as much as i can hehe... the zinc primer will definitely help tho. i also undercoat the crap out of the rear wheel wells... i am just waiting for my trd spoiler and then i can finally get the car painted...

Steve Groenink
03-16-2004, 03:25 PM
yes the body is getting painted Green again.. the interior was painted with Zinc Cromate enriched primer and then painted over with RUST primer and then painted with rockergaurd... i had some sandblasting and welding work done on my shock towers and welded up some holes in the trunk so i decided to water resist the trunk as much as i can hehe... the zinc primer will definitely help tho. i also undercoat the crap out of the rear wheel wells... i am just waiting for my trd spoiler and then i can finally get the car painted...

to properly paint the exterior of a vehicle it is recommended that all interior is removed except for maybe the seats, this is for when you remove the glass and trim when painting the exterior to prevent overspray.

steve

DJ Ambiguous
03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
oh i am not looking for that show quality paint job.. this car isn't worth that kind of paint job anymore lol.. we are just gonna mask off the glass when painting the car.. i have removed all the glass trim and stuff already...

do-boy
03-16-2004, 04:16 PM
oh i am not looking for that show quality paint job.. this car isn't worth that kind of paint job anymore lol.. we are just gonna mask off the glass when painting the car.. i have removed all the glass trim and stuff already...

yea exactly what i'ma doping to but i got a question. do the quarter glass moldings come off? or just the corner pieces? the rear window mold is part of the glass rite? keep in mind i have a coupe

Boost
03-17-2004, 01:36 PM
the mouldings are seperate(sp?) from the glass.

DJ Ambiguous
03-17-2004, 04:06 PM
the moldings pop off around the quarter glass.. you'll have to use a special tool to pop them off without breaking the clips.. the rear window rubber molding is separate from the glass too...

do-boy
03-17-2004, 04:16 PM
SERIOUSLY!?!? we're talking for the coupe? they all come off? i'm having a damn hard time and i have that special tool too. i've cracked one of the corner moldings already. Cause i was reading my FRM and they just left out how to remove the quarter glass and rear moldings but had it for the door and windshield molding