PDA

View Full Version : GROUP BUY! Vibrant T304 Stainless Header

bodaciousbob
04-27-2006, 12:24 AM
SO. I did a little bit of research into the Vibrant headers, and found out that a group buy is possible. Here are some of the specs, and info on the group buy. Also there is a link for a review on toyotanation and a picture of it installed on a 'Rolla.

Construction ---> Full T304 Stainless Steel, Ported Inlets and Outlets
Outlet (collector) diameter ---> 2.25"
Installation ---> Bolts directly to stock exhaust with no modifications

For 10 at a time, I can offer you a price of $499.99. Retail price one
at a time is $629.99.

If you are able to pull this off, I would pay for the shipping to your
door. You would then have to distribute the headers to the forum
members that choose to purchase the header.

We will have another 10 of the 86' headers available 4-5 weeks from now.

If you are interested in organizing this group buy, please contact me at
the phone number below.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t71113.html

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/554000-554999/554232_36_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/554000-554999/554232_39_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/554000-554999/554232_38_full.jpg

bodaciousbob
04-27-2006, 12:28 AM
If there is interest in this, I will have YOU pay Vibrant directly (as I dont want to be responsible for the amount of money involved) and I will be the contact, and reciever for the items (since he will only ship to one address.)

I am waiting for a reply from Derryck as to if we can get a lower price for 15 headers.

If you purchase one, item will either be:

A) Picked up by you in Banff
B) Shipped to you at YOUR expense from Banff (please read that again, YOUR expense)

ALSO, please do NOT flood my inbox with PMs, if you have any questions on this, I am on DK pretty much every day.... SO POST IN THIS THREAD!

(can you say addict? :e)

coreworld
04-27-2006, 03:39 AM
I might be ito getting one if the price is a little lower. Is $499 tax in or no?

twotone_ae86
04-27-2006, 07:49 AM
wierd, that header in the picture has an egr bung, the one derek ordered came without one

GTS Jeff
04-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Dyno sheets?

Brian
04-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Dyno sheets?

Not really required. I drove 666's coupe, and it pulls really hard. Harder than I remember it ever pulling, and it had a stock engine, AFAIK.

nit picks:
- not 16/20v dual flange :crybaby:
- single o2 sensor bung up in #1 runner (would prefer 2nd screw-in bung at/after collector)
- flex joint is fat, and hangs down fairly low.
- price (but the group buy negates that)

Things I really like:
- smooooooth mandrel bends
- nice welds
- shiny!
- makes power
- sounds nice
- Canadian!

aceofspades
04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
wow stilla bit pricey dang 400 i would buy one i guess hmm i still may take one if i can get a job on time

PandaCoupe
04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Sweet. I'd take one even at $499, but less is always better. :D

narfy
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
wow stilla bit pricey dang 400 i would buy one i guess hmm i still may take one if i can get a job on time
i don't think you're calculating the exchange rate...

i don't think you realize what kind of a quality product this is...

i don't think you should complain about prices... if u have nothing good to say, don't say nothing...

aceofspades
04-27-2006, 12:03 PM
well is it 499 us or canada?

tronAE86
04-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Im in.
Come on people, this is a great product. 500 bucks is not expensive for what you get. A 150 dollar header will last you maybe a year. You have to pay to play. Lets get 15!!

aceofspades
04-27-2006, 01:18 PM
yea i guess i'll take one but 500 us or canada?

Twincam16
04-27-2006, 01:49 PM
That's my car :eek:. The EGR bung was added during the test fitting.

KnightX_AE86
04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
^^^^ Norm... haha i knew that was your car when i saw the pix =P

i think u guys should know something about this header...
Dino has given Norm and myself a set of header to put on our cars and to see how everything works and fit... on Norm's car he has to use the OEM short oil filter just so the 1st pipe can clear over the filter and even then he said its still a tight fit....
I myself am not so lucky myself... somehow my bluttop has a bracket between the oil filter and the bottom end block so that kinda took up about 2-4inches and for that reason the 1st pipe did not clear the oil filter.. I will take some pic tomorrow to show you guys what i mean by that bracket thing...

I've showed it to Migz at a meet and even he said that its weird that theres a bracket on mine... but like i said i'll take pic for you guys tomorrow and you can check your block and see if u have that bracket... and if you do then this header is not for u...

pitobread
04-27-2006, 03:31 PM
what year is your car?

04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
haha gay i don't want people running around with the same header as me!:D

and Brian, that was with an exhaust leak as well. mind you i still think its there because it makes sort of a whistling sound at certain parts of the gas.:cursing:

narfy
04-27-2006, 03:57 PM
haha gay i don't want people running around with the same header as me!:D

and Brian, that was with an exhaust leak as well. mind you i still think its there because it makes sort of a whistling sound at certain parts of the gas.:cursing:
where was it leaking from??

04-27-2006, 04:05 PM
well i thought it was from the bottom at the header<->cat flange, but i replace that gasket. well the first one was just blue silicon. so i dono, i haven't really had time to look at it, or remembered:e

pitobread
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
^^^^ Norm... haha i knew that was your car when i saw the pix =P

i think u guys should know something about this header...
Dino has given Norm and myself a set of header to put on our cars and to see how everything works and fit... on Norm's car he has to use the OEM short oil filter just so the 1st pipe can clear over the filter and even then he said its still a tight fit....
I myself am not so lucky myself... somehow my bluttop has a bracket between the oil filter and the bottom end block so that kinda took up about 2-4inches and for that reason the 1st pipe did not clear the oil filter.. I will take some pic tomorrow to show you guys what i mean by that bracket thing...

I've showed it to Migz at a meet and even he said that its weird that theres a bracket on mine... but like i said i'll take pic for you guys tomorrow and you can check your block and see if u have that bracket... and if you do then this header is not for u...

Zenki oil cooler sammich plates are thinner than the kouki ones if you have a later model kouki engine (epecially 87 7 rib engines) then this header wont fit unless you change your oil cooler plate to a late model thin one..

The late model kouki ones come out and go on an angle towards the firewall(or is it the front... damn memory playing tricks on me).. zenki's are flat

PDM
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Not to hijack this thread....but $499 is the US price that Derek from Vibrant will extend to the group. Vibrant's Canadian price to Dori Kaze is $629 Canadian plus tax. (that's a crappy 1.26 exchange rate)

Shipping will be free to WHOMEVER purchases all the headers ie: if Bodaciousbob buys them all, then he get's them all shipped to Banff, then you pay to have it shipped to where ever you are.

Taxes are extra.

Now, if you guys are serious, PDM Racing will offer this header for $525 Canadian dollars plus taxes and shipping. That is only IF 5 headers are purchased in full before we bring in these headers.

Taxes are extra. Shipping if you are not in Vancouver is extra. US customers don't pay any taxes.

Let me know if you want a group purchase on these headers.

PDM

www.pdm-racing.com

bodaciousbob
04-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah I got a response from Derryck, and these are US funds.. :( $624.98 each

I'm gonna see if it'll be cheaper for 15..

well is it 499 us or canada?
AmeriCAN :(

Now, if you guys are serious, PDM Racing will offer this header for $525 Canadian dollars plus taxes and shipping. That is only IF 5 headers are purchased in full before we bring in these headers.

Taxes are extra. Shipping if you are not in Vancouver is extra. US customers don't pay any taxes.

Let me know if you want a group purchase on these headers.

PDM

I like your price much better!!
I'm in for one on June 1...(mabye earlier, say may 18th)
This'll give everyone a chance to get that pretty penny together! :P

Headers from PDM for $525 CAD, paid by June 1.
1) Bodaciousbob (Josh)
2)
3)
4)
5)

KnightX_AE86
04-27-2006, 08:47 PM
my car is the same as Norm's 1985 =\ wonder why it fit on his and not mine when everthing is the same... and it has nothing to do with the oil cooler.. its right AT the oil filter

mine = block > bracket > filter
norm = block > filter :cursing:

pitobread
04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
my car is the same as Norm's 1985 =\ wonder why it fit on his and not mine when everthing is the same... and it has nothing to do with the oil cooler.. its right AT the oil filter

mine = block > bracket > filter
norm = block > filter :cursing:

The oil cooler plate goes in between the filter and the block. all oil cooler equipped cars go lke this oil filter>oil cooler sandwich plate>block

He has an oil cooler sandwich plate in his pics, i can see it behind the filter.

If you for some odd reason have a late model kouki one on yours it is 2x as thick as a zenki one and it has an odd bend in it.. if thats the case you need a zenki one to make it fit, it's slimmer

http://www.pitobread.com/media2/car/misc/engine2.JPG

Thats my car with a late model kouki one on it, you can see it sticks out pretty far and points towards the front. I don't have a better pic of it unfortunately.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/554000-554999/554232_39_full.jpg

Thats a zenki one, as you can see behind the filter(the locating pin tab sticks outa bit) it's alot slimmer and keeps the filter in closer to the block..

if you have some thing different than this take pics.

tronAE86
04-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I have a 7rib. Most likely backing out for now.
dage nabit!

ryuuha
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
this doesn't fit on 7 rib?

PandaCoupe
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Damn, I just swapped a kouki 4ag into my car. :(

Shouldn't they have spent a little more R&D to ensure these headers fit on all 85-87 GTS? I'm out too.

Maybe Megan Racing will make one that is high quality & reasonably priced like their cat-back exhaust. Wishful thinking?

Brian
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
That's odd... are you guys using the proper genuine Toyota filter, the short 4-cyl one? Or are you using the longer one?

Heck, just delete the oil cooler! Or run a full-flow setup.

tronAE86
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Would an oil filter relocation kit be out the question/not worth it?

Brian
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Would an oil filter relocation kit be out the question/not worth it?

Sure. Do it. Just use AN plumbing okay? While you're there, do a thermostat and oil cooler too.

Just delete your oil cooler and cap the oil pan return port. This way you can thread the filter directly into the block. Order up the filter mounting nipple for a 4AF engine.

pitobread
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Or just swap to a zenki plate??? It's not like they are hard to come by, or remove.. one big nut removes it from the block... I have about 5 of them someplace.

I'm not 100% on this either, but that was my sugguestion because it's the only other reason I could come up with that the header doesent fit. Use a toyota xxxxx-xxxf1 filter (the small one) and a zenki plate like the pic above and your gold.

twotone_ae86
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
666 has a 7 rib block with the sandwich plate from an early model 4ag and his fits like a charm

bodaciousbob
05-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Headers from PDM for $525 CAD, paid by June 1.
1) Bodaciousbob (Josh)
2)
3)
4)
5)

ttt

death_blossom
05-09-2006, 04:02 AM
That's an awesome price that PDM is offering. I'm surprised no one is jumping on it.

bodaciousbob
05-09-2006, 04:23 AM
That's an awesome price that PDM is offering. I'm surprised no one is jumping on it.

So am I...

T T T !

If people want, let's extend it to July or August..Assuming the fine gents at PDM would accept!

LanEvoVII
06-23-2006, 01:21 AM
so is this happening?

bodaciousbob
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
apparently not.. no interest..

dlordco
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Fyi guys
These headers are most likely going to be going away!!!!!!!
So get them now while you can

visean
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I have a pace setter on my blacktop... i was using it as temporary until I buy a better one
On the pacesetter the egr had to be removed. Had to mod some bolt holes too.

How is the fitment of this on a blacktop?
Will the same modifications need to be made? (other than EGR bung)

If this header is good for blacktop then I'm in

celica-fiend
02-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Im just gonna go ahead and lock this thread now to prevent confusion.. as Joshbob started it some 10 months ago when he actually owned a corolla.. and now.. he owns no corolla.. and isnt running a group buy on these at the moment..

Brett