PDA

View Full Version : 85 ae86 hatch parting out

anima
06-24-2004, 10:20 PM
located in saskatoon saskatchewan, but am willing to ship.

the car was bought complete and running very strongat a dealers auction, i believe it to be unliscencable. so i am parting it out :)

85 grey GTS hatch, grey/black interior.

e-mial me if you want anything

aw101x@hotmail.com

DJ Ambiguous
06-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Kris, is there a lot of rust?... i am sure i can get it to pass in alberta ;)...

ae86ist
06-24-2004, 10:37 PM
how is the interior? i need the rear seats
how is the exterior? i need doors, hood, hatch if they are RUST FREE?
let me know thanx
steve

SSJChar
06-24-2004, 11:55 PM
noooooo! mine! dibs! wait, unlicencable, mayb not...

peterh
06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
i need rear seat belt assemblies, and the passenger side seat belt ... how are the interior panels can u shoot some pics ? peterhalim@hotmail.com

anima
06-25-2004, 08:02 AM
DJ, it is in really descent shape, except the rear fenders i guess. but i am still parting it out :) i need some suspension/driveline components for a project i will be putting together over the winter, sooooo..........

ae86ist - i'll take a closer look tonight after work, i think the doors are good to go, but the front fenders i think a little rust might be starting under the mud flaps. i'll check tonight for you though. the seats are ass.

SSJChar - you needed a bumper and plastic fender piece right?

moojester
06-25-2004, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=anima]DJ, it is in really descent shape, except the rear fenders i guess. but i am still parting it out :) i need some suspension/driveline components for a project i will be putting together over the winter, sooooo..........
[QUOTE]

Thermal Fan Clutch Assembly?

Mine has play, if your Rad fan is tight, no wiggle back and forth then i'm interested.

how about the front carpet? are there any holes in it?

what condition are the door cards in?

what about the back seats?

What color is the front bumper/what shape is it in?

How long are you going to have this car around?

THanks!!

speed_ricer
06-25-2004, 11:20 AM
how much for the motor? i really want my car to run again so tired of driving a cavalier (dumb domestic crap cars)

Loki440
06-25-2004, 12:35 PM
hows the taillights (crackfree), also how are the two front seat backings, also headlight covers

SSJChar
06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
ya, i need a bumper, the passenger front fender, and i guess that was all. i thought there was a plastic part like the back bumper, but i dont think there is.

anima
06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
moojester
- thermal fan is all good
- front carpet - upon close inspection i have found two small cigarette holes, but both are placed right infront of the seat (one drivers one passenger side) and are all but unnoticable.
- door cards are mediocer. they are starting to crack around the handle you grab onto to close the door, and the drivers side door has the color worn off where the driver would rest his arm out the window.
- back seats are ass
- front bumper - the plastic is good, but the paint is starting to crack. it's not broken though. front bumper is grey in color.
- the car will be around for a little while, but not indefinitely.

speed ricer - i have yet to do a compression check on the motor, but it pulls very strong. i will have a better idea of what i want for it once i better check it out. where are you located? keep in mind that it cost about 70$ to ship an enigne from lethbridge to saskatoon on a return trip in a truck.

loki440
- taillights are crack free and in good shape.
- front seat backings are ass
- headlight covers are good.

SSJChar
- there is a plastic piece on the front bumper, the fender metal stops almost at the top of the wheel arch and travels level to the front side marker. the plastic piece sits under that and completes the external bodywork on the front corners.
- the fender has some rust coming through where the mud flap attatches, but it is in very good shape otherwise and salvagable. ther eare no holes, and no rust anywhere else on it. the drivers side front fender is in better shape, but there is some rust coming through int he same area, but not as bad.

peterh
- the seatbelts are all good and grey in color. the odd thing about the back belts that i have personally never seen before in a corolla is that the back seat belts are not a wind up style, but more like the center seatbelt in a truck or a large american car, but not quite. there is a length adjsuter, but it is not a stray strap, it is attatched to the belt.

-the interior panels are hit and miss. tell me what your after and i'll give you my best description. i don't have a digicam, but i'll try to shoot some pics of it for you, but it may take osme time to arrange.

ae86ist
- the back seats are ass
- the hood is good except a very small amount of bubble rust on the underside of the forward most lip section, the very front edge (jsut the edge) some of the paint was worn off, and there is very minor surface rust.
- the doors are good everywhere except the bottom edge on the inside some rust is forming.
- the hatch has a rust bubble forming below the wing.

other items of interest

rear hatch wing
gas tank looks to be in good shape
stock exhaust system with cat minus the muffler.
aftermarket muffler (can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but i'll post more about that when i find out)
uncracked instrument cluster reading something like 289XXXkm's.
all electornics work including sunroof stuff.

e-mial me at aw101x@hotmail.com

DJ Ambiguous
06-25-2004, 07:21 PM
what a shame that a perfectly functional car has to be dissassembled :P

anima
06-25-2004, 08:57 PM
the other way around DJ! i saved it from death in a wrecker yard....i am mkinda like an organ transplant doctor guy here :)

DJ Ambiguous
06-25-2004, 10:03 PM
the other way around DJ! i saved it from death in a wrecker yard....i am mkinda like an organ transplant doctor guy here :)

if ya put it that way... you are forgiven ;)... lol

speed_ricer
06-26-2004, 02:56 PM
well i live in saskatoon but i instead of shiping will drive to pick up cause i feel bored and there is nothing better then a road trip. and after tuesday will be off til when ever i feel like going bock to work.

Loki440
06-26-2004, 06:13 PM
forgot to add, how about both the front seat belt buckles(not the latch but the part you push in) are they not broken cause mine are, that and the gas door plus hinge ?

4Aaron GE
06-26-2004, 10:23 PM
I need the fuel filler neck.

ae86ist
06-27-2004, 01:58 PM
DJ, it is in really descent shape, except the rear fenders i guess. but i am still parting it out :) i need some suspension/driveline components for a project i will be putting together over the winter, sooooo..........

ae86ist - i'll take a closer look tonight after work, i think the doors are good to go, but the front fenders i think a little rust might be starting under the mud flaps. i'll check tonight for you though. the seats are ass.

SSJChar - you needed a bumper and plastic fender piece right?

alright the doors are good, how bout the inside bottom and all around lips if you could send me some pics that would be great, also the hood and the hatch mac1_daddy@hotmail.com

anima
06-27-2004, 05:28 PM
ae86ist, i'll take some pictures and scan them. it will probably take a couple of days but i will get them to you.

4Aaron GE - filler neck is yours, e-mail me an offer.

loki440 - the gas door+hinge is good, the buckles are all good too. e-mail me an offer.

speed_ricer
06-27-2004, 10:58 PM
any word on the motor? i can pick up so no shiping needed

anima
06-29-2004, 12:09 AM
sorry guys, busy couple of days.

speed ricer, my apologies, but you were beat to the engine. Mike from the sports car club got that.

so i msut update everything here.

SOLD AND GONE ITEMS:
engine including intake and exhaust manifolds.
front inner door panels
front bumper
front lip
both front plastic fender/bumper pieces
passenger headlight assembly
rear marker lights
passenger front fender
front marker lights
front signal lights
rims + tires
inner door handles
window cranks