PDA

View Full Version : FS: Great 14inch Burn out tires, 1 GOOD AE86 Illumina

SupraFiend
05-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I have one good AE86 Tokico Illumina for sale. Theres nothing wrong with it, its twin blew. I put them in about a year ago and we put maybe 10-15k kms on them before the other blew (we only autoxed once with this car in that time too). The other was used (and hard, used on a race car) and had unknown milage, this one had 0 miles on it when we installed it (it was a spare for said race car). The red adjustment cap is still on it and the shock is in great shape, no funny noises and no dents. Yours for 50cdn. FYI with my really good discount at lordco I can get these new for around 120cdn, list is alot more (thats a spot of grease on the shock in the picture btw).

Next up is a pair of really nice 185/60-14 passenger tires (they're not anything sporty) with a big flaw. The tread is great on them, matched pair, about 80 percent tread left, no dry rot, they stick decent and look fine... until you see the big crack that runs all the way around on the sidewall on only one side of each. Visible in the pics. I thought it was a cut from being on a lowered car or something but my tire guy figures it was a temperture change that made them crack. Its not too bad in most places but on the one on the left its almost a 1/4 inch deep in a couple places and the sidewall is just a touch distorted there (that area is pictured). I drove on these for weeks (the previous owner had them on the car for years) and even passed a provincial safety inspection with them on the car! However I don't trust them enough to leave them on my mothers car so they've been replaced and I would recomend the new owner burn them up ASAP. If you buy these and they blow up and take out your car don't come running back to me. 20 bucks for the pair. All parts in Mission.

http://www.dorikaze.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4757&stc=1&d=1146767423

http://www.dorikaze.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4758&stc=1&d=1146767450
theres a gouge on the one on the right visible in this pic too.

SupraFiend
05-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Bump! The Illumina is 60 bucks now. If you have illuminas you should really pick this up, having a spare around is always a good idea with tokicos. Tires are still available too, great for a drift day!

SupraFiend
05-24-2006, 09:31 PM
How about 25 bucks for the pair of tires, come on now, surely someone could use them. Like I said I drove on them for quite awhile before I noticed the crack, they're good tires I just wouldn't plan on keeping them around long.

Added a aw11 K&N drop in filter in awesome shape, 15 bucks.

Also I will be at the Old School Japanese car meet on Saturday and can bring any of this stuff out with me.

SupraFiend
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Also I could use a pair of 4x4.5 ->4x4.5 25-30mm wheel adapters in a trade if anyone has a pair they don't need.

SupraFiend
05-30-2006, 10:04 AM
bump, stuff still available

SupraFiend
06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Price drop, tires 20 bucks, shock 50 bucks. It shoud be noted that the other shock was used in a race car before we got it so it probably had a pretty hard life before it made it into my wifes car. I think we did only 1 autox with these shocks installed. This is a good shock and they cost alot new, surely someone could use it!

SupraFiend
06-05-2006, 09:13 AM
MR2 filter is no longer available. What do you know, with a tiny bit of shaving to the stock AE86 airbox, it fits pretty decently!

I'll be killing these tires myself if no one else wants them. They're pretty short for a supra or I would have done it already.

Someone must be running on illuminas still, buy mine for when one of yours blows (and it will)!

SupraFiend
06-14-2006, 09:51 AM
bump. I might be making a trip into Van later this week or early next week and could bring this stuff with me.

SupraFiend
06-19-2006, 12:21 AM
One last bump before I go to club4ag with the shock. The tires are still available but slated for destruction via Supra. There is a waiting list for such tires, lots of work for the Supra to do :D