PDA

View Full Version : A little slideways in my turbo AE86

Chromedragon
08-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Watching the video now I can see that I need more angle, but my speed was pretty decent on this entry. Once I get a new clutch I can work on the angle more. I'm terrified to clutch kick at all right now.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAbfQ7mcn2Q

narfy
08-08-2006, 03:49 PM
nice... i can't drift... :) you win

VickersGTS
08-08-2006, 03:50 PM
i think we all freaked out on that run.

Solid, mate!

canadianskyline
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Who'd you get that footage from?? I would love to get my hands on some of my footage if there is any, haha.

BTW, good job on the big entry, you were ripping it up.:crazy:

Chromedragon
08-08-2006, 11:13 PM
It will be along soon enough. I hassled Shawley enough that he sent me one of my runs.

canadianskyline
08-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, i figured it was video from him.....:D

Jimbo246
08-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I dont know much about drifting but im wondering if you did that opposite steering thing before that corner if you would go sideways more and you could still maintain the control you want???

Chromedragon
08-09-2006, 01:39 AM
I kicked it sideways about 20 feet prior to the apex of the first corner. There is a slight hill and you crest it just at the apex. On the last corner it's an ascending rate corner so you have to enter it slow and then accelerate out or you just plow into the grass and pilons.

Lack of angle was mostly because I wasn't really going crazy on the car. My clutch is on its last legs, but if I'd wanted more angle all I would have to do is give a little clutch kick to get the revs up and the tires spinning more. I still need to drive the car so I don't really want to kill my clutch just yet.

clay72
08-15-2006, 08:53 PM
hey cool i was just at that track last weekend for the canadian karting nationals. i could see the drifting tracks. that track was HELLA fast for a kart.

1985trueno
08-27-2006, 12:07 AM
it's really hard to kick it more sideways without the modded tie rod either from URAS or battle version.... the steering angle on a stock rolla is actually quite limiting, successful drifts are more likely than not to have a shallow angle on a rolla (but faster speed around the bend, so you catch up to 240s and stuff easy).....that's how I feel anyway.

Migs
08-27-2006, 02:43 AM
it's really hard to kick it more sideways without the modded tie rod either from URAS or battle version.... the steering angle on a stock rolla is actually quite limiting, successful drifts are more likely than not to have a shallow angle on a rolla (but faster speed around the bend, so you catch up to 240s and stuff easy).....that's how I feel anyway.

:eek:

Less talking. More driving. That's all you need.

Migs

Chromedragon
08-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Well the whole problem is compromise. More angle means less speed unless you have a ****load of power. Even boosted I had a tough time keeping speed up in the corners. Obviously an LSD and correct suspension will help some, but when guys you're competing against are making three or four times the power it can be tough.