PDA

View Full Version : PIR: AE86 Battle Footage!! VIDEO

Castro
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Well it wasn't really a battle, but here's some footage of me, Panda86 and Johnny_Engrish at Seattles' Pacific Raceway on Sep 4 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEGgTLERTXU

Rob.K
09-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Oh man looks like so much fun. Very cool.

Why did you let them past?

Castro
09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh man looks like so much fun. Very cool.

Why did you let them past?

well, I wanted to follow Johnny_Engrish for awhile to see his line and see if I could catch up to him. But then an Elise was really tailing me so I figured I would let him by and give up. The session was almost over by then anyway.

celica-fiend
09-06-2006, 08:52 PM
heh, this vid demonstrates something I hated about the video my wife shot of my Inside Line track day runs.. it just looks so freakin slow from outside the car..

looks like a hell of a track and a crapload of fun.. thanks for the vid..

Brett

dark.star
09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
that looks like waaaaaay too much fun :e

Panda86
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
heh, this vid demonstrates something I hated about the video my wife shot of my Inside Line track day runs.. it just looks so freakin slow from outside the car...

Brett

Lens angle has a lot to do with it. Most consumer model camcorders have narrow angles that aren't flattering for speed. Wide angle lenses are a little more realistic. Camera placement makes a difference too. When a camera is mounted inside a car near or behind the seats, you don't get a good view of the road (especially on the sides of the road). This helps accentuate speed.

Also, your own eyes have peripheral vision, you're mentally focusing on what's ahead, but your peripheral vision captures the road rushing by. Cameras don't really capture that sense of speed.

Rob.K: passing at events like this are controlled by the person in front, you point to allow the faster car behind you to pass. there's is no aggressive "overtaking", etc.. It's cooperative.

bodaciousbob
09-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Oh man oh man oh man...

Castro, reading about your car, and it's setup, that thing would be a freakin' blast to drive out there..

Now if only I had some R-Compounds on my car, I'd love to flog that thing on a track too..

Coupes FTW!

Cool vid too :)

Castro
09-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh man oh man oh man...

Castro, reading about your car, and it's setup, that thing would be a freakin' blast to drive out there..

Now if only I had some R-Compounds on my car, I'd love to flog that thing on a track too..

Coupes FTW!

Cool vid too :)

ya, its pretty cool except the motor is blowing smoke like crazy so I was pretty nervous about that......time for a rebuild already...:cursing:

clay72
09-18-2006, 01:02 PM
thats so cool. i'm very jealous. looks like your car has some balls on the straight, seemed like you were closing on that civic si.

do-boy
09-19-2006, 02:25 PM
i love watching cars coming down the big hill into the right-left-right (turn 2 a,b?)