PDA

View Full Version : Takeda Track Day video - 9/29/08

apharmdb
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry about the bounce on the video. It's 2 different segments from the same run spliced together as I had the heavy traffic bits cut out for size considerations. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9TqzyhF9Y

narfy
10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
would've been sweet if the camera was mounted a tiny bit higher... but it's awesome to see footage... reminds me of all the fun i had!!

apharmdb
10-03-2008, 11:01 AM
would've been sweet if the camera was mounted a tiny bit higher... but it's awesome to see footage... reminds me of all the fun i had!!

picky picky....but yes I did try to mount it as high as possible :( Should have a better and more proper mounting point for next season.

AhBra
10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
How did you mount it in your car? Care to take a picture for me?

carthik2
10-04-2008, 04:30 AM
I Velcro'd my camera to the top of my passenger seat at a track day, worked pretty good, pretty firm, nice angle. got the velcro at dollarama.

apharmdb
10-04-2008, 08:34 PM
How did you mount it in your car? Care to take a picture for me?

Sure I can take a picture sometime this week. It was easy really. Just too a piece of square hollow extruded aluminum, cut it to length (longer than the pass. headrest) and put 2 long bolts through it to clamp it firmly to the headrest. Then I drilled a hole to mount a camera mount onto the bar I left longer. Got the camera mount off a cheap mini tripod I had lying around.

Silly Wabbit
10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Sure I can take a picture sometime this week. It was easy really. Just too a piece of square hollow extruded aluminum, cut it to length (longer than the pass. headrest) and put to long bolts through it to clamp it firmly to the headrest. Then I drilled a hole to mount a camera mount onto a bar I left longer. Got the camera mount off a cheap mini tripod I had lying around.

oi

Silly Wabbit
10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Sure I can take a picture sometime this week. It was easy really. Just too a piece of square hollow extruded aluminum, cut it to length (longer than the pass. headrest) and put to long bolts through it to clamp it firmly to the headrest. Then I drilled a hole to mount a camera mount onto a bar I left longer. Got the camera mount off a cheap mini tripod I had lying around.

haha when I first saw it I thought it was some sort of drafting tool or an alignment rod!!!

Once I saw it in the car I was like damn that's kinda cool.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

apharmdb
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Lol - I could have made up all sorts of uses :) Only thing I forgot was to wind the camera cord around the mount to secure it. I think that's what made all the clicking noises in the video.

Silly Wabbit
10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
it sounded like the camera was rattling in a case or something.