PDA

View Full Version : FS: 4agte full engine, turbo system, fuel, etc.

Chromedragon
01-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Alright, I have had many MANY people asking me about buying this setup this past year or so, and it's now finally out of the car ready to go.

So this is an internally stock 4age bluetop engine sporting a beefed-up high-rise turbo manifold. I'm just going to list off everything included. This setup will literally be bolt in, start the car and go.

Engine
- 16v 4age bluetop, not sure how many kms, runs strong though and burns very little oil
- Full engine harness
- XSpower high-rise turbo manifold with reinforced welds
- 38mm external wastegate welded into manifold and dumping into downpipe
- 2.5" mandrel bent downpipe and exhaust, all the way back under axle to Magnaflow muffler
- Remote mount oil filter setup with stainless braided, teflon coated oil feed for turbo
- Bluetop ECU
- Six-puck sprung racing clutch

Fuel and air
- Mallory adjustable fuel pressure regulator with 2" liquid filled pressure gauge
- Walbro 190lph fuel pump already installed in GTS tank
- Modified fuel lines
- Nissan CA18 T25 turbo already on engine, plus a good condition spare turbo
- 82 Supra AFM clips straight into AE86 harness, offers much more airflow
- K&N cone filter
- Intercooler piping and clamps
- Modified Mitsu Starion intercooler
- Forge Motorsports BOV
- Turbosmart manual boost controller

Other stuff
- Aluminum racing Civic half-rad w/ electric fan and thermostatic controller (with this unit I was running 15 minute full out lapping sessions and the temp gauge didn't move a mm)
- Dash gauge cluster surround with Autometer boost gauge already installed.
- Aluminum catch can with breather (I believe it's Megan, but can't recall for sure)
- Brake booster/master cylinder heatshield

I ran this setup for over two years and it proved itself solidly reliable at 7-8psi day in and day out. During these lapping sessions this past year it performed flawlessly and never had a single hiccup. I originally dynod the car back just after it was set up and it put down 155hp and 154lb.ft. at the wheels. Boost comes on at about 2,200 r.p.m. and it pulls strong to 7k. Peak torque is around 4,000, so short-shifting a bit isn't a bad thing.

For the whole shebang I'm asking $1,600.

No I don't want to hear about how your cousin was selling a turbo setup for $400. This isn't just a manifold and turbo, it's absolutely everything you'll need and would cost well over double that price to recreate brand new, not including fabrication.

Any questions, fire away.

When we were first building the system. This filter is long gone.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/ChromeDragon78/Rolla/turbo026.jpg

Boost gauge
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/ChromeDragon78/Rolla/turbo056.jpg

Where I had the filter relocation, bolts to the front frame rail.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/ChromeDragon78/Rolla/turbo099.jpg

Manifold and turbo before it went in. The oil feed line is now a stainless braided unit with teflon coating.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/ChromeDragon78/Rolla/turbo007.jpg

You can see how the engine basically sat before it was pulled in this shot with the aluminum rad
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/ChromeDragon78/Rolla/smdtped08007.jpg

And you get a good idea of how the intercooler is routed here.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/ChromeDragon78/Rolla/IMG_2854.jpg

I have more specific photos of all of the parts, but I still need to transfer them to the computer.

TTC
01-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Great seller and all around good guy. Bump for a good deal.

max attack
01-10-2009, 07:10 PM
You wanna part the rad and fan?.

AhBra
01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
holy crap. Thats the best deal EVAR. Seriously!

1600 for a pre done up turbo. Just drop in. Can't get any better.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nill y: GL WS!

philProject.D.
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I've pondered this setup every time I've seen Matt's car around. It's as functional as it gets, it's a very valid setup to spend your money on. Save the hassles of custom fabbing and sourcing parts for more money. Pop this in, and your Corolla is all you've wanted and then some.

Good deal!

Raven
01-10-2009, 09:22 PM
this is REALLY an amazing deal...but im wondering how long the engine will last with those stock internals...

My only question is...you say you ran this car for two years? How often did you drive it? Daily, or occasional track abuser?

Chromedragon
01-10-2009, 09:52 PM
During the summer it was basically my daily driver. I even drove it in the winter quite a bit. Other than a bit of a rough idle when really cold she was a champ.

Sorry, not wanting to part stuff out at this moment. Would prefer to sell a full package to one person so they have everything they need to start it up, drive and take it out to the track.

Ryouko - This engine has lasted two years of abuse and still runs strong. Even if it does blow, a bluetop is easy to come by for a couple hundred bucks or less.

gareth
01-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I love the square dyno numbers. enough to make a corolla quick but not enough to start destroying tranny's and rear ends.

Raven
01-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Sounds decent "chromedragon", I guess all thats left is pics of everything mentioned...

OOO no wait... Any idea how much it would cost to ship all that stuff to toronto? brampton, mississauga, london, any of those places? I guess this is where the BIG kick in the pants comes in.

Raven
01-11-2009, 12:04 AM
.....If you were willing to ship that is?

liam75
01-11-2009, 12:09 AM
You werent running any sort of stand alone computer? Well then looks like i might have a slim chance of making mine work.
Good luck with the sale, coming from someone who is trying to do this from scratch at the moment this is a bargain. The time and effort alone to get all of the stuff needed and working is worth the price.

Raven
01-11-2009, 12:17 AM
i'd imagine it was re-flashed... GREAT pics though!

Chromedragon
01-11-2009, 12:18 AM
No, stock computer is surprisingly adaptive.

I really don't think shipping is going to be reasonable. It would take as least one pallet for everything and weigh about 600lbs. I'm not sure how much shipping through trucking companies goes, but I'm guessing $500 would be on the conservative side.

coreworld
01-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I had a pallet with motor shipped from Sask-BC for around $300 I think the company was called Same Day Right Away. It was Door to Door too!

Chromedragon
01-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I had a pallet with motor shipped from Sask-BC for around $300 I think the company was called Same Day Right Away. It was Door to Door too!

This is much more than just the engine though. Would likely be at least double the weight of a standard engine, although with creative packing/cutting the exhaust into a few pieces it may be able to all fit on a single pallet.

Local would still be preferred though.

stealth.iT
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
dam!
if i didnt have to pay for tuition this semester i would have bought this in a heart beat.

good luck with sale!

Chromedragon
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Tentatively sold.

green bastard
01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
:thumbsup:let me know if the buyer falls through.:thumbsup:

KingSpence
01-12-2009, 11:40 PM
:thumbsup:let me know if the buyer falls through.:thumbsup:

Ive got a pretty good feeling the buyer wont be backing out.

philProject.D.
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
^ :eek:?

fast316
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Tentatively sold.

Wow already, I just smashed two piggy banks to try and scrape together the coin :cryin:.

Chromedragon
01-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Sold.:thumbsup: