PDA

View Full Version : 7mgte Mkii Drifting

coltorosa
03-09-2009, 03:43 AM
hey this is my first event 7m at 10 psi my first time drifting tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/user/coltorosa

J-Min
03-09-2009, 08:31 AM
hey colt, make sure that watching this video doesnt give us a virus.......or aids.

computer aids.

mike-nametaken
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
need more angle sometimes.

drader
03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Looks like you are focusing too much on the power side of drifting, full throttle all the time, and trying to initiate with only the throttle.
I would highly recommend trying not to power over to initiate, this is a noob mistake.
Clutch kick or e-brake to initiate.
And as for throttle, don't be on it all the time, you need to balance the throttle with the steering input. This is the most important thing.
Also for how much throttle you were using, you were counter-steering way too late, that is why you were spinning so much.
You need to feel the car and control it, not force it and react to it.

:001_005:

coltorosa
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks like you are focusing too much on the power side of drifting, full throttle all the time, and trying to initiate with only the throttle.
I would highly recommend trying not to power over to initiate, this is a noob mistake.
Clutch kick or e-brake to initiate.
And as for throttle, don't be on it all the time, you need to balance the throttle with the steering input. This is the most important thing.
Also for how much throttle you were using, you were counter-steering way too late, that is why you were spinning so much.
You need to feel the car and control it, not force it and react to it.

:001_005:

thanks for the tips but for that event i had a few problems no ebrake and gay looped power steering rack i was fainting on the entry for allot of it and was clutch kicking some times but i understand what you mean i just need to get a few things sorted on my car and my tranny and clutch are almost toast so i was trying to not do too many clutch kicks

Rob.K
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
You having some motor issues? White smoke is never a good sign. I'd do a compression test and check the oil.

coltorosa
03-10-2009, 02:25 AM
its not a head gasket its got some blow by and it doesnt have a catch can and the vacum is plumbed into the intake which is sucking oil into the engine the reason its burning white is its mobil 1 synthetic oil and my turbo is burning some oil 2 there were definetely a few small issues but im going to sort those out thanks for ur concern ur the second rob that thought i had a BHG

Rob.K
03-10-2009, 11:34 AM
its not a head gasket its got some blow by and it doesnt have a catch can and the vacum is plumbed into the intake which is sucking oil into the engine the reason its burning white is its mobil 1 synthetic oil and my turbo is burning some oil 2 there were definetely a few small issues but im going to sort those out thanks for ur concern ur the second rob that thought i had a BHG

Ya that isn't good, get those things sorted before you keep driving the piss out of it. Catch can you can make from a beer can and some hoses and clamps, it's cake.

Us Robs are too observant for our own good....:smilewinkgrin:

g penny
03-11-2009, 11:23 AM
good to see joel's car out hope to see it in action this weekend pretty sure the headgasket was done 2 yrs ago ...seen it in progress

coltorosa
03-11-2009, 11:41 PM
yup head gasket was replaced with a hks cometic HG not sure on thickness i might be at the event but will be in a stock AE86 with welded diff that event was a kind of a shake down to see what the car needed or what i wanted i now know that i want power steering lol will you be bringing your FC ????

and i got a good low km turbo new cam sensor will make a catch can out of a nos energy drink bottle and then i need a fan and a PS resivour and then i need to find a stock clutch fan for now and i will get a rear adjustable sway bar then i will focus on my corolla

SupraFiend
03-19-2009, 09:22 PM
please don't put that car into a wall, that would be a real shame. Joel's a good buddy of mine, I've watched that car come together over several years and seen it take down tons of expensive machinery (including outrunning every jza80 at Autox except one at Suprafest 06, and that one had 80k invested into it and was only a tenth of a second faster lol). The interior in that car is from my mint 86 supra, it should be in really good shape still, take care of it!