PDA

View Full Version : FS: T3 Short Shifter for AE86 w/ T50 trans

FunkyColdMedina
05-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Used for only a week, looks and feels literally brand new. Comes with all mounting hardware. Pre-greased. Enjoy the feeling of the longer throw more.

This is the "version 2" of the T3 short shift.

$180 OBO.

Item is located in Vancouver, local buyers shall get priority.

**EDIT: Sorry for previous confusion. This does not include the T50 transmission itself... I only meant to say the short shifter is intended for the stock T50 transmission, not that I was selling one as well. My apologies!

05-01-2014, 11:00 PM
are you selling the trans with it?

nolanator
05-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Wait so is this the "tall shifter" one? Are these ones still as hard on transmissions as the standard short shifter?

b-rock
05-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Wait so is this the "tall shifter" one? Are these ones still as hard on transmissions as the standard short shifter?

Short shifters are only hard on transmissions because it makes it super easy to change gears too fast and the syncros have a way harder job to do.... so they wear out fast. Just slow the shift and let it snick.

FunkyColdMedina
05-02-2014, 05:12 PM
are you selling the trans with it?

No, sorry. Ad has been updated as I received quite a few PMs regarding the confusion.

It's the "version 2" of the T3 short shifter. This is not the extended one. I personally don't know whether they'd be hard on the transmission, I did my research before buying and didn't see very many negative reviews. I just don't like how short the throws are which is why I am selling it