PDA

View Full Version : 3tc and auto transmission for sale

island toyota
05-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Stock 3tc comes with everything to bolt it in and go. Not the cleanest of motors but ran pretty good. 250$
auto transmission 50$

Showtek
05-17-2014, 07:28 PM
uhm is the block clean? apparently I am supposed to put my 2TC head onto a 3tc

island toyota
05-17-2014, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't eat off it that's for sure. The motor is basically ready to bolt back into a car. I could send you a pic possibly but it is by no means clean.... it runs

Showtek
05-17-2014, 11:43 PM
well like is it burning more oil than it takes in?

island toyota
05-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Can't exactly answer that cause I never drove it more then around my yard a few times. I would say leaks more oil then it burned cause I never had a blue cloud ever chase me and it does have a layer of oil on it. But I don't know it's history and as I've seen before looks are deceiving some ugly engine test better then the nice pretty painted ones.... sorry I can't answer this better

Showtek
05-19-2014, 12:02 AM
no thats a fair answer

Dugwillis
05-19-2014, 01:04 AM
go do a compression test on it showtek?

Rastaracer
05-19-2014, 02:21 AM
uhm is the block clean? apparently I am supposed to put my 2TC head onto a 3tc

2T head + 3T block = good idea

Showtek
05-19-2014, 09:17 AM
go do a compression test on it showtek?

yeah I am not going to drive to nanimo for a test, compression or otherwise.

Showtek
05-19-2014, 09:19 AM
yeah I am not going to drive to nanimo for a test, compression or otherwise.

i mean id really love to go up there but I have work and other icky stuff

Showtek
05-22-2014, 10:26 PM
2T head + 3T block = good idea

okay so I have a complete running 2tc and I am planning on buying a 3tc should the bell housing from the 2tc work? and the head should just bolt on?
also can you explain to me why its a good idea? because ive heard people freakkin ranting both sides of the argument soooo i am unsure, any help would be great

pitobread
05-22-2014, 10:45 PM
The bellhousing is the same. The only part that may get you is the big starter/small starter... but not really much of an issue.

some 2t heads have bigger ports, but only a few really early years, and they are pretty rare.

Almost all 2t heads have nicer castings and machining than their 3t counterparts.

3t have EGR. The ports protrude into the exhaust and are not ideal for flow.

2t have no AIR or AIR ports depending on year. Most of the air ports don't protrude into the exhaust port.

You can still make a 3t head just as good as a 2t one, with a little porting and decking (.040 is a nice amount, I did .080 on my current 3t). You can block off the EGR stuff with an NPT tap and a Russel NPT plug.

The heads are completely interchangeable. Almost all parts are to some extent.

Showtek
05-22-2014, 10:53 PM
hummm well its out of a 74 TE21 soooo I dunno how old that makes it, I know the previous owner crimped these little metal houses that come out under each of the exhaust pots and one little metal house that comes off the carb, thats all i know.
but i ahve dual webers and a set of cams coming in for it

pitobread
05-22-2014, 11:00 PM
So other than probably having a nicer casting and physically looking cleaner due to not having any EGR crap on it over a 3t head there is little to no difference. Get it cleaned, decked and redo the valves and bolt it to a 3tc for a nice clean simple looking swap.

Showtek
05-22-2014, 11:10 PM
okay awesome thanks man, really helped out.

bcae92
05-22-2014, 11:47 PM
hummm well its out of a 74 TE21 soooo I dunno how old that makes it, I know the previous owner crimped these little metal houses that come out under each of the exhaust pots and one little metal house that comes off the carb, thats all i know.
but i ahve dual webers and a set of cams coming in for it

No idea on which 2TC's have more desirable traits but I have a heavily ported 3T head that'll go on my 2TC.

Maybe just a typo on your part but there's only one cam in the 2/3TC's. I picked up some mint condition parts...a beastly bumpstick for mine, some guy had it sitting in his basement with a dcoe intake and twin dcoe 42's and some solid lifters...all for $100.

Showtek
05-22-2014, 11:54 PM
well yeah the engine only needs one but i bought a set of them because **** it i guess? i typically buy a set of parts for things so if i ever need to rebuild which i probably will i have a new part right there

levintate
05-23-2014, 07:32 AM
if you want to get rid of your 2tc head I would be interested as I cant run a modded head in my race car...

I have lots of 3tc heads you could send out for porting/valve work

Showtek
05-23-2014, 12:14 PM
I thought the 2tc head is the one I want? Im buying a 3tc hopefully today or tommarow and if all goes as planned ill be putting it into the 3tc block

pitobread
05-23-2014, 01:09 PM
If you aren't going to do anything to it keep the 2t head. Plus it is aesthetically pleasing without egr crap on the front. You are slightly further "ahead" because of the non egr exhaust port design and better casting quality.

If you are modding it and getting crazy either will work just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

levintate
05-23-2014, 01:36 PM
I thought the 2tc head is the one I want? Im buying a 3tc hopefully today or tommarow and if all goes as planned ill be putting it into the 3tc block

read what pitobread said, if your modding it anyways 3tc head will work the same. I cant run modded heads in my class for my racecar hence wanting your 2tc head ;)

Showtek
05-25-2014, 10:51 AM
besides cam work I im keeping the head the same, though I have 2 T50s and a mr2 bluetop with a full harness and ecu that desperately needs to not be here.

SOMEBODY BUY THESE FREAKING TRANSMISSIONS!

island toyota
05-31-2014, 07:55 PM
New price 200$ includes transmission