PDA

View Full Version : HAWK HP+ brake pads for AE86 - Vancouver

dopefist2
07-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Someone (sketch) recommended that I buy these pads for my Corolla, which I did without doing any research.

These pads are horrendously loud but stop the car good. I used them for one day and then went back to stock pads which suit me.

These pads made me look foolish in front of a cute girl.

Price: Open to offers

Specs: Front and rear pads, used for one day

JOshua a
07-08-2014, 06:19 PM
LOL
Best pads.
Makes the corolla sound like an 18 wheeler though.

Trigger Happy
07-08-2014, 06:55 PM
I remember my first set of HP+'s, super loud (yet super effective) brakes, for whatever reason my second (which is my current) set is really quiet

Blade7
07-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I love mine, I don't use anything but! They shouldn't make you look foolish, people look, then you say "racing brakes" with a nod and a smile, then she will jump in your car and you peel out.

death_blossom
07-08-2014, 11:39 PM
^
I had a similar story. Some lady yelled at me "fix your brakes buddy!!!"
I yelled back "racing brakes!" And gave her a sarcastic thumbs up.

btw, she was driving a run down '98 Ford Taurus.

As a helpful tip, try using Brembo front rotors with HP+ pads. When I did that, 80% of the squealing went away.

FunkyColdMedina
07-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Phew, I thought it was only I who had this issue. All my passengers so far hate them because they sound downright horrible, but I admit they stop real well. Despite that, my next pads purchase won't be HPS's...

Blade7
07-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I have brembo fronts as well now and there isn't too much noise at all. I find if you don't have a back seat, no one ever questions any noises, smells or smoke that come from the car, they just know its not a regular car any more. :p

dopefist2
07-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Haha, thanks for the support everyone :) These pads have now sold.

dopefist2
07-12-2014, 11:07 AM
I'll keep the Brembo rotor solution in mind for the next poor soul I run into with this problem.