PDA

View Full Version : 2TC & 3TC Street Performance Camshaft Group Buy.

Roughandready
07-30-2014, 09:14 AM
My supplier of 22R/E camshafts informed me today that he has some old grinds on file for 2/3TC. He said he'd be willing to do some small runs again, if there was interest. Runs would be 5 cams at a time.

Info:

Cams are ground from new blank castings, not regrinds of worn out stock cams.

406 lift/212 dur and 435 lift/218 dur available for stock/near stock application (calculated with stock 1.4 rocker ratio). More radical grinds are available, but these are recommended for mild street engines.

Cams are made locally here in North Carolina, ground by actual humans.

Cost is $250 + actual shipping for each camshaft. Group buy will be for 5 camshafts.

ETA would be about 4 weeks, as we don't have any blanks currently on the shelf.

Pistons, timing sets, gaskets, etc are also available for 2/3TC. Can ship everything in one big box to keep costs down.

Email at Roughandreadyrebuilds@gmail.com if interested. Currently working on having some better ratio rocker arms made to be included with camshafts, stay tuned.

levintate
07-30-2014, 01:30 PM
how gnarly can we get on a 3tc cam? I need something for the racecar

Roughandready
07-30-2014, 01:41 PM

I'd have to check about specific specs. My guy told me he used to do a lot of full race 3tc stuff way back in the day, specifically dirt track. He said he had more race grinds than street stuff, but I figured we'd be dealing more with mild builds.

thatoreoguy
07-31-2014, 01:16 PM
wheres rasta? Whats

406 lift/212 dur and 435 lift/218

gonna do to a engine realistically ?

We need one of those turbo puertoricans from the east coats to chime in

Roughandready
07-31-2014, 02:46 PM
With some more/better carb, it should give it some pretty good giddyup. The 3tc is a pretty good lump with a limp dick cam, carb, and rocker arms.

bcae92
07-31-2014, 03:53 PM

How big are you wanting? I have an old Shadbolt cam that I called the guy to get specs on but I've forgotten exactly what they were. But he said with my particular cam the engine won't want to run well or make any power below 4000, and wouldn't be suitable for a street engine without supporting engine work. If you want I could get the specs again.

Roughandready
08-01-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm currently applying for a NAFTA customs exemption. Should make any camshafts sold above the wall duty free, since the cams are good ol' USA home grown.

levintate
08-01-2014, 08:25 AM
How big are you wanting? I have an old Shadbolt cam that I called the guy to get specs on but I've forgotten exactly what they were. But he said with my particular cam the engine won't want to run well or make any power below 4000, and wouldn't be suitable for a street engine without supporting engine work. If you want I could get the specs again.

specs would be good, above 4k would work well for me as im all high rpm.

how muchy?

bcae92
08-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Sorry, forgot about this thread...anyway the cam isn't for sale but I will get specs if you like.