PDA

View Full Version : Parting Out: 86 Coupe, Black.. no.. seriously.. for real this time!

celica-fiend
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Dropped the ball last time due to sudden loss of shop space, so I didn't get to tear into the var. Space opened up Saturday, car is now 90% stripped. Links below show most currently available parts.

I have plasma and air cutters.. if you want body parts, let me know and let me know how much around the area you want too. Shipping via Bus is pretty cheap (for you easterners for the rockers?)

Windshield is cracked, all other glass good. All drivetrain is staying with me, as is steering column/wheel for right now.

Local pickups (by you or relative, or whoever) get preference, but am willing to ship to Van via Bus, and would be over there Jan 15/16 in Langley (i think) and around City Hall, if someone wanted to hookup for smallish parts pickups.

Payment via PayPal (Credit cards etc..) or Money Order.

PM me with any requests for parts you don't see, more pictures, details, whatever.. I'll post pricing and condition details when I have a little more time in a day or so. Most stuff is in quite good condition..

http://www.cautiongirls.com/brett/AE86/exterior/exterior.html
http://www.cautiongirls.com/brett/AE86/interior/interior.html

Thanks,

Brett

Jeff Lange
01-04-2005, 12:11 AM
PM Sent...

black86
01-04-2005, 01:26 AM
pm sent also :)

SupraFiend
01-04-2005, 08:56 AM
I have an odd little request, do you happen to have the scews still that hold this on...

http://www.cautiongirls.com/brett/AE86/exterior/TaillightsPanel.JPG

They take these stupid bolts with square thin heads and they always fall out so no one seems to have them. If you havn't lost yours do you think you could slip 2 of them into that little package your sending Tim? I'd very much appreciate it.

5HIf73r
01-04-2005, 09:57 AM
pmed you regarding parts

spooky_08
01-04-2005, 12:25 PM
hi celica fiend
i want the front fenders, the headlight covers and the rear quarterpanels if it is
a hatch back and rocker panels. as for the rear quarter panels i want everything from the
taillights to the front doors (back of the doors).
could you pm me or send an e-mail to brassmonkey_08@hotmail.com.
willing to pay top dollar if they are rust free.

black86
01-04-2005, 01:07 PM
hi 5HIf73r
i want the front fenders, the headlight covers and the rear quarterpanels if it is
a hatch back and rocker panels. as for the rear quarter panels i want everything from the
taillights to the front doors (back of the doors).
could you pm me or send an e-mail to brassmonkey_08@hotmail.com.
willing to pay top dollar if they are rust free.

quarter panels look pretty rusted to me, i called dibs on rockers :)

spooky_08
01-04-2005, 02:26 PM
yah they do and i got all excited oh well
if the headlight covers are rust free and chip free i'll take those

celica-fiend
01-04-2005, 03:09 PM
yah they do and i got all excited oh well
if the headlight covers are rust free and chip free i'll take those

The metal covers have some nicks from stones that have started to surface rust a tiny bit, but nothing I'd consider a problem.. the eyelids are both cracked.. if you'll look at the pictures in the links above, you'll see the condition.

Thanks for the PM's everyone else, I'll get to those this evening when Im home from work.

Thanks,

Brett

spooky_08
01-04-2005, 03:35 PM
would part out the headlight i just need the covers

narfy
01-04-2005, 05:50 PM
interested in the drivers door glass and a few other misc. pieces... hmmm...

peterh
01-04-2005, 06:15 PM
sent pm concerning gas door :cool:

celica-fiend
01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
All PM's responded to..

Suprafiend - I'll have a look, Im not sure which nuts your referring to, but I wasnt lookin that closely at these parts as I yanked em..

Narfy - should I just choose some random other pieces for ya, or did you want to give me some idea? ;) you've got pm.

Spooky_08 - lights are spoken for at the moment, your on the list for second dibs..

Lotsa parts still available folks.. let me know if theres something you don't see.. as the stuff actually leaves the shop I'll post a list of whats gone..

Thanks,

Brett

kenoks
01-05-2005, 09:24 AM
how much for the passenger side taillight?i'm from calgary but my sister will pick it up from coquitlam.

SupraFiend
01-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Its the steel bolts that hold the license plate center piece I linked to on. They slide into that piece, but they tend to fall off when you remove it so most people who have the piece don't have the bolts. The look just like the studs that hold the taillights on, except they aren't permantly attached and have a small square piece of sheet metal on the end instead of a bolt head. I just need 2 :)

celica-fiend
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Its the steel bolts that hold the license plate center piece I linked to on. They slide into that piece, but they tend to fall off when you remove it so most people who have the piece don't have the bolts. The look just like the studs that hold the taillights on, except they aren't permantly attached and have a small square piece of sheet metal on the end instead of a bolt head. I just need 2 :)

checked while gettin pics for guys this eve.. all 4 bolts are there.. 2 will find their way over with Tims care package.. say.. 30$ each? I mean .. it sounds like you really want 'em eh?

Dealer can't get em? if head bolts are only 8$ a piece, these should be cheap..

;)

brett

SupraFiend
01-06-2005, 08:45 AM
funny guy :p I just havn't had the time to order them from the dealer or get out to surrey wreckers, this is easier. Thanks alot man, I appreciate it ;)

InTheNavy
01-06-2005, 11:24 AM
pm sent.....

ae604hatch
01-06-2005, 01:25 PM
do you like emails or pm?
i kinda like emails more
but ill pm you anyways

celica-fiend
01-06-2005, 03:07 PM
do you like emails or pm?
i kinda like emails more
but ill pm you anyways

I prefer emails (easier to organize all the sales etc.. when its all in my inbox) but I'm not going to post a email address to a public forum.. so I start out with PM's..

Brett

AccentAE86
06-23-2005, 06:08 AM
Hey, how do your heater controls work? Mine don't work so well. You almost need to use two hands to move it from cold to hot. And the blower controls (you know, face, feet, windshield etc...) doesn't move all the way to the right so I don't get all the settings. Is yours fully working and moving smoothly??

celica-fiend
06-23-2005, 06:44 AM
heh, I love how people track down 5 month old threads and bring them back from the dead ;)

yes I believe the heater controls worked a-ok.. the hot-cold heater valve however, you'd be better off getting it from Toyota or a Jobber.. it hangs off the firewall in the engine bay.. and any used ones are going to be at least a little gummy.. mine in my daily driver mucked up a few weeks ago.. ive gotta get a new one.. someones got dibs on all heater bits at the moment... and I dont have the steel wires that actually do the moving of the controls..

and, as long as this thread is up here.. still lots of parts available.. interior panels, plastics, rust free rocker panels (from the front wheel well corner to the vertical weld behind door is rust free), drivers fender, passenger seat, rear bumper.. lots still there.. ask if you require anything.

away this weekend, but drop me a PM and Ill get back to you Monday..

Brett