PDA

View Full Version : best prices for o2sensor and fuel filter?

ae604hatch
04-21-2005, 06:13 AM
where would be the best price on Canadian internet sites? or vancouver merchants would i find a o2sensor with the OE wire, and how much is fuel filter for a oem/after market filter?

also which o2sensor are you all using? which one is recommended? or should i just go both with oem?

any help please want some better gass mileage for the summer =)

thanks for any kind of help!

Toda_Power
04-21-2005, 11:55 AM
where would be the best price on Canadian internet sites? or vancouver merchants would i find a o2sensor with the OE wire, and how much is fuel filter for a oem/after market filter?

also which o2sensor are you all using? which one is recommended? or should i just go both with oem?

any help please want some better gass mileage for the summer =)

thanks for any kind of help!
The last time I checked, Lordco has 2 types one is an aftermarket OE replacement, that was like 55-65 bux retail and the NGK O2 sensor which was like 90-95bux(not including taxes) Narfy can prolly answer this one in terms of Toyota pricing.

I just picked up a fuel filter a few days ago from Toyota and list price was like 47-48 bux(or around that area) God those boxes that they come in are old school.

Go OEM. Thats my 2 cents. ;)

And as for better gas milage, A good tune up should help...or try not to push the pedal down as far as you do now. :p

Brian
04-21-2005, 01:47 PM
The OE filter element has more pleats and filters better, holds more dirt. Don't put an aftermarket fuel filter in, you'll just have to do it again sooner. And since they're such a PITA to change anyways, the less you have to worry about doing this again, the better.

As for 02 sensors, Bosch invented them. Just be sure to get the one with the little adapter plate to convert the screw-in style to the bolt-on flange style. Then carefully move your existing terminal connector over. This would be a good place to solder and heat-shrink, because the 02 sensor output is very low voltage and sensitive. Corrosion from a crimp type connection would be bad.

ae604hatch
04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
hey thanks for the help guys...
im thinking about getting the fuel filter at toyota then
and the o2 maybe at lordco

have you guys checked this site out?

www.sparkplugs.com

have pretty cheap ngk plugwires and so on
but shipping is a lil expensive

Migs
04-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I picked up my NTK O2 sensor from PDM, and I'm using a Fram fuel filter. I didn't realize OEM fuel filters were so cheap! I would have got one if I had known.

Brian, why would you have to cut the terminal from a Bosch O2 sensor? If you bought the sensor for an AE86, it would just be plug and play. Were you referring to buying a Bosch unit meant for another car?

Migs