PDA

View Full Version : prelude seats?

dook
05-27-2005, 02:33 AM
What shoud I pay for prelude seats(black)don't know what year but nice ones.in perfect shape.anyone have some nice black buckets w/ removeable headrests in the lower mainland
I have a pair in mind ,just wondering what else is out there.I would love some mr2 in leather.

HPR
05-27-2005, 10:33 AM
I personally like the 3rd generation prelude seats (88-91). But my opinions are somewhat biased since I used to be, or should I say I still am a 3G prelude enthusiast. If you ever find a 3G prelude, here are some things to look for between trim levels and years. Stray away from seats that come from the base model 2.0S, they have no lumbar (sp?) and less adjustability, only the 2.0Si (88-89) or the SR (90-91) had better adjustability. The 2.0Si (88-89) had stitching go straight while the SR (90-91) had stitching going diagonally. Personally I like the 90-91 better, the fabric seems a lot softer and more comfortable to sit in.

There was also an SE version for the 90-91 (possibly the 88-89 as well) that had leather seats, but are hard to come by. Supposedly canadian based preludes came with heated seats, I think it was an option since both of my former preludes did not work.

HPR
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
oops forgot to answer your initial question. I would say go to the junkyard and gets some seats off an Si. Once you have the mounts customed you can find a decent pair of 90-91 seats for around $100 give or take. Or try and find some leather ones like these.

http://gallery.502streetscene.net/data/500/medium/interior1.jpg