04-28-2004, 08:54 PM
http://www.pbase.com/image/28421767.jpg
side view
http://www.pbase.com/image/28421768.jpg
rear corner view
http://www.pbase.com/image/28421769.jpg
front corner view

AE86 skirts...NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Price is $100 plus $80 for shipping. The skirts will come in black only but if you want any other color, please let me know and this will cost a little extra. If you are interested, please do e-mail me. Thanks.

BY THE WAY, THE SKIRTS ARE IN 2PC PER SIDE.

do-boy
04-28-2004, 10:01 PM
wow rhett, you really got on this one! is that USD or CAD? can i make a suggestion, can you please make em thicker than the flares? for skirts, i want em stronger...

and regarding the two piece, where does it split?

another thing, can i see a pik of how it looks in combo with the flares? i actually like em EXACTLY the way they are now (how they end at the same body line)

TOYCOOLROLLA
04-28-2004, 10:31 PM
It is a bit thicker than the flares. It actually splits up in the middle but there is a guide placed under the skirts to see where it bolts up. I will have an install instruction thread made pretty soon so you guys won't get lost doing this.

For the combo, i will try to do it later or sometime in the coming days because i am still doing some levin flares to market also. I will try to take pics of the thinner flares i made combined with the skirts. :)

Soulibrium
04-29-2004, 07:22 AM
nice skirts man ! i wish you made them earlier !! hahaha

keep up the work man !!

hint, hint !! make some trd coupe spoilers !! and maybe some drop vents !! hahaha

do-boy
04-29-2004, 08:24 AM
oh my god yes!! i want coupe wing too. haha sounds like you will be a bsuy man rhett.
i'm really impressed that they split in the middle cuz they look so seamless. but can you tell me if that pricing is USD or CAD? it makes quite a difference in my decision ;)

Migs
04-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey Rhett, I'd like to make a suggestion...would it be possible for you to offer your parts without paint on them? I ask because my wing arrived partially damaged (there was no padding in the box) and the black paint is flaking off all around the corner that got crushed. Since the paint you're using doesn't seem to bond well to the fiberglass, I'll have to remove all of it before putting good paint on the wing, which will probably take a good chunk of time to do.

I know many people probably won't care and aren't as picky about things as I am, but when I do eventually get my wing installed, I'll probably be spending close to $1k to have it professionally mounted and moulded into my rear hatch, then painted to match the car perfectly. It just makes the overall process a lot more simple if there's no paint to worry about before the process begins ;)

Migs

Migs
04-29-2004, 10:38 AM
The skirts look good by the way! It's about time you started making some ;)

Migs

do-boy
04-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey Rhett, I'd like to make a suggestion...would it be possible for you to offer your parts without paint on them? I ask because my wing arrived partially damaged (there was no padding in the box) and the black paint is flaking off all around the corner that got crushed. Since the paint you're using doesn't seem to bond well to the fiberglass, I'll have to remove all of it before putting good paint on the wing, which will probably take a good chunk of time to do.

I know many people probably won't care and aren't as picky about things as I am, but when I do eventually get my wing installed, I'll probably be spending close to $1k to have it professionally mounted and moulded into my rear hatch, then painted to match the car perfectly. It just makes the overall process a lot more simple if there's no paint to worry about before the process begins ;)

Migs

AGREED! when molding your flares i sanded all that black **** off. maybe its the flight or sumthing, anyways, people can just rattle-can it themselves and maybe save $10???

TOYCOOLROLLA
04-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Migs,
Yeah, Devin told me about it and i had to repackage everything i send out and this means adding styro inside big boxes since sometimes PO people are just not too careful with the items the get.

Yes, it is okay to send out items that are not painted and this will be upon request.

DJ Ambiguous
04-29-2004, 09:46 PM
yeah,, the black paint started chipping off mine too when i got it lol.. but luckily i work part time at a bodyshop soo the orbital sander is at my disposal :D.. anyhow $180 shipped is out of my price range for now.. i'll just use the ones i got now and decide to sell it later or something.. cool!

ae604hatch
04-29-2004, 10:44 PM
oh my god yes!! i want coupe wing too. haha sounds like you will be a bsuy man rhett.
i'm really impressed that they split in the middle cuz they look so seamless. but can you tell me if that pricing is USD or CAD? it makes quite a difference in my decision ;)

pretty sure rhett works with usd last group buy with the solex locks was usd and thats the main currency for selling stuff on the internet

soo the OEM side skirts look like these right?? this is the copy of the oem?? or is it modified a lil? i dunno how the oem looks like :confused: it looks great though

is this a group buy price/limited time offer or you gonna sell at this price through out ur business?

TOYCOOLROLLA
04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
pretty sure rhett works with usd last group buy with the solex locks was usd and thats the main currency for selling stuff on the internet

soo the OEM side skirts look like these right?? this is the copy of the oem?? or is it modified a lil? i dunno how the oem looks like :confused: it looks great though

is this a group buy price/limited time offer or you gonna sell at this price through out ur business?

Well, it was not really copied to the OEM but i just made these looking at Keiichi's car on Option Vid. Vol.41. The price i am giving is the best i can go and is not yet GB price but if ordered through GB then price with shipping will differ a little. :)

speed_ricer
05-03-2004, 12:38 AM
anybody in saskatoon want to go in on this