PDA

View Full Version : FS: T3 Short shifter

nusneak
06-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Gently used techno toy tuning short shifter. Had this in my car for about 2 months or so, great unit, tight fit and direct feel with the delrin shifter bushing.

$180CAD OBO (paid over 220 with shipping)

I got pics of the unit in and out of my car.

The VidKid
06-04-2005, 04:33 AM
Why are you selling it? I thought you loved it?

I'm happy with my t3 short shifter, nothing I can complain about!
Couldent see a reason to sell, stock shifter wasent bad, but this is a lot better.

???? :confused:

nusneak
06-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I do, but money is nice too :)
Probably the very direct feeling I'm not really for.. IMO the t3 feels very direct and limited only to the gears the car has(1,2,3,4,5,R) but with the stock shifter it kind of feels like it's floating around in pudding. If I had 2 cars one for daily driving and one for other stuff I'd definatly keep the t3, but for daily driving aswell as occasional autox(not even sure how much I'm genna go) I like the stock one.

bump

86Guy
06-05-2005, 12:11 AM
ygm!

narfy
06-05-2005, 01:46 AM
the shortshifters can be a bit annoying at times, with the rattles and such, but i would NEVER give mine up...

nusneak
06-05-2005, 01:52 AM
the shortshifters can be a bit annoying at times, with the rattles and such, but i would NEVER give mine up...
The rattle was annoying yes, it's not there all the time, only at certain rpm's on my car. I also use my car for more daily driving then anything else so :/

On another note what is the rattle from the extended throw, or the delrin shifter bushing? If its the bushing I'd say the rattle is worth the extended life of the bushing.

edit: possible sale, aswell as bump :P

narfy
06-05-2005, 01:58 AM
The rattle was annoying yes, it's not there all the time, only at certain rpm's on my car. I also use my car for more daily driving then anything else so :/

On another note what is the rattle from the extended throw, or the delrin shifter bushing? If its the bushing I'd say the rattle is worth the extended life of the bushing.
it's the top plate and the slider plate above teh ball that's rattling... i greased the piss out of mine with polyurethane bushing grease, and it shut it up a lot...

DJ Ambiguous
06-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I could have gotten a short shifter many times during the ownership of my 'rolla.. but i have driven a ae86 with one and it doesn't appeal to me either.. the stock throw is quite comfortable especially for casual driving...

nusneak
06-06-2005, 12:02 AM
SOLD

(err conditionally sold with 1 backup pending incase first person falls through)
thanks