PDA

View Full Version : needed badly: MKII Supra driveshaft/diff/bearings

majicmeow
05-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey guys,

The new 4.11 gears I put into my Supra 2 weeks ago are on their way out. Im looking for a LSD diff (any ratio) from a MKII Supra, or gears that will fit. (need both ring and pinion).

Im also on the look out for a driveshaft for a 5spd Supra or just the center bearing. Which ever =)

Lastly, a new set of bearings is in order!

Anything you have would be appreciated =)

Thanks!!!

Aaron

Boost
05-06-2004, 12:19 AM
I have a 3.73 lsd 85' supra diff for sale. It's in great condition, normal clearances. Won't need a rebuild for a long time. $160 shipped to your door.

I might be able to get you a driveshaft too. What year were you looking for?

SupraFiend
05-06-2004, 12:40 PM
no you don't, they never sold 3.72 diffs in 85 supras. Only the 82 5spds got them.

Boost
05-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Oh, I guess I was told wrong. I must have the 82' lsd diff in the garage then!

majicmeow
05-06-2004, 09:10 PM
well, ok then...

so what exactly is it? As long as it DOENST CLUNK, then I may be game for it!

Let me know

Aaron

Boost
05-06-2004, 09:59 PM
It doesn't clunk. I bought it for my corolla because I was going to put in the 1980 supra rear end. I was going to use the "3.73 gears" because I had a turbo on my car and I wanted longer gears.

SupraFiend
05-07-2004, 01:38 PM
if you bought it for a corolla then you don't even have the right generation of diff. Its the 79 to 81 celics supras that came with solid rear axels, those are the rears people adapt to corollas. The 82 to 85 supras have independent rear suspensions and use a totaly different style of diff, I belive Aaron is looking for a complete pumpkin.

Hey Aaron, you might want to try posting stuff like this on a supra forum, seeing as you and I are the only somewhat regular supra members here ;)

Might want to try the local wreckers too, Josh always said they had plenty of supras most of the time. I may have a spare driveshaft soon but I don't have any spare non clunking diffs. I sold the 4.3 diff off that 88,000km car for 150 just a little while ago, that was posted on the cs forum. Thats normally where I post my supra stuff for sale. As for the bearings, I belive those parts store places sell those :D

Boost
05-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah I only have the lsd differential.

76RA24
05-07-2004, 11:16 PM
if you bought it for a corolla then you don't even have the right generation of diff. Its the 79 to 81 celics supras that came with solid rear axels, those are the rears people adapt to corollas. The 82 to 85 supras have independent rear suspensions and use a totaly different style of diff, I belive Aaron is looking for a complete pumpkin.

Hey Aaron, you might want to try posting stuff like this on a supra forum, seeing as you and I are the only somewhat regular supra members here ;)

Might want to try the local wreckers too, Josh always said they had plenty of supras most of the time. I may have a spare driveshaft soon but I don't have any spare non clunking diffs. I sold the 4.3 diff off that 88,000km car for 150 just a little while ago, that was posted on the cs forum. Thats normally where I post my supra stuff for sale. As for the bearings, I belive those parts store places sell those :D

sorry to interunpt the thread...

from what i have under stood the independent LSD fits the solid axle rear by using the soild rear axle bearings.....

Can you confirm this?

if what i understood is true...do you have a supra solid axle for sale? anyone?

SupraFiend
05-08-2004, 12:49 PM
the irs supras, 82-86 use completely different style diffs then the solid rear axel 79-81 supras, they are not interchanable in any way as for as I know.

Sounds like Boost has the 79-81 style

twotone_ae86
05-08-2004, 02:27 PM
sorry to go offtopic again, but what is this clunking diff all about?
when does it clunk? mine clunks whenim going down a steep hill in 2nd or 3rd then when i push the clutch in it clunks... normal? same thing your talking about?

SupraFiend
05-09-2004, 08:50 AM
basicly. It common, but not supposed to happen. Its a sign of a worn diff. The mk2 supra diffs are especially bad for it. They pretty much all clunk after 150k ish kms if the car has been driven hard at all. At least they don't actually fail for a long time after that, they just clunk when you engage the clutch at low gears. Aaron's 300k ish 3.72 diff still works and has clunked for years and years.

Will
05-14-2004, 12:29 AM
the F code Toyota difffs are F code diffs, are f code diffs,.

the gears interchange, the LSD's interchange, both aftermarket and factory,
only the IRS uses different locking of the carrier bearings.
the F code vans, trucks, MKI, MKII all use the same "diff" part.

If you need one let me know. the MKII lsd that is.. i see them all the time.

SupraFiend
05-14-2004, 12:02 PM
damn, you beat me to it, I just found out otherwise myself. I was under the impression the earlier supras had smaller ring gears but they are actually 7.5 F series, so yeah, the guts should be interchangeable. Sorry for the mix up :( And they were mk1 supras with 3.72s, diff code F303.

But I think Aaron is still looking for a complete pumpkin??

76RA24
05-14-2004, 01:38 PM
i just purchased a 1981 f code(303) diff locally soon it will be in my celica.

i think the price was high but it is LSD and they are pulling it for me 290(cdn)

what fluid has/should be used in these diffs?

pete

majicmeow
05-14-2004, 04:54 PM
yup, still looking for a complete pumpkin =)

Thanks

SupraFiend
05-15-2004, 09:32 PM
70/90w gear oil, preferably synthetic, with LSD additive

majicmeow
05-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Ive put the Ford 70W90 with Ford additive in my new(er) 4.11 diff and found that it really doesnt help that much over the leading brand of dino oil. Dont know what all the fuss is about that stuff =) Maybe certain cars just like it better than mine does.

Im going to try either Redline or Castrol Synthetic gear oil when I do my next oil change and see if it makes any difference... I just hope the pinion seal doesnt leak more with the synthetic...