Thread: Pictures of me and my dirty car, circa 2005

Pictures of me and my dirty car, circa 2005

Well, since I'm about done working on my SR5->GTS swap, I think she is ready to be seen by the public (but hasn't been washed in 6 months due to a garaged state), I present to you, my good friends here on Dori-Kaze, my shy, somewhat unsightly, but dear to me like nothing else AE86.

My lady's digital camera is of an extremely high megapixel count, and is somewhat unforgiving, so bear with me, I haven't kept the car maintained well as far as appearance goes while working on it. Don't mind the hood, it's just a spare

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/JoeSB/a*****andhiscar.jpg[/img]

be gentle on me folks, i'm still relatively new, but I know my way around I know what a wonderful car I have, and I couldn't have asked for a better firsthand mechanical, GREAT experience than I could have gotten here with the AE86. I'm glad to be here.

Car specs:

1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Kouki hatchback
    4AC->4A-GE swap (1st gen 4AG bluetop from AW11)
    GT-S zenki rear end (OEM 1way LSD installed)
    Espelir progressive springs (I was broke at the time, and since I'm a newcomer, I need a beginner's suspension.. hoping to save up for some kei office coilovers after a few paychecks! )
    Tokico Blues all the way around

I've done a full GT-S conversion on the car, as I had a GT-S parts car. (I still need a working T50 though.. Anyone? )

done rambling.. roast me if you will!
    Last edited by JohAE86; 09-29-2005 at 03:06 AM.

Hey looks alright from here.

How did you get your TRUENO logo to fit onto the kouki grille? Does it sit flush? I had to cut mine to fit flush on my zenki grille. The screw hole lines up and everything too, but I also threw in a couple of zipties to reinforce it. It was a tight fit anyway, so I didn't need to put a screw or zip ties on, but you know thieves nowadays.

And you used the same cup holder as me! And in the same spot too! But I see that yours is slanted towards the windshield. Do you have a hard time keeping drinks in there? lol. Here's what I did: At the bottom of the cup holder is this bar that you would use to extend so it'd fit better in other cars. You can actually slide it all the way OFF. Once you do that, the cup holder sits perfectly straight.

HTH!
    - TVK -

"There's A Vid In All Of Us!"
    "Do You Know How I Fix Rusty Cars? I Buy A New One." - Ben (Soulibrium)

Nice work! There are a couple of us here with sr5-gts conversions. SR5 bodies tend to be less beaten up...
    post more pics when you get it on the road and cleaned up!
    Lloyd

Very true.. a lot of SR5s I see are driven by older folk who usually take care of them better. Looks really good!

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by The VidKid
    Hey looks alright from here.

And you used the same cup holder as me! And in the same spot too! But I see that yours is slanted towards the windshield. Do you have a hard time keeping drinks in there? lol. Here's what I did: At the bottom of the cup holder is this bar that you would use to extend so it'd fit better in other cars. You can actually slide it all the way OFF. Once you do that, the cup holder sits perfectly straight.

HTH!
    Does the SR-5 not come with the cup holder like the GT-S?

Sorry to ask, but I am new too. Looks like a good swap over.

-Trent
    | www.CellBlockD.org - Vancouver Area Drift Events | www.driftsafari.com |

Quote Originally Posted by bmx269
    Does the SR-5 not come with the cup holder like the GT-S?

Sorry to ask, but I am new too. Looks like a good swap over.

-Trent
    I don't see many AE86's anymore with the cupholder, they're not exactly the most sturdy thing around, lol.

Also, I can't find a part number for it anywhere, it doesn't come with the console lid either.

I'm going to be ordering a new console from Toyota to see if it comes with a new cupholder, lol, then I'll have one to sell I guess.

2011 GSE20 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    2005 NCP13 Toyota Yaris RS 5MT Hatchback
    1993 TCR10 Team Mondor Toyota Previa GT-S RM 5MT Studded Ice Race Van
    1986 AE86 Toyota Corolla GT-S 5MT Supercharged

Awesome, dude. I love this site 'cause it's full of DIY'ers.

Nearly everyone is a DIY'er on D.K i think it's part of owing a old school toyota

Mike
    in progress

Quote Originally Posted by trueno4life
    Nearly everyone is a DIY'er on D.K i think it's part of owing a old school toyota
    yeah unless you got about 20 grand lying around to pay someone to do it. plus gives you something to do when the missus is away!
    1989 Subaru Legacy VZ - Daily Driver
    1987 Toyota MR2 na - Street/Race Project

"careful. We don't want to have to learn from this."

My Trueno emblem was pretty easy to get to fit flush, if you're comfortable with not being able to screw it down (I, however, have found other secret ways to keep it in place). The emblem is, in honesty, shaped like a box that's missing a side, so you simply cut off the left and right sides that bump against the grill and get in the way, and then the cute little thing slides on. It's hard for me to explain, but I did it with ease (actually, I think I just bent the little "flaps" on the sides I'm referring to, off!), and you can too.

As for the cupholder, I've had plenty of drinks in it, and maybe 1 or 2 have spilled. I never really minded how it sat, it always looked fine to me, but I suppose I'll try your alterations..

I used to not be a DIY'er, but then I realized that it was the only way to get things done, so off I went..