Thread: newbXcore (56k go away)

newbXcore (56k go away)

hey. big newb here. just thought i'd share some pics of my beat to **** '87 SR5.

stock '87 AE86 SR5. 4AC slushbox with a rusted out fender and ****ty paint. looking to save some money and throw in a 20v.... sleeper all the way, baby. :cool:

the day i got it. i had already "modded" it. took the centercaps off and fixed the foglights.

interior's mint except for a tiny tear in the seat, mangled faceplate on the heat and fan control and some impossible to clean stains on the driver-side carpet.

painted the headlights and grille a couple days after i got it. for that JDM tyte look. also sanded and painted the rims black. took FOREVER. 2hrs+ sanding for each wheel.

i've since painted the foglights orange and the housing black. no pictures of that yet, too lazy to get out the digicam. you can imagine what it'd look like though.
    '94 R33 gts25t Type M Sedan.

I would highly consider doing other things than a 20v to that car.....But looks good for a project

Full out ballin drift only.

Nice, you live in Trenton... so much closer to Shannonville Raceway!

Good luck on the SR5... there's a lot of work there, but essentially, they're AE86's to the core... always worth any attention a proud owner should put into their AE86.

If you need help with the car, including bodywork and engine swaps, me and I'm sure everyone else, would be glad to help.
    JOVER
    F20C Powered 1985 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe | 4AGE 1986 AW11 MR2 Fully Loaded! Black on black on black

Quote Originally Posted by Team <DA>
    I would highly consider doing other things than a 20v to that car.....But looks good for a project
    the way i look at it: if i were to just upgrade to a red or bluetop 4age i'd still have to get a new gastank, fuel lines, rear-end, guages, etc. so why not, for a little extra money and elbow grease, go for a 20v?

body work isn't important. none of the rust is structural, it's all cosmetic. and everything that needs to be in good shape for a decent project car is in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftStar.com
    Nice, you live in Trenton... so much closer to Shannonville Raceway!

Good luck on the SR5... there's a lot of work there, but essentially, they're AE86's to the core... always worth any attention a proud owner should put into their AE86.

If you need help with the car, including bodywork and engine swaps, me and I'm sure everyone else, would be glad to help.
    yeah, we get out to shannonville atleast twice a month during the summer. it's great fun. only 30 minutes from my house to the gates of the track.

and thanks alot for the offer as well. i'm sure i'll end up asking a **** ton of questions eventually. :P

good luck with the project
    1992 lexus ls400
    1987 toyota corolla gt-s
    yesguy!

Quote Originally Posted by VickersGTS View Post
    Dont even think about swapping if you cant diagnose a bluetop and make it run half-decent. Stock 4A's are like lego.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    If you were a real enthusiast you wouldn't care if you got a coupe or hatch if the chassis was clean. Coupes are better in every way except space.

eeeeww auto haha just bugging it looks like a good project though.

MigsSpec is spreading!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note

newer pictures from the other day at work with my friend's AE92. we've got our own little corolla posse. that's just how we roll. :cool:

atleast in these pictures you catch a glimpse of the "good" side of the car.