Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Megasquirt: Is it for you? v. reference

Shooting fireballs? Sign me up. ^_^ Very informative read, I'd say...
    Missing my old 1990 ae92 SR5

Quote Originally Posted by neil85ae86
    My AFRs are pretty good, 12:1 on boost, and 15.8:1 on low map cruise, under 62kpa from 2200-4200 rpm, 12-12.5:1 on idle. Makes for ~40 MPG on the highway Once I get the new map closer I'll reduce my authority down to 5%, every 64 events. After it's dialed in I usually shift my entire VE table up by 1, that way it's sort of like a failover, and the correction is always pulling it a little leaner. The other reason I do this, if the wideband sensor ever experiences a hick-up, which does happen quite frequently, it gives a full rich signal to the MS, 10:1 AFR instead of giving a lean reading.... so correction tries to lean out the motor, I'm pretty disappointed that Innovate didn't think of that scenario when they designed their system!

Yah, the 02 sensor cutting out is a good way to damage a boosted engine for sure. Good idea to get around it

I got a pm about passing aircare with MS, I will share my experience.

"OK first things first. I did aircare twice in the cars lifetime. The first time i did it I had to buy day insurance to aircare it ( i knew it would fail) and THEN buy 3 months of insurance. It's stupid. The first time it was terrible. HC was pegged, whatever.

Months pass, I tune it for performance (basic tune cause im busy). I knew aircare is coming so I tune everything to run at 14.7 AFR (perfectly stoich) and try it. Everything was ok except for idle HC (which was still pegged). The insurance has since expired and I have other, more important things to do now. If i were to have leaned out the idle bins (30kpa and 1000rpm) it would have passed for sure.

In short, yes, it can pass aircare if you tune it right. Mine would have passed if i would have put more time into it."

- blitzed
    Kanji > Trevor

I passed Ontario driveclean

I had my full bluetop emssions equipment in tact.

365cc injectors with ~13.0:1 AFR and 10 degree fixed timing cause that's about the leanest I can get it to idle smooth and steady, and it passed with flying colours, had a bit of trouble with the idle floating above the 1200 rpm limit, but it stayed down long enough to pass the analysis.

........so I'm good to go since my car is 20 years old, no more smog, at least until they bring in the mandatory annual test for all cars built since 1980

Neil
    Uber D.I.Y. Zenki Turbo
    Squirted since '03

"When I'm old enough to get my drivers license, I'm going to drive the car allllll over DisneyLand, and their ain't no-one whose gonna stop me!" - my 5yr old son 09/16/2005

Quote Originally Posted by neil85ae86
    ........so I'm good to go since my car is 20 years old, no more smog, at least until they bring in the mandatory annual test for all cars built since 1980

Neil
    That's awesome here try 25 years for exemption here - that is if it qualifies as a classic car first.

Quote Originally Posted by 1985trueno
    That's awesome here try 25 years for exemption here - that is if it qualifies as a classic car first.
    I'm guessing to qualify as a "collector car" it has to be stock right?

ibnodorikake86'sare"collectorcars"
    Kanji > Trevor

New Toyota MegaSquirt Board
    http://www.tscperformance.com/megasquirt/
    3rd Gen 84 Blue GTS
    -Old School Toyota-

hey blitzed_24/7,

For your map set up on your 20v, where did you get your vacuum source? Just from one ITB? or did you link all 4 ITB's to get a average read out. And another Question, where did you put your air intake temperature sensor?

thanks
    Last edited by mako; 02-12-2006 at 11:03 PM.