Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate anything about your car?

Hate anything about your car?

Do you have anything about your car that you wish you could change? Stuff you put up with constantly that always bugs you?
    For me, it's still not running properly from my swap, but that should be solved soon enough. My tires rub on bumps, small rust spots are starting to catch up with me. They're small enough that people don't notice, but I always see them.
    I never realized how much racing seats are a pain in the ass when it comes to backing up.
    Lots of little things that add up. I'm constantly worried about something new. Am I crazy? or are others like this too?
    Trevor.
    www.extremecompacts.ca
    www.jacsport.com
    www.fjoracing.com
    www.zerogripracing.com
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

I think your crazy. I have way more wrong with my car than yours..believe me. When i first got my car i was all worried. But now i've grown to not care about the rattles, clunks, vibrations, dings, dents, rust, rubbing, scraping and every other adjective that describes bad news for cars. Personally all i care about is that it goes in a strait line when i let go of the steering wheel, it goes when i press the gas and corners the way i like.

Full out ballin drift only.

Any and all rust. :crybaby:
    - Jerry

85 Cressida | 5M-GE | RIP 11/2003
    95 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi | 3800 SC | SOLD 01/2011
    04 Pontiac Bonneville GXP | 4.6L Northstar V8
    temptingf8.com | Flickr

Yeah... various things, but I'm fixing them all!

2011 GSE20 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    2005 NCP13 Toyota Yaris RS 5MT Hatchback
    1993 TCR10 Team Mondor Toyota Previa GT-S RM 5MT Studded Ice Race Van
    1986 AE86 Toyota Corolla GT-S 5MT Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by repinS
    Any and all rust. :crybaby:
    +1 I hate rust, keeps me up at night thinking about it.:crybaby:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
    Yeah... various things, but I'm fixing them all!
    I'm working on it too.. but lately, it's 3 steps back for every one forward.
    Trevor.
    www.extremecompacts.ca
    www.jacsport.com
    www.fjoracing.com
    www.zerogripracing.com
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

I was goin to start a pet peev thread not that long ago. Looks like someone beat me to it

But my biggest pet peev when it comes to my corolla other than all that rust, rattles, knocking, ticking shight, is the fact that I cant see my gauges with an after market wheel. Its fine when driving hard because your not looking at them, but it drives me crazy in town. And secondly, I have had three corollas now, and NONE of them have had a stereo.
    Dont Sweat the Petty, Just Pet the Sweaty...

I can't see my fuel light on the dash with my stock steering wheel. It doesn't bother me in my black car cause I fill up when I hit 1/4 tank, but in my silver car it bugs me. I ran out of gas once.

I HATE that it's sitting in the garage and I want to be driving it.

No AIRCONDITIONING. I swear to god my next car will have a/c, and, unlike the last three, when it breaks I will FIX it.

- J
    FWD. Automatic. French. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by tronAE86
    I was goin to start a pet peev thread not that long ago. Looks like someone beat me to it

But my biggest pet peev when it comes to my corolla other than all that rust, rattles, knocking, ticking shight, is the fact that I cant see my gauges with an after market wheel. Its fine when driving hard because your not looking at them, but it drives me crazy in town. And secondly, I have had three corollas now, and NONE of them have had a stereo.
    oh man i know exactly how you feel. although this is my first corolla. i got no tune, the rattle kills, and i cannot agree more with the steering wheel and the gauges. i have to move the steering wheel up to clear my legs, but then the top part of the steering wheel blocks off from 3000 to 4000 rpm, which is where i am most of the time.

and oh to add to the list. now the number 1 thing that drive me nuts is not being able to get the damn bolt off the floor (for the seat) because it's siezed, it's not tightening up, nor is it coming out. grrr :cursing:

Backonthewagonsan is offline Artist formerly known as truenosan/selloutsan
    rust is my biggest problem. other then that, its just little problems here and there

i cant stand using the stock wheel anymore, after switching wheels, its impossible to go back to stock.
    Old car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S

Current Cars: 2013 Scion FR-S, 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S (project car)

heh .. rust.. and, until last week.. this one freakin squeak that was comin from my seat.. any time you went over a piece of gravel on the road, moved, bounced, twitched .. anything.. it wasnt bad for a few mins, but then you'd hear it... and you couldn't stop yourself from listening to it.. squeak.... squeak... squeaksqueak..squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueak squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksq ueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksque aksqueak

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggg hhh!

its disappeared all by itself now tho..

I hate rust.

and squeaks.

and being pulled away from off stop lights by Echo's.. 'cause theres no way Im gonna make it -sound- like Im workin to keep up with an echo.. or cavaliers.. or minivans.. or 60cc scooters..

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

Quote Originally Posted by Team
    Personally all i care about is that it goes in a strait line when i let go of the steering wheel, it goes when i press the gas and corners the way i like.
    my car doesnt even go in a straight line :eek2:
    the thing i worry about most is that it hits a bump to hard and rubs the wheel to much otherwise my 86 is a rusty junker fo now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Sometimes I let my catnip hang out of my fly. They always go for it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

White AE86 -1987 - My Daily
    Phase I
    Exterior - Mostly Complete 90%?
    Interior - Cleaned up and together.
    Engine - Drives well, needs power though..

hmm things i dislike

rust doesnt even bug me that much

its squeeky breaks, the previous owner let the car sit for like 4 months so they are kinda rusty

tried spraying them but did no good well i shouldnt say that cleared up the wavey peddle alot

but yeah it is a consitant sqweeeeek sqweeeek sqweeeeek

everywhere i go

its embarassing enough having a fairly rusty car now it makes it worse by sounding like one lol

also stereo (i still have what appears to be the oem deck in it lol, TAPES ROCK)

*edit

and the random crap i find on my car also

the spark plug wires and such, yeah not for an ae86 (fixing tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    No AIRCONDITIONING. I swear to god my next car will have a/c, and, unlike the last three, when it breaks I will FIX it.

- J
    A/C can be added.

I forgot to add that I have hatch ghost. My interior light used to be bad for coming on during hard cornering. The Ueo style rear brace is supposed to help, but due to rubbing, I can't test that out yet.
    Man, I keep thinking of things... depressing.
    Stupid car.
    Trevor.
    EDIT: I'm sorry I called you stupid baby.. you know I didn't mean it. I over reacted and got carried away. Don't be mad. Please?
    www.extremecompacts.ca
    www.jacsport.com
    www.fjoracing.com
    www.zerogripracing.com

stuvy is offline Soarer going under the knife!!
    I hate the fact that my car will be sitting on a boat in the pacific ocean come weds. lol.
    Soarer $7000. obo.

Some chemical was dripped/splashed/poured/fell on my roof the other day. Now I have a bubbled, gooey spot on the paint.

Sorry I can't come up with anything worse, but I have no rust or squeaks; and I have music and air conditioning.

My Corolla had a thing for oil leaks. It was like they were breeding when I parked at night. I'd fix one, and another one would appear somewhere else a few days later. I gave up and let it leak. It seems like that's what the car wanted. Then I sold it.

I hate the fact that my car was one of the first skylines in the country, and now there has been a ****storm of other skylines, and people think im just one of the bandwagon guys. I had my car bought and paid for before most people knew what a skyline was, and now everyone basically treats all skyline owners the same (bandwagon jumping fanboys). I want to get an s14 already.....:crybaby:
    Huck it!

The only thing I hate about my car is its owner. He's too damned lazy and poor to do anything about fixing the little annoyances and imperfections. But I still am able to withstand his antics......:crazy:
    Team おなに

Motor Village Crew unite!