Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I present to you my new project: the racecoupe or superfunhappytime car.

Quote Originally Posted by the jerk
    man, it looks great!
    i was just wondering, the bar on the cage that runs across the front looks entirely too low to me...
    doesn't it look like it may get in the way of your legs in a rollover?

anyway, lets hope that nothing like that shall ever happen to you or this car.
    The knee bar is there to keep a low impact from smushing the cage into your legs... it's that low so it clears the dash.

Heres hoping it stays shiny side up too.. although... both sides are shiny.. so mabey it will hover?!?!
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

?????????????????????????????????????????????

oldschool > everything else

Quote Originally Posted by the jerk

?????????????????????????????????????????????

LOGIC:

For that to make sense, the Butter side of the toast would have to be attached the cat's feet. Since Neigther the Cat's back, or the un-buttered side of the toast can touch the ground, the current setup is increased Gravity!

*Now accepting his doctorate in Internet sciences, DiscoQuinn, the Ruler, god and all around good guy of the universe.* (Applause)
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoQuinn
    LOGIC:

For that to make sense, the Butter side of the toast would have to be attached the cat's feet. Since Neigther the Cat's back, or the un-buttered side of the toast can touch the ground, the current setup is increased Gravity!

*Now accepting his doctorate in Internet sciences, DiscoQuinn, the Ruler, god and all around good guy of the universe.* (Applause)
    I think you confused yourself
    the buttered side and the cats feet both want to land, thus creating a never ending fight to land in the correct position

lmfao

wow.. that was funny

on another note, car is looking amazing, im so envious.

merry xmas all!
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC
    Remove the pistons and replace them with pototoes, then turn up the boost.
    '90 ae92 gt-s. parted out
    '90 ae92 levin gt-z Sold
    '88 rhd turbo supra.... iwannageta1j

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewE
    I think you confused yourself
    the buttered side and the cats feet both want to land, thus creating a never ending fight to land in the correct position

But the Back of the Cat and the Un-buttered side of the toast Can never land on the ground, thus the resistance to gravity would be much stronger mounting the buttered side of the toast to the feet of the cat.
    SpeedHero

umm this is supposed to be about the corolla that is being worked on... stop talking about a dumb cat on this thread and go talk about it somewhere else that people won't get annoyed by your immature acts... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onib
    umm this is supposed to be about the corolla that is being worked on... stop talking about a dumb cat on this thread and go talk about it somewhere else that people won't get annoyed by your immature acts... thanks
    actually.. this is a post in which established members of a community veered slightly OT for a couple posts and had some fun.. and that just happened to occur in Pitobreads project thread..

So while Im sure all involved appreciate your attempt to keep things on topic.. chill out.. most here have enough experience with each others personalities to have a bit of fun .. perhaps when you've more than 6 posts you'll understand this better.

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

Quote Originally Posted by celica-fiend
    actually.. this is a post in which established members of a community veered slightly OT for a couple posts and had some fun.. and that just happened to occur in Pitobreads project thread..

So while Im sure all involved appreciate your attempt to keep things on topic.. chill out.. most here have enough experience with each others personalities to have a bit of fun .. perhaps when you've more than 6 posts you'll understand this better.

Brett

Ziiiing! LoL

Pito,
    I love following this thread! keep us updated with lotsa pictures. Great work & I look forward to seeing you driving it at the track!

Quote Originally Posted by onib

Hugs, I still love you.

Also, Pito needs to ride more flatland and less street.
    SpeedHero

wait but I think it'll end up that the cat lands on its feet, with the toast on his back.

reason? Well the toast only always LAND butter side up it doesn't matter when it's on something's back!

AH-HA!

.......until the cat decides to lie down that is, I guess the cat will end up on its side.... which happens everytime a cat want to lie down anyway.

Shiny rolla! yup I stayed on topic.

1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3

Doors mafacka!!!

Got a hood(temporary, it's pretty rotten) too, and lights... I was drilling and tapping bolts for like an hour on the rad support

Freshly painted crossmember BMC and other parts.

This is tom pretending to be a fender, since brian cut mine nearly in half playing with his new tool.

It's beginning to look like a car.. I have some work to do though to get the headlights lined up

ohnoes your TRD fender got almost cut in halves? you serious??

The flares are ok.. But Brian got a new pair of shears and decided to test them on a "junk" fender in the front of the garage.. which as it happend turned out to be my good fender.

If he had cut my flares I would have flipped his car and lit it on fire in the lot, but instead I just rubbed my nuts randomly on some of his tools.

I ran around for 5 min too, to make sure they were good and sweaty.

if you want i can toss ya a "junk" fender towards payment on that rearend

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread
    If he had cut my flares I would have flipped his car and lit it on fire in the lot, but instead I just rubbed my nuts randomly on some of his tools.

I ran around for 5 min too, to make sure they were good and sweaty.
    This is the best thread on dk, and this is the best post in this thread haha

kittykatkittykatkittykatkittykating classic.

LOL @ brians dumbass.
    I am your 4ajesus

Wooooot

Bro Ur Lucky Mang Cheer To A Fukin Nice Ride In The Future!!!!

Steering rack and diff all done.. well almost, I pwnt myself with the diff, I didnt put the bearing preload locking tabs in. I had left them in my toolbox when I took it home to assemble, So I forgot.

Oh yeah, it's white..

Test mounting of zee flares.

Other side, I just wetsanded the car, so thats why it's all swirly..

My backing plates were absolutely destroyed.. so I cut em up and remade em.