Thread: car wont start

car wont start

so i have never had a problem like this b4 in all the 86s ive ownd. most likly will be somthing small but i have no idea where to start.

the other day i went to start my car after it sat for a few days and it took a few turnovers to get her going with the gas peddel pumping as well. then a day after i was in a traffic jam and it just died on me??? so after again turning it over a fewtimes and lots of gas peddel pumping it started again but this time it seemed for the rest of the day that it wanted to stall.
    then after sitting in maygarage for a week it wont start at all. i just changed the oil and went to start her up and nothing. just endless turning over.

anyone seen these symtoms b4? starter maybe? anyinsight would be awsome.

also a few days b4 this all started it had some weird idle problems. it kept rising up to 1500 and even 2000rpms then droping to 800rpms and then back up and down and up and down and so on and so forth. so yeah... maybe they have somthing in common??

thanks in advance guys

mat
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

kinda sounds like the problem i had a couple days ago which i havent been able to correct i dont think. When it drops idles does it sound like the wholeengine just cuts out and then back in?

I had erratic idel problems due to an EGR valve i believe, but the car never stalled
    is it possible the fuel pump is on the way out?

and just for kicks read this, note the bottom sentence

http://autorepair.about.com/od/gener...l/bldef165.htm

jimbo it does sound like the whole engine cuts out then kickin in again. and thanks for the tip on the egr andrew im gunna look into it tomorow.

any other thoughts guys?
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

mat I dont think your engine has EGR or does it ? if you want me to help you out just shout

Mike
    in progress

i would love some help mike. hahaha hows yer car going? im only in the city for today so if u dont get this thats ok but my celly is 720 6157.

hey do you have a supra sticker on your car??? i swear i saw it at west edm mall
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Sounds like timing. Let me know if you need help setting it. I'm a semi-pro at it now. Semi-pro because I have to talk to myself while I pull the dizzy out(if it's off a couple of teeth). Set AccentAE86's timing and it took me 3 tries.

What you can try is rotating your dizzy and see if that help. Loosen the 2 12mm bolts holding the dizzy, you'll be able to turn it. Turn it one way and see if the car wants to start or actually turns over, if not turn it the other way and try starting it. If you can get it started, check to see where your timing is at.

I would think that your idle hunting is due to a TPS issue. Have you tried pulling codes?

G

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86
    i would love some help mike. hahaha hows yer car going? im only in the city for today so if u dont get this thats ok but my celly is 720 6157.

hey do you have a supra sticker on your car??? i swear i saw it at west edm mall
    sorry I missed it bud but when your in town again give me a call 709-7471 and yes my car has a supra sticker on it when you were at west ed I parked by you on purpose lol I was like yes mat's levin hawtness

Mike
    in progress

thanks guys im gunna go play with it again today. it turns out im in the city till tomorow so i guess more time to fix problems
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

sounds like fuel pump is going out the ****ter or something isn't hooked up properly. most idle issues that involve gas pedal pumping of some sort to attain stability usually end up being fuel related..

so i have a friend that is a jurneyman mechanic and he came to look at it and low and behold him just triing to start the car it turns over fine every time..... i dont get it.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86