Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA60 front brake pads?

MA60 front brake pads?

MK2 supra front pads:

What's your favorite brand? I need new pads for the beast, and currently have glazed mystery pads in the car :roll

Would like to try Hawk HP-Plus or Hawk Black but it doesn't look like they make these pads for this application :crybaby:
    - Brian

Brian ive been looking into it as well, there really isnt much of a selection. But iirc porterfeild makes some, im still trying to find pads for the mk1 rear end i have. Worst case scenerio ill take my pad back plates to .... ungh . kvr and have them one off a set. Ill also be in touch to get those rca's now that my subaru sold.

Brian: 8/81-85 AP 245 99.95 AP 240 , R4-S Carbon Kevlar double check the part numbers but im sure thats it. I had these pads on my wrx ... droooool, they are expensive and dusty but fawk they stop. I did manage to glaze and overheat them on the WRX, but i was really hard on them and wasnt respecting my brakes.

R4-S High Performance Street and Autocross
    For high performance and heavy-duty street conditions. Perfect for prolonged everyday street use while also being capable of tolerating the most severe street use without any fade. Rotor friendly of course. The R4-S friction level will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum pedal effort. R4-S compound has the absolute lowest noise and dust levels, far below OEM equipment or any other high performance brake material. Good for autocrossing, some drivers' schools, and rallies. The R4-S compound is available for virtually any vehicle sold in the US. We also offer the R4-S in pad sizes for competition type calipers that are used under street driven conditions.
    Last edited by TTC; 11-06-2006 at 07:53 AM.
    I am your 4ajesus

humpty bumpty
    - Brian

i have KVR CF pads. more dusty than i would have prefered, but no noise, quick warm up (which only mattered in -20 for my car) and much much less fade than stock pads.

What else is available? I'm not really interested in trying PBR/metalmasters on this car, as I suspect that may be what the car's already running on.

You'll never see any raybestos products on my car either

1) Porterfield/R4S ($125)
    2) KVR/Carbon
    3) PBR/metalmaster ($68)
    4) PBR/Deluxe ($56)
    5) Altrom/Ultra8 ($34)
    6) Toyota/genuine ($75??)
    7)
    8)
    9)

endless? project mu?
    Last edited by Brian; 01-02-2007 at 05:41 PM.
    - Brian

What are you running for rear brakes/pads Brian? I find with just ****ty Napa pads on the front with my supra brakes it can lock up at like 100kph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

10" rear rotors, stock calipers.... mystery pads in the rear too (car came with 90% rear brakes...)

I've just noticed that the brakes don't bite like they used to when I first put the car together, and so I want to try more aggressive pads for next season. I'll prolly put in matching rear pads, whenever I figure out what goes in the front.
    - Brian

have you asked the guys at celicasupra.com?

if not, Im on that board once in awhile and can throw up a post.. MA60 calipers on both front and rear is it?

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

EBC GreenStuff pads are available:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...kes/Brake_Pads

Autocross dudes at GRM seem to love them.
    Last edited by BuddyJ; 01-02-2007 at 03:01 PM.
    '85 Celica Supra P-type 6M-GE

you should give first gen supra rears a try. they bolt right on and would probably match the front brakes fairly well. would be the cheapest and work well.

I just found a local shop that carries Porterfield pads... and just ordered fronts and rears for the car.

Thanks for the tips guys.
    - Brian

BRian when u send me my rcas can u send me some mkii porterfeilds? And why are u using mkII rears and how? Did u get the rs4s?
    I am your 4ajesus

negative, i'm using modified rear ae86 brakes.

I'll call the shop about the porterfields... do you not have a local shop that carries them? Mine won't be in until next week.
    - Brian

Closest shop is in quebec and I wont do business with them. I tried pdm, but they said they couldnt get them. Have u got my rcas back from fedex yet b? You will be beyond happy with the pf's they are phenomenal pads. I'm just waiting on my rebuild kits before i put my supras together. I'm prolly going with a jobber/napa type, the oems are 60bux a side. the supra forums have had good luck with them from what i can tell.
    I am your 4ajesus

Stock is best....hahahahah
    I say Porterfields. Oh wait you already order them. Oh wait your in front of me.
    aka Johnny_Engrish/Wildcat86
    aka THE REAL CUSCO 86..damn biters

If you can get these stilll.... 4) PBR/Deluxe ($56)

go for them! Awesome awesome pads. I have them in my mk2. Very grippy, but not like an all out race pad. Even grippy cold. Almost 0 dust. They only squeek once in the morning on the first stop then you never hear them. I've autoxed them and tracked them and they've done great, no complaints, best pads I've ever tried/had.

narfy is offline gigidy gigidy... ooo right!!
    PBR deluxe's i don't think are good enough for brian's application...
    VZN185 - 32" BFG AT, OME suspension, ARB bumper, lightforce lights, TRD trans cooler, TRD exhaust, AMT sliders, budbuilt plates...
    ZN6 - stock with HIDs and LEDs...
    fng@regencyauto.com

brian can u get me the number of that shop
    I am your 4ajesus

The MKII Supra(and RA64/65 Celica) front brake pads are the same part # as base(single piston, drum brake rear, no abs) Previas. Find an aftermarket pad for that and it will work on the Supra/Celica.
    Noel Aviles

---------------------------------------------------
    08 Honda Odyssey 05 Corolla XRS 97 Honda Civic EX Coupe 06 Suzuki GS500F
    85 RX7 GS(Docito)

Quote Originally Posted by TTC
    brian can u get me the number of that shop
    http://www.driversedgeautosport.com/contact.htm
    - Brian