Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Shinanigans: Living your life one flatbed at a time.

This was saturday, i was making supra brake short strokes while Pitobread was gettin high from paint fumes.

HAH ! I made this without booze!
    Last edited by TTC; 12-03-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    I am your 4ajesus

Do also keep in mind that it is the 1987-1988 MX73 brakes that the MKII Supra guys use for their upgrades.
    - Jerry

85 Cressida | 5M-GE | RIP 11/2003
    95 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi | 3800 SC | SOLD 01/2011
    04 Pontiac Bonneville GXP | 4.6L Northstar V8
    temptingf8.com | Flickr

Sometimes i duno what I hate more, turning tricks for crack or bodywork.

Our suspension stuffs: The cross member is flipped and u cant see it, but me and Joel finished our manual rack mr2 conversions. Made the brackets and what not.

The infamous leakyrollabrakebooster hole. Notice the precision, the style the excellence that is the zipwheel majeur.

The drivers side rear fender well. I had to cut all the old flaring out as seen previously, butted up all new metal. On the inside i took off the bracing by removing all the spot welds. Split all the seams, cleaned the rust, treated it and por15'd. I'm not finished this quite yet, i still have to seal and shape it. The flares are coming soon.

This is the passenger side well, if u lok inside you will see that i had to cut 90% of the metal by the filler neck

And a picture of my ass on brians car.

I am your 4ajesus

keep your dirty asses off my car you bastards!
    1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 20 valve megasquirt bucket SOLD
    1985 Toyota Cressida mintier than yo mama's mouthwash with 1JZ + big single turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Boost
    The Cressi brakes will fit the strut casings, but you're going to have to run at least 15" wheels to clear the calipers.

What I did with my MKII supra brakes was run just the regular celica gt steering arms, stock corolla ball joints, and a buddy on here shortened the celica arms by an inch. Huge steering angle with my stock power steering rack still. I am going to buy some t3 celica supra rca's in the coming months. Supra brakes are really nice, but have a definate bias problem, with more of the proportioning in the front than the rear.
    AFAIK, that only applies to the Kouki MX73, the Zenkis will fit 14" Wheels. I know, I had them on mine.
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Enjoy my fancy HKS 256/264 8.35mm cams, red cam gears, late model oil pump and fancy mr2 brake booster!
    I am your 4ajesus

fancier by the day. i really hope this setup treats you well.

wow, rust, im initimidated, this year is when my dad and i start dealing with ours..

the black hatch looks mint, are those ATS wheels? :o gawd...
    1985 Coupe- broke
    1990 TSi AWD-sold
    1991 Tercel-daily
    1992 Paseo- blown up

Hurray updates!!!

Here u will see my fancy supra rotors, which are nice n thick and bigger than lil wee girlie stock brakes. I shortstroked my supra housings and put my gcs on. They are 8" springs with extra long perches. Spring rate is a tittah bouncing 8kg. I peeled all the old grime and ****e off and painted the entire area with rocker guard, i also hammered the fender wells in for good measure. IF u look closely ull see the patch i put it where there was some rust

You cant seem em but there is a ton of glorious prothane bushigns in there.

No longer red:
    You can see the IC piping holes here.

t3 camberplates: In ordre for these to work properly i took the old strut tops, and popped the bearings out. I used the inner race as a spacer by cuttin it in half. You have to keep enough space at the top of the strup top so that the shafts can clear the plate for angle. Thi salso keeps friction down and keeps the shaft from rubbing the bearing races.

mr2 brake booster, 2 new brakelines which ive re routed out of the turbos way and an mk2 supra brake master cylinder.

In order to make the brake booster work i had to modify the rear of the booster. ITs to long so i used the new cleve thinger and shortened the rod some. The lenght and throw is now the same as stock.

The mr2 steering rack, you need to make 1 custom mount fo rthe passenger side and use the oem one on the left. The rack had to bge lenghtend so we took two steering colums cut em up and welded me togehter. U can cut the bottoms and but em together. You leave a bit of the shaft sticking out the top to butt inside the column on the car. Weld repeat.

Painted 79 supra housing.
    I welded the gts spring perches onto it, took some math but came out well. The rest of the mounts i left.

rice: mk2 supra calipers

flare removal

I spend days cleaning all teh crap under the car and spraying with more rocker guard. Its nice n clean now and i dont get crap in my eyes'

As u can see im done almost al lfo the rust repair, i regret to say i halfassed the wheel well lol but fawk im sick of it. Its all welded and smotherd with seam sealant.

Last edited by TTC; 01-29-2007 at 12:09 PM.
    I am your 4ajesus

WOW. You are an inspiration. I was dreading doing a little rust repairing.. but you've done 100 times more than I plan on doing.

Could you post up more pics of the repair of the "brake booster leak hole"? Mine is rather large and I'm not quite sure how to go about fixing it.

Your car is going to be crazy. Don't crash!

The hole was in the wheel well behind the suspension. It was from a leaking mastercylinder. I just cut out the chucnk welded in new metal and sealed it with marglass.
    I am your 4ajesus

You guys are full on assholes to have such a nice shop to use. I'm really jealous actually. Good job man.

1500 sq ft, We be ballers...

$600 / 5 peoples, 2 cars we store.. so 3 we actually work on

Too bad we can't afford it and are probably giving it up in april.
    Last edited by pitobread; 02-02-2007 at 07:23 PM.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

Did more welding today, cheer. Pics soon, but ya its a shame we losing our shop
    I am your 4ajesus

damn, i would kill to find a place like that around here. i NEED an insulated/heated place to work on my car. so much more progress would be made!
    '94 R33 gts25t Type M Sedan.

upppdates!

I am your 4ajesus

right on.

You rock it, Ottawa psychos...you rock it hard.

Migs

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by TTC
    Fail.

Is there a power and a manual Mr2 rack? Then you just lengthen the stock Mr2? GTS? column??

RETIRED

aw11 mr2's only had manual steering racks

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic
    Fail.

Is there a power and a manual Mr2 rack? Then you just lengthen the stock Mr2? GTS? column??
    Tom's thinking about diamonds for da rear, 14/15x9 3.5 backspace

http://www.pitobread.com/media2/inde...%2F2007-01-20/

The first few pics are what I did, I had to modify my crossmember because a) I'm cheap b) I had a AW11 manual rack prothane bushing kit I wanted to use.., the rack is narower so you have to mod the cups that it sits in... If you use the T3 kit(30 bux) you can bolt it on Or machine yourself spacers out of Delrin. That said All I used was the AW11 rack, 2 GTS columns( I suppose you could cut the AW11 Colum up aswell....) GTS lower Knuckle and welder.. also not shown is I plan on drilling though, and pinning the inner piece to ensure it doesn't let go, and if it does it will be spectacular.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?