Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272747576777879808182
Results 1,621 to 1,636 of 1636

Thread: My Mango progress

Temps are consistent
    Regulator could be the culprit, not really going to find out, as that engine has been out for a week sitting on the floor.
    It won't be back in a car till its rebuilt some day.
    I was almost thinking leaky injectors? Or fuel, but the o2 readings are secondary to the fact that it makes a huge mess of my car and the track, can't have oil leaking out everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post
    maybe a bad coolant temp sensor on its way out? fuel pressure regular newer?
    Only one coolant temp sensor. He's got the fancy haltec gauge that reads/displays what the ecu sees (iirc). Such a good idea.

If it was FPR you would know. o2 readings/power would be ****ed.

This is all silly hearsay. You'll know what's wrong when you crack it open.

RETIRED

My for on my SR just went one day. Was fine and would drive then eventually it went to 10 flat and didn't move. All the washed cylinders. Replaced it shortly after with an adjustable one and that was that. Not much to go wrong fuel wise, especially when it's inconsistent. A proper PVC and that oil drain sound like the best ideas. As PARC is pretty well a couple min of full 2nd limiter to high revs vs other longer tracks, likeours which limiter abuse is substantially less comparatively

hello Dorikaze!!
    I am alive, I'm sure lots of you guys have seen facebook and Instagram posts.
    haven't been on here in a year? time flies!

update time!

WE Visited TougeFactory after the second FinalBout event, we got talking with Dave who owns Stance, about our cars and the archaic coilover setups Matt and I were running.
    He built us custom valved coilovers for our cars, the Celica kit is almost bolt in, but I got a bunch of do it yourself parts, Still has to be more custom, after all these years!

Leafs out, new Super long traction brackets made by Rich at xcessive Manufacturing, and lower links made of 1.25" .25" wall tube, should be way to strong!
    the lower arms tie into the stock forward leafspring mount, its already braced to the body and cage, I didn't want to re build, and cut that all out, so I had the traction brakets made super long to get a good angle on the lower arm.
    the instant centre, by my plaing with widows paint, is super far forward, but up enough to be close to the 100% anti squat line.
    nerd! alert

Some sheet metal had to be cut out of the shock tower to fit the coilover in there, Mango has tiny rear shocks, not much room.
    I braced it off a bunch, and made a heavy plate for the top that ties into the rear seat back, and to the cage/frame work next to it.
    and its braced down to the other stuff going on in the trunk.
    I had to cut some of the tube going by the shock to fit it in, and I made little bypass braces, none of that is taking much load anymore, so I didn't go crazy.

Also, I did all this work while living in Vancouver, and commuting 6hours every Friday night after work, and getting home sunday night at 1am to go back to work Monday at 7am
    working on my car in a tiny garage with no light, with a flux core 110v welder, and minimal power tools, it was testing, but it turned out great, and works amazing!

geometry looks good, the coils are mounted at a bit of an angle, so it gives a bit of anti roll/cornering preload, its a weird bit of suspension grey area, old hot rodders, and lowcost 7 guys say it does things.
    I couldn't really get them any more upright. I wanted them 100% vertical for less roll resistance, and more rear grip.
    but it all seams to work great as is

on the way to the track for the first test witht the new coils.
    Ellio took this, cant remember his DK name

now I'm running 8k fronts, 5k rears
    I went with the optional gold SWIFT springs, they are so much lighter than the silver standard springs, I have a pair of 4k standard springs in some of the pics, cause stance didn't have them in stock when he shipped them. So he had them sent to XM for me.

the first drive was good, but it was rainy, like really rainy, and Matts car was being difficult(I made him change the front geometry completely) so I didn't really get a great feel for any differences.
    But once we got a dry day, the car is noticeably better, faster, and more consistant/predictable
    as for grip advantage from the new geometry? well I run 185/60r14 all season tires, I was able to run down a 600+ hp pro am car around turn 3 at park, I'm happy
    Last edited by paulcorolla; 08-06-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Well done Paul!

Unfortunately, your new rear setup look too much like the drawings I made for a possible new rear for my car. Now what am I supposed to do?

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

still looking awesome paul! keep updating this stuff! love seeing the progress on the mango...

Nice car!! Great work, especially given the constraints you were in regarding time, tools, and space!!

I hope the dog helped out. Lol.

Thanks guys, heres a few more pics of the mess

This is how tight the rear shock towers were, that's the old kyb agx shock in there, and my "frame" I added to the mango's very lacking rear structure.

Here is my windows paint version of trying to understand where squat/anti squat and instant centre are.
    you can see lines representing the rear control arms, and lines representing those and where the intersection would be, the star represents where the centre of mass might be.

I got to play with real corner scales after the install too!
    this was pretty cool, my old bathroom scales were pretty close, I would have liked to have got it on the scales before doing the swap, To see how far off it was.
    But I feel like the bathroom scales are a usefull tool, the numbers I got from the bathroom scales are very similar to the total on the digital scales.

I'm also pretty happy with the 56/44 split, that's with no driver or ballast.
    since I almost always have a passenger in the car, I didn't think it was worth it so set it up with me in the driver seat.
    We did check the weight with me in the car, and it shifts the balance to the rear a bit, I wish I got a pic, cause now I cant remember.

we probably took 50pounds of the rear of the car too, those leafs were super heavy!!

there is more I'm sure, its never ending, I have more plans coming up, but for now the car is stored in Portland, and I'm living in Vancouver with my new wife, so drifting is taking a back seat for a bit.
    but not too far away are a few more big events, and if I can find a garage here to work in this winter, Id like to widen the rear fenders a bit more, and push the front wheels out a bit more as well.

Paul, you are the man. This is and will always be my favorite car on DK. Glad to see you're still on top of your game after all these years. Super jealous. I'm booking a ride along next time I see you at PARC.

Nice one! That rear setup is neat. I've gotta get my butt to PARC one of these days
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Matty Do, you had better come say hi if you see me!!
    Thanks for all the love

Still alive!!!
    So is the car, time flies

Time flies like a drunken albatross
    http://i.imgur.com/whGaEBG.jpg

Rotate when Irate

Indeed it flies. How's the car? I have also acquired a mango, not a track car and not "factory" stock, but still a mango.

Quote Originally Posted by bcae92 View Post
    Indeed it flies. How's the car? I have also acquired a mango, not a track car and not "factory" stock, but still a mango.
    Car is good, just rebuilt a 3sge beams, broke some ring lands, rings, crazy oil burning catch can filling low compression having, very questionable engine.
    Now its rebuilt its good.
    Not alot more has changed, just little tweaks to steering angle, and fixing broken stuff.
    Need to find how to host pics now. As photo buquette doesnt like me.
    Will update one day
    Iím going to sit on it for a bit and build a streetable te27.
    Would be nice to enjoy a car without all the effort of trailers and drift events

Try using imgur. Com is good photo hosting
    http://i.imgur.com/whGaEBG.jpg

Rotate when Irate