Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182060 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mango progress

Thanks!
    Its low, doesnt look as low as it is in those pics. I will try to get a proper representation of how low it is.
    The 3T is running strong, I havent dedicated enough time to tunning tho, I have been reading and searching to learn more about how to tune the webers. I have a pretty good understanding now, but need to keep notes with me. I had to order some more jets as the ones I have arent big enough for the top end.

Are those fiberglass flares in the rear ?

If so It must be thin after rubbing that much lol

Still want thoes tires off of me. 155/60/15 big pimpin. Skinny dudes are $100 each new. You can have the 4 for $250, not $150. You jewed me so hard lol. I was intimidated by your good looks and charm.
    Last edited by JungleMatic; 05-13-2009 at 10:28 AM.

RETIRED

i like pictures taken wit the camera on the ground. theres no way to hide your stance that way!

Very nicely done! it looks good all around.

Quote Originally Posted by do-boy View Post
    i like pictures taken wit the camera on the ground. theres no way to hide your stance that way!
    civic bumpers dont count

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    civic bumpers dont count
    didn't you have to RAISE your car for the last event?

Answer, the rear flares are metal welded on, they can support the weight of the car. Thats how that big burn got there.
    Devin, sorry I jewed you, I cant even afford $150 right now. Too many other things to get ready to bother buying tires that I dont even have wheels to fit them on.
    Needs more tunning.
    Does anyone local (calgary) have a wide band and a laptop that wouldnt mind riding around some time and doing some tunning? It would be much easyer than drivng at Xrpm shutting the engine off, coasting to the side, pulling the plugs and checking colours. repeat every 500rpm . Then wide open to 6000rpm pulls, stop check plugs. Discover that the largest jets you have are too small, order new ones, play with air corectors, change idle jets.
    So many pieces, but my understanding is growing.

Went tunning last night.
    Found a nice smooth straigt piece of road, spent like 2 hours doing plug cuts.
    from 2000rpm to 6000 rpm in 500rpm increments, do lap at a set rpm, stop check plus colour, repeat. Also did some 3000 to 6000 rpm wot runs and checked.

Right now I have the biggest main jet I have 165 in there, along with a 175 air corector. Now the plugs read much better than before. All nice and chocolatey brown, no white, no dots, just sweet!

There is some black paint onthe rear flares, the old paint was all burned off, and I am also checking for rubbing issues with the new wheels/slam, So far so good, it only rubs on high speed dips, and not enough to burn the paint. I will touch them up soon.

Enjoy the long weekend! I'm off to go skate! weee

Reading plugs is not an accurate way of tuning carbs. I bet you are much richer than you think. A little white is supposed to be there as hemis burn quite clean even when rich enough to rob power from the engine. 165 sounds hellishly large.

http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/sp...s_catalog.html

In this link you can see surface readings but guess what??? They are meaningless. Your main jet mixture is actually shown deep within the well of the plug where the porcelain meets metal. You can only see it with a little scope (like the ones your doctor looks in your ear with). The reason is that under wot, the true read is burnt off the tip of the electrodes.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

jeez... Carb's are a nightmare. I can't wait to be a pro with them.
    1980 e7 4 Door - 1985 Toyota Celica Supra - 1987 Yamaha Maxim X - 2011 GMC Sierra 6.2L Vortec

Well... I realy dont know... haha, I was just scared by the colour before so I started going up. Anyway, my plugs look like #14 in that link, the best! must be.
    Devin has offered wide band tunning capabilities. So I should be able to get it dialed in.
    I cant wait. It seams to run WAY stronger with the current juets than the 155/180 combo.
    But its true, with out a wide band I'm just guessing/shooting in the dark.

Carbs are crazy, but with wide band should be quite understandable.? maybe? help....

It sounds like your chokes are too large so you might be losing resolution at certain airflows. This would make it so that you'd have to overjet to reach the right mix in mid-range rpms. But see what you get with the wideband on there. if you start getting funny numbers then we'll see if I can point you in the right direction. I want to see this car move!

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Sweet! Thanks Chris, I have been thinking about putting the 38mm chokes I have in the carbs. But I want to see what readings I get with wide band first.

Some time this week hopefully Devin is going to help me with wide-o band-o and then we will know some afr's in 500 rpm increments + wot pulls.

Hey Paul if you have a brother Joel I think my friend Ewan knows him! I'm into Yamaha RDs too. . . small world. Goin out to start my own mango after yet another year of sitting under a tent. Boo!
    "mmmango!"

Ya dude, my brother Joel just moved to the island. He was telling me Ewan knew a guy there with old rd's and a 72 corolla. Small world for sure!

Ya dude, my brother Joel just moved to the island. He was telling me Ewan knew a guy there with old rd's and a 72 corolla. Small world for sure!

Ewan introduced me to Rick James/Chapelle way back. silly bicycle riders

Bang bang biches. This is Rick James saying: give me a drink bich.

Oh, nice car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

paul your car hauls in the corners thanks again for the ride alongs last night

No problem Andrew!
    First drift practice was a blast! just found some pics posted by spec-d media?

manji on the straigt! that was the funnest part of the night!

needs moar angles

was there a set course? Aperantly all the pylons were stollen from race city.
    I talked to Art lastnight they are working on getting new ones. We were dodging tires, some had wheels in them!! dont run them over!!