Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111353 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mango progress

bonerjams! I love the color!
    Mathew Morrison | Project Thread |

CK
    Tucking tire is fukking fire.

you cant touch ze mango!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note

Today, I make the brakes
    Put some 79 celica supra rotors on the back, modified the caliper brackets to move the caliper out 25mm or 1/2 inch to the non metric inclined
    I have 85 celica gts front struts and brakes so this hopefully will help my brake balance, I needs more rear brake. I want zee mango to brake drift like the 86 does, If it doesnt work as well as I hope I will get some hp+ for teh back. that shold doo it.
    so far it feels better on just a quik test drive to get em hot and kinda test em out. the car seems to brake better, littel shorter stopping distances, more bite. and it will step out under braking, as much as I wanted to try on the street anyway, I need more drift practices please let us drift calgary

I took some fancy pitars too, but my camera sucks, and I need a tripod.

9 inch 86 bakes next to 10 inch supra

fancy night time tail light picture

How much does it weigh? Theres a lot of steel in that stiffy.

you win at numbers.

Last edited by clay72; 10-05-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Paul, your car just looks all business. No one would ever mistake this for some ricer kid.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    Today, I make the brakes
    Put some 79 celica supra rotors on the back, modified the caliper brackets to move the caliper out 25mm or 1/2 inch to the non metric inclined
    I have 85 celica gts front struts and brakes so this hopefully will help my brake balance, I needs more rear brake. I want zee mango to brake drift like the 86 does, If it doesnt work as well as I hope I will get some hp+ for teh back. that shold doo it.
    so far it feels better on just a quik test drive to get em hot and kinda test em out. the car seems to brake better, littel shorter stopping distances, more bite. and it will step out under braking, as much as I wanted to try on the street anyway, I need more drift practices please let us drift calgary

I took some fancy pitars too, but my camera sucks, and I need a tripod.
    Awsome build. One of my favorites on dk EVAR........

Nice work! That thing is farking awesome. Custom IS where its at.

so very nice..

fancy night time tail light picture = new desktop background. man do I need a celica back on the road.

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

I drove to the scales today, I have never wieghed it before.
    excitement!!

total = 910kg
    front = 510kg
    rear = 400kg

not bad, just over 2000lbs pretty decent wieght dist.
    The engine sits pretty far forward in these te's not like the ae where the centre of the engine is behind the front axel line.
    I guess I should get a super small battery take a little more out of the front.

That's pretty cool man. We were wondering what it would weigh out to..

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    I drove to the scales today, I have never wieghed it before.
    excitement!!

total = 910kg
    front = 510kg
    rear = 400kg

not bad, just over 2000lbs pretty decent wieght dist.
    The engine sits pretty far forward in these te's not like the ae where the centre of the engine is behind the front axel line.
    I guess I should get a super small battery take a little more out of the front.
    That's a great weight for all the reinfocing metal in there. Why not just put the battery in the trunk?

The 3tc sits a bit more forward in AE86's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.K View Post
    That's a great weight for all the reinfocing metal in there. Why not just put the battery in the trunk?

The 3tc sits a bit more forward in AE86's as well.
    Battery relocation has a pretty big affect on weight distro. Going from front to back with the battery has the same affect on distro as removing 2x the battery weight from the front end.

I need every bit of weight I can get in the back of the sprinter. Being in the 1600lb range (before I put the big lump in the front), when I drive hard its with a full tank of gas, spare and and battery back there.

Say your battery is 25kg, relocation takes your weight distro from 56/44 to 53/47.

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

awesome car, awesome sound and awesome guy. thanks again for taking me for a spin when i saw you at the race city road course. this little mango was my favorite car there. it's also nice to see more pictures of it. it's interesting to see how far it's come.

oldschool > everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Cbergerud View Post
    Battery relocation has a pretty big affect on weight distro. Going from front to back with the battery has the same affect on distro as removing 2x the battery weight from the front end.

I need every bit of weight I can get in the back of the sprinter. Being in the 1600lb range (before I put the big lump in the front), when I drive hard its with a full tank of gas, spare and and battery back there.

Say your battery is 25kg, relocation takes your weight distro from 56/44 to 53/47.
    Ya that's why I was asking why he wasn't putting it in the trunk. They're more like 25lbs though.

Well since race city is closing I might put it in the back.
    I just didnt want the hastles of external shut off for the rear mounted battery, and by the time you add all the cable for a rear battery you have the combined wieght of 2 batteries. That 0 guage wire is heavy!
    Thinking of putting it behind the pass seat to keep the wieght at the extream rear down.
    I have a hella battery switch but I dont want to cut up the stock body .... um any more.... haha The battery is pretty much the last thing I can do to take wieght out so It'll probably go this winter.

Up update date
    I have spend the moneys, parts are came

the Weber 45's to replace the 40's. need cleaning and re jetting weee

the flying wheel, light, how light not known, also 3t pressure plate, dont know the specs on it and dont need it as i have a act pp. anyone need it? it fits 86 as well

89mm venoilia pistonollos, 10:1 comp, to make 3t go almost 2liter

TRD lsd rebuild kit, mine is starting to slip, gay

Aero 13x7 wheels, not baller not wide, but wide steels are heavy and I only plan on 185 still so

Also, on the way but not arrived yet is a DCP/Wier performance 4.778 r+p set and new bearings.

This morning i stripped the 2t.
    it is gay, wanana see why it ticked so bad? and seemed way slower than it should?

UNhappy lifters!

Are cams supposed to look like this?

OMG

haha, I'd say 6 out of 8 lobes look like they have melted, 1 looks good, and 1 looks like a ski jump. WTF haha, since I got the car with this engine in it I have been adjusting the valve clearaces constantly cause of the noise. I figured something was un happy inside, but never wanted to findout. now I know. and am thinking with the added 370cc or so and properly working valves, plus 45's and higher compression the mango is gona be crazy next year!!

Holy crap Paul!! Your motor was ****ed! Oh, and that pressure plate looks like an old ap plate, I would like to have.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape