Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22626465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1636

Thread: My Mango progress

I have a 4.3 diff that was in my previa. I think its the same? let me know if you want.

kijiji for diff. Lots of 4runner guys almost giving **** away. Got my 4.30 7.5" for like $50.
    Dropped right into the supra pumpkin, pinion gear and all.

RETIRED

Cue front diff gearset in the rear debate!

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Yeah 7.5" van is good. If you find a 7.1, run, run far away, scream forever .
    BCWORKS

tommy is offline Redneck engineer/machinist
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Yeah 7.5" van is good. If you find a 7.1, run, run far away, scream forever .
    lol QFT
    TE31 1977 - 2T-B (traded)
    KE20 1974 - Destroked 7A, project "bigblock A meets peanut" Link to build thread (Sold)
    AE95 1990 - 4A-GZE daily driven wagon...

nice to meet you finally paul! this car is soo awesome!
    80's steeeeez/ High Rolla Motorsports
    1981 TE72 Ministock(the monty-rolla, Built 3tc, big cam, custom suspension ), 1982 TE72 2 door(11:1 3tc, shadbolt cam, fully balanced), 86 300zx Turbo

Thanks Chris,
    So I cut out the inner door panels, window regulators, handles etc
    24# total! Car is so light! Haha
    Made a sweet pull string to open the door
    And a pin to hold the glass up. Its just there for transport. No lexan for.now

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    Thanks Chris,
    So I cut out the inner door panels, window regulators, handles etc
    24# total! Car is so light! Haha
    Made a sweet pull string to open the door
    And a pin to hold the glass up. Its just there for transport. No lexan for.now
    you need a new engine with W pistons, like this one
    http://www.tytlabs.com/tech/fpeg/fpeg02.html

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

Because race car

This is my third supra axle, I keep getting, and passing them along.
    But this time it's going in, I plan on a new mounting system that allows for some adjustment, and smother travel, looking for more traction without going softer, or wider tires

This guy showed up, just in time as it was.
    Matt broke his trans, and borrowed a new one from a guy doing a beams in Portland, so we decided to get a new complete setup for some spare parts.
    Turns out when I went to PARC in march, on the return trip I froze the engine, full of water
    Found out on Thursday night as I was filling the cooling system, to leave Friday.
    Water pump housing broke, and the water line fitting on the back of the head broke too.
    So Friday at noon with the help of Drader, jackrabbi Bryan, and Paul booze, we pulled the engine out enough to change the fitting on the back of the head. Put it together and hit the road to Portland.
    There was water in the oil, so I was worried, but after changing the oil at excessive manufacturing and talking with Rich we ran it anyway, and luckily the engine is fine, just the pump and fitting cracked. It kept the oil and water separate all day.

It's a lot of work sometimes, but getting to drive a track like PARC is so amazing, it's like corolla heaven.

Also got our first day as a complete 3car team in the bag, Matt's celica, my car, and Cody's 1uz celica, together we are ShaDynasty
    Old school drift team

It was half and half rain and sun, we got some super solid runs in. At the end of the day the heavens opened up, it rained like crazy, and we decided now was a good time to run 8 car trains, 3cressidas, a mk3 supra, our old cars, and who ever else was in on it.
    Couldn't see a thing thru my windshield, and completely surrounded by awsome, it was crazy, not one bump, even with a few spins, and close calls. I'm pretty honoured to have the privilege of running in a group of drivers at that level!

This car> All.
    My corolla is cooler then yours

Awesome that you still made it! And cool train!
    I found a beams engine setup locally at an Importer for 700, I talked him down to 600. It comes with auto tranny and no ECU. Might not be worth it since autos are supposedly De tuned. If you want to sell that engine harness let me know!

It hurts not drifting now that a track like that is available. So happy to see you trucking along and killing "it" non stop after all these years.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Badass. I like that you have kept that colour. Distinctive.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Been working on the rear end
    Got that 4.30:1 7.5" diff from Gary(thanks) and ordered a bearing kit for it, welded up the open diff.
    Waiting for the bearing kit to arrive so I can put it together

Built some new mounts

Used some threaded ends with bushings, 3/4" thread, and 5/8" hole for a bolt
    3/4" weld on bung thing
    I wanted as much room, and as much thread engagement as possible, to get the end as close to the axle as possible I drilled into the housing to move it up.
    Kinda concerned, but I think it will be good, it's got room so it won't contact the axle shaft.
    The thought is that the pivot at the leaf spring will allow for smother movement of the axle, the old axle was held directly to the springs by a big block and u bolts. So it couldn't rock, the upper arms are pretty long so the axle shouldn't rock much anyway, but I wanted to do something like this for awhile.
    It's just a thought, I hope to get more grip, squat, whatever, with this

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Can't wait to test it

No opinions here... yet. Trying to work it out in my head and I think I got one beer too much lol Can't wait to hear about it though
    KE20 1974 - Destroked 7A, project "bigblock A meets peanut" Link to build thread (Sold)

That's..... Pretty freaking smart

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hmm, worth a shot. Innovation!

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Hey paul, where did you get those ends. I want to build some links for my rear end and don't want to deal with solid heim joints, those are just perfect!

They are from speedway racing

I see rod ends in bending... kind of of a no no but a 3/4" thread might just take it. With all this work why not run a 4 link and some coil springs or if you really want to keep the leaf spring use a two jointed link and have the weight bare on the leaf spring but the axle locating completed by the 4 link.

cool stuff no mater what, I could be completely wrong and it might be amazing.