Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161858 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mango progress

I forgot the crabs!

modified airhorns/stacks

shorter!

all shorter, should fit now!

close up of my extreme welding prowresss

Looking good as usualy Paul. Thanks for the close-up of the pipe, makes perfect sense.

Hey for the leafs, maybe get a new main leaf made up that has the front eye rolled the opposite way. This is what i am going to do and bonus! It changes the roll center.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

This thread delivers erections. nice work, all of it. I'm very curious to see what kind of hp you make.

So the stacks were just shortened for clearance issues, not for top end?
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

This thing just keeps getting better! I'm going to try and do my exhaust pipe like how you did! ive got lots of time!

What main jets are you using? Are you using an msd box?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastaracer View Post
    Ah yes, the elusive Mr. Watson returns to the old school Toyota forum...with a Datsun.

Main circiut is
    155 main jet
    175 air corector
    F16 e tube
    Idle jet is 50f9
    Pump jet 150 I think
    best guess for now I guess, till I get it dynoed. I have a few bigger and smaller mains and air corectors to play with.
    I'm running 40mm chokes in the 45's, and I have some 38mm chokes as well if need be.

No MSD box, just the old 2t dist, it has mechanical advance, Someday I will do a megajolt edis ignition system, but for now this works.

Well....
    I just came in from the garage.
    This car sounds scary!
    Its alive! and I am stoked!
    I will try to get video, I have a camera just need to figure out how to host the vids.
    Did what Sunray said, ran it for 20 minutes between 2-3000 rpm, let stand for 5 minutes, run for 10 minutes between 2-3000 rpm, let stand for 5 and then drain the oil.
    I got the crabs sorted I think, Idle was super rich, got it dialed down so the tail pipe dosnt make my eyes hurt. Timing set at 14* btdc at 1200 rpm, spark plug gap is at .042", running the stock champion RN11YC4's for now.
    SHould I get colder plugs?
    I still need to do all the tests to detrmine if the air corectors are right size, find out when the main circuit comes in, ect.
    But I am pretty excited, this is my first REAL engine build, not just a re-ring and bearing, but actually using aftermarket parts.
    It sounds dangerous at idle!
    I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    Well....
    I just came in from the garage.
    This car sounds scary!
    Its alive! and I am stoked!
    I will try to get video, I have a camera just need to figure out how to host the vids.
    Did what Sunray said, ran it for 20 minutes between 2-3000 rpm, let stand for 5 minutes, run for 10 minutes between 2-3000 rpm, let stand for 5 and then drain the oil.
    I got the crabs sorted I think, Idle was super rich, got it dialed down so the tail pipe dosnt make my eyes hurt. Timing set at 14* btdc at 1200 rpm, spark plug gap is at .042", running the stock champion RN11YC4's for now.
    SHould I get colder plugs?
    I still need to do all the tests to detrmine if the air corectors are right size, find out when the main circuit comes in, ect.
    But I am pretty excited, this is my first REAL engine build, not just a re-ring and bearing, but actually using aftermarket parts.
    It sounds dangerous at idle!
    I'm afraid!
    Nice work Paul.

3tc is my fav 4cyl motor at idle, it's ****ing wicked. Once you have things running perfect try playing with timing, you can really advance the timing a lot on the 3tc. Why do you want to run colder plugs?
    Last edited by Rob.K; 04-04-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Hi guys!

Paul, I hope you know that this car is pure sex dude... really nice work!!

Just wondering how you got it? Shell/parts searching process?!
    Maybe youve already mention it but if so Ive not read carefully anyway I want to know!

Btw any "possible" swap projected??!
    (Its not a critic on the engine choice its just to know)

Almost forgot! Just wondering if you have a vid of this baby in action!

Again Gratz really nice result
    Hugo

Sweet build Paul, now it should make at least 100whp dynoed by Rob and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

I got the crabs sorted I think, Idle was super rich, got it dialed down so the tail pipe dosnt make my eyes hurt.
    pussy :P

My buddies FD makes me cry badly. Pretty sure its just a ****e tune. Backfires like a maw****er too.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    ...I got the crabs sorted I think...
    you should get it figured out FOR SURE, its you're health you're talking about man.

if i'm ever in alberta, i have to see this thing. i just love how its a performance resto, which you rarely see with older toyotas, always one or the other.

Thanks Matt, I may come out to the DMCC thing in Victoria this summer, still on the fence.
    Hugo, I will write a little history just for you! hhehe, but for now.
    I have video!
    weeee

Its allive!

yes!!!!!

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Haha! thanks Chris.
    I am stoked, Old Rolla's came by today and had a listen.
    Still need to recheck the valve lash, jsut to make sure after the run in process.
    Warning to viewers! turn down the volume when the camera goes to the rear of the car, it gets loud when I put the camera up to the tail pipe.
    Fill up the diff, relocate battery/install kill switch, make tow hooks work, thinking about a new throttle linkage/cable setup, new harnesses(mine expired) then drive!

It sure seems to have a nice responsive resolution for using 40mm chokes. Did you port the intake side out that far??

-bangnscrape

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man i was hoping you would show the rear. lol i wanna know what you manage to pull of at pnp last time i saw you there with my cuzin joe...man this is definitely one of the most awsome builds!! ahahahaha awsome job paul! ttwo thumbs up.

Get a haircut hippy.

RETIRED

fffuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkk your car is gorgious, i've had a few wet dreams about it lately. definately come out for DMCC man, i'm trying

Holy fish Eye lens!

Engine sounds awesome for sure....
    Bryan
    DK Moderator