Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mango progress

I knew there was a reason I didnt pick up my tow hook... i needed a reason to come see your car. I'll call you next week!

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    Haha! thanks Chris.
    I am stoked, Old Rolla's came by today and had a listen.
    Still need to recheck the valve lash, jsut to make sure after the run in process.
    Warning to viewers! turn down the volume when the camera goes to the rear of the car, it gets loud when I put the camera up to the tail pipe.
    Fill up the diff, relocate battery/install kill switch, make tow hooks work, thinking about a new throttle linkage/cable setup, new harnesses(mine expired) then drive!
    Hey Paul. you dont have to buy new race belts, I get mine rewebbed by a guy in didsbury.
    Mine are expired as well. I will be contacting him soon, want me to send yours with mine?
    last time it was about $65 If I remember.

Gary

Sure! thanks Gary, are they SFI cert?
    You still gotta come over and look thru the parts boxes.

Chris I was just over in your thread, reading about your head getting ported.
    You had asked about my head/manifold. Basically I port matched the manifold to the carbs, It was already matched to the head. The head itself has been opened up a little bit, I think stock measured 30mm and mine is 35mm at the manifold surface, as well as the bowls being cleaned up. So it flows better than stock, but still not up to the 40mm of the chokes in my carbs.
    The Cannon intake is about 34mm at the narrowest(sp) point. I plan on trying to take my spare head and getting it to 40mm all the way down + some oversize valves, as well as opening up the IM to match.

I'm jelous of your hookups! those guys sound hard core!!!!!
    Last edited by paulcorolla; 04-10-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: head

Super update.
    I drove it tonight!
    Took it out for a little shake down, got some gas, cruised around at lower speeds on some side streets. Made sure all was good.
    Then I went to my local walmart parking lot and confused the shoppers by doing figure 8's for as long as my arms would let me. Took a break, checked over the engine, did some undercar inspecting, then did more 8's till I got tired.
    Came home and drained the diff.
    First impressions were, loud, rattly, loud, hard to launch, less lowend tourque, and it felt like the progression of my carbs was wack.
    After my little drive and getting it up in the revs, hadnt been above 3500 yet, everything seams better, no more hesitation, revs fast and hard, it will take some geting used to as the power has been shifted WAY up, the shorter gears are short. I was in 5th on a 60kmh street doing 2000rpm, I have no Idea what my speedo is reading tho, its gotta be way out.

Cant wait to drive it some more, and I should have some boxes showing up soon, special derivery.

Yeah Paul, setting carbs properly is like balancing a knife on its point. But once you get all the jets and such matched and the airflows equal then it is such a beautiful thing.

Make sure you start by synchronizing and then work on the progression from there.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Word'em yup yo! Whiteys gonna match you over here soon.
    "mmmango!"

^ Holy crap I seriously don't remember writing that AT ALL last night! ^

The last thing I do remember was eating a giant deer steak almost raw, and fighting over it with my dog. Then i went on

oh no

Facebook.

Your mango rules Paul!
    "mmmango!"

Haha! thanks Spencer, aparently you should becareful not to drive after eating dear steak!

Got new wheels today!
    wee
    will get pics, and vid of driving!!

holy new wheels?? i dunno how to feel about this, the car was lookin' pretty spot on, don't disappoint me paul!!

Just 2 new wheels for now.
    dont worry.
    I'm not here to disapoint. hehe

tease

I want to see a picture of the wheel wells on fire -- after you've put it through it's gears

Is your flare burned up by rubbing ? Car is awesome. I spot a tow hook hehe

Nice underspoiler. Did HoOdRiCh stop by?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Yeah the flare is burnt from rubbing, a little off track excursion at race city. The curb hit my leafs spinning them sideways and the car was resting on the wheel well. I drove it back to the pits. Smoked like crazy!!!
    Then I jacked it up, kicked the springs staight, and was back on track within like 5 minutes.

Towhook alert! thanks I had to modifiy them, one in the back one in the front, But they are great! thanks.

Kristof.. I think the wheelwells will be on fire! I drove around the block and, well, it smokes like crazy! Time to get some more 195/45r14's. I rolled the fender a bit more and will test it out soon, that pic is like fender on sidewall! serious! like touching and sh!t.
    haha

Oh, Its fast now, like fast. I need to do some tuning before the first practice.

Yeah Paul, Hoodrich did stop by, but I was giving him style lessons with the aero!!! Blowing minds
    Last edited by paulcorolla; 05-08-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: aero

I approve of underspoiler. The worst thing anyone can do is block the rear airflow, like most wrap around skirts. Besides, it looks like a baby's full diapers. eww.

At least you are actually utilizing that wasted airflow without spoiling the Mango's lines.
    I am Randy's desire to go faster.

1988 Toyota MR2 Hardtop NA - Sold and sorely missed
    1992 RHD Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1 disguised as a III - I'm not actually that big of a JDM fanboy.

Haha thanks Randy, I wonder if it will actually do anything?
    Its from a suburban, mounted upside down, bit of a tounge in cheek to all the super aero people.

Should I paint the centers of the new wheels?
    Black
    Gold
    No
    just let the mesh get durty and polish the lips?

Low!

I've often thought of an under spoiler, maybe incorporated into a rear bumper. Does it actually work? If so, why isn't there more of them around?
    What a cool car

I usually tell people more lower, but not in this case hahah

Great build, how's the 3tc running, how do you like it?

seriously man, you do never disappoint. we need to start a "moar lower" crew or some $hit. excellent rear wing, i say just polish the lip on the wheels. definately not gold, it would clash with the blue. man, that burn mark on the arch is a damn badge, your stance is leet.