Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Silly Rolla ie V8 ae86

so random.....

lol

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

i definitly lold hard.

We as our us.

This is now the 'Project: Silly Rolla ie UE86' now.... no?
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Old 'Rollas View Post
    i think the correct would be uze86 somewhere around 1990 toyota went to 2 letter engine codes ie jzx90 jza70 etc etc

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    i think the correct would be uze86 somewhere around 1990 toyota went to 2 letter engine codes ie jzx90 jza70 etc etc

steve
    Yah, I know. I also remember that you called your SR swap and SR86... soooo... lol
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Thats UZE86

can't wait to see the videos of this thing!
    Team おなに

Motor Village Crew unite!

well went out tonight to swap in different transmission, 4 hrs later its swapped and the noise is no different.

heres the facts

-clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, pilot bearing are all new
    -release bearing was re-used as it spins freely with no noise when spun by hand (might be my downfall)
    -noise is prevalent at part throttle coast in 4th gear when the engine has no load
    -w58 has ~3litres of 75-140 castrol full synthetic (same noise running 80w90 dino)
    -pushing IN the clutch while in 4th gear makes the MOST noise
    -3rd 4th and 5th gears all make noise but 4th at high rpm is the worst, pitch of the noise changes in the different gears

it REALLY sounds like a bad bearing inside the transmission but the chances of two different transmissions having the exact same noise are pretty much non-existant

any ideas before i yank out the transmission again tommorow and change the release bearing just to say i did?

steve

how is your trans tunnel clearance??

Pilot bearing only should make noise when there is a difference in speed between the input shaft and crank shaft. So if there is noise while in gear, clutch engaged, then pilot bearing is not an issue.

Does it make the noise in neutral with the clutch released?
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

how is your trans tunnel clearance??

Pilot bearing only should make noise when there is a difference in speed between the input shaft and crank shaft. So if there is noise while in gear, clutch engaged, then pilot bearing is not an issue.

Does it make the noise in neutral with the clutch released?
    no noise in neutral, i'm currently suspecting the release bearing as its the only thing that isnt new. lots of transmission clearance. noise starts after about 1-2minutes of driving which could be the release bearing being fine when cold but getting noisy as it heats up

steve

What bout the pilot bearing steve? Hopefully you get it sorted out, when you got the tranny out steve, run the motor and see if the noise is still there. That will rule out something on/in the motor.
    I am your 4ajesus

Crank walk? I don't know what it sounds like, but seems like it could be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    What bout the pilot bearing steve? Hopefully you get it sorted out, when you got the tranny out steve, run the motor and see if the noise is still there. That will rule out something on/in the motor.
    there is no noise unless you're actually driving for awhile so i highly doubt anything is wrong inside the motor, pilot bearing is brand new

steve

Love the Project Steve,
    A project by a friend of mine might/might not be of interest to you, its not very subtle, but Im sure it will do the job on the track.

http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/showthr...highlight=roco

there is no noise unless you're actually driving for awhile so i highly doubt anything is wrong inside the motor, pilot bearing is brand new

steve
    That doesn't mean it can't be ****ed. That's one of my big pet peeves around working on cars when people assume a new part can't ever be faulty.
    Matt H.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromedragon View Post
    That doesn't mean it can't be ****ed. That's one of my big pet peeves around working on cars when people assume a new part can't ever be faulty.
    noise doesnt change pitch when clutch is disengaged and revving the motor, ie doing 50km/h with trans in 4th gear, press in the clutch and rev the engine. the tone of the noise stays the same which rules out anything on the input side of the transmission.

current plausible theory is the driveshaft is a hair too long and is binding the slip-yoke, which explains why it gets louder when the clutch is pushed which naturally puts additional force on the transmission case pushing backwards, will shorten the driveshaft another 1/4" and see if the problem goes away. I'm thinking so. Just had a fellow DK member over who's a toyota master tech and he agrees it makes the most sense.

let you know this afternoon how it works out

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Chromedragon View Post
    not saying it will never happen but the chances of recieving a new defective OEM toyota part are highly unlikely. napa, cambodian tire, etc etc parts yes new defective all the time

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jblood20vIRL View Post
    Love the Project Steve,
    A project by a friend of mine might/might not be of interest to you, its not very subtle, but Im sure it will do the job on the track.

http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/showthr...highlight=roco
    very nice build-up, not sure what to think of the s13 rear subframe but the fabrication work looks really good.

Itb's really would be a ton of fun but i don't think i'm anywhere needing them yet /grin

Steve

very nice build-up, not sure what to think of the s13 rear subframe but the fabrication work looks really good.

Itb's really would be a ton of fun but i don't think i'm anywhere needing them yet /grin

Steve
    The fab work is a bit mad, but this thing is built for battle not looks,

oooooo what a boro looking rolla, bah silly 4ag owners think they're cars are sooo cool

oh wait WAT!? silly lexus owners!

steve