Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2426272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 748

Thread: Project: Silly Rolla ie V8 ae86

  1. #661
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromedragon View Post
    Haha, for sure Steve's. I don't have the time or money that he has.
    Says the guy who just bought a pair of gto drift/race cars lol.

    Steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


  2. #662
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,626
    Traded for ... and they're draining my damn bank account!
    Matt H.

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by hodson View Post
    "too much horsepower"?

    If you had ever street-driven a car with more than 250hp, or maybe even driven a car with more than 150hp you would understand that eventually there is a point where it's not streetable anymore. For instance, a 2200lb car with ~500 horsepower and a less than ideal power-band/torque curve could be utterly terrifying.... With a good torque curve and power band it could be streetable and fun as hell.

    Doing rolling burnouts on the highway can be fun when you want to, but when it happens and you don't mean it to... it can make you poop yourself a little bit in favorable conditions, and die in unfavorable conditions.

    When we want to hear about not driving cars, or planning 5 year 5 speed swaps, or picking our noses, or 17x7 +35 wheels, we'll consult the great Hodson, until then, keep your comments to yourself.
    1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 20 valve megasquirt bucket SOLD
    1985 Toyota Cressida mintier than yo mama's mouthwash with 1JZ + big single turbo

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhoffa View Post
    If you had ever street-driven a car with more than 250hp, or maybe even driven a car with more than 150hp you would understand that eventually there is a point where it's not streetable anymore. For instance, a 2200lb car with ~500 horsepower and a less than ideal power-band/torque curve could be utterly terrifying.... With a good torque curve and power band it could be streetable and fun as hell.

    Doing rolling burnouts on the highway can be fun when you want to, but when it happens and you don't mean it to... it can make you poop yourself a little bit in favorable conditions, and die in unfavorable conditions.

    When we want to hear about not driving cars, or planning 5 year 5 speed swaps, or picking our noses, or 17x7 +35 wheels, we'll consult the great Hodson, until then, keep your comments to yourself.
    well said, this car with 246whp and 270ftlbs of torque is as easy to drive as a stock 4age car (just A LOT faster lol), so easy in fact I don't get that thrill anymore when i drive it. Like it was said properly balanced and tuned high HP cars can be quite driveable. There are plenty of street driven 9 and 10 second camaro's and mustangs, well this is a mid 12-second corolla thats I'm aiming to put it in the 10's

    Steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


  5. #665
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    oh go easy on him guys, he was just making a joke. People need to lighten up a bit

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,689
    V8 torque curve would be really naice for everything tire roasting

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    oh go easy on him guys, he was just making a joke. People need to lighten up a bit
    Sorry I wasn't meaning to rag on hodson I was just meaning that it will be a very driveable car when I am done and not just roast tires every time I try to leave a stop light or twist the chassis in half either lol

    steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


  8. #668
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Formerly Victoria
    Posts
    1,704


    So much torque, it twisted the chassis coming off the line.

    Yo steve I saw your korean car at napa today.
    HeatBloom - Street Style Since 2004
    https://www.facebook.com/HeatBloom

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    Sorry I wasn't meaning to rag on hodson I was just meaning that it will be a very driveable car when I am done and not just roast tires every time I try to leave a stop light or twist the chassis in half either lol

    steve
    yeah we know what you meant!

    lol, that wasn't directed at you.

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,532
    Are you going to the Saskatchewan event on the May long weekend? I would still like a ride in it before the Turboness and then again after....
    Bryan
    DK Moderator




  11. #671
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Old 'Rollas View Post
    Are you going to the Saskatchewan event on the May long weekend? I would still like a ride in it before the Turboness and then again after....
    Definately considering it but not sure if I'll be in rolla or the genesis

    steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


  12. #672
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    Get your injectors yet?

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    Time to bump this thread with a little inspiration for Steve-o to get er done!

    You seen this car before steve?



    apparently you aren't the only power hungry 1uz corolla owner in the world.

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,359
    ^^^ Looks nice but it's got an autotragic.

    http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...-1uz-ae86.html
    Last edited by Rokubes; 07-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Richmond, B.C.
    Posts
    5,225
    Omfg!

  16. #676
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    765
    Damn, why go through all that trouble and keep it Gayomatic?
    Noel Aviles

    ---------------------------------------------------
    08 Honda Odyssey 05 Corolla XRS 97 Honda Civic EX Coupe 06 Suzuki GS500F
    85 RX7 GS(Docito)

  17. #677
    mr e's Avatar
    mr e is offline Un-Official "Dori-Kaze TBG"
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto / Ontario
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by RX8_guy View Post
    Damn, why go through all that trouble and keep it Gayomatic?
    for the drag strip, auto's are quicker cause you're always in boost...
    Penelope ~ AE86 4AGE;Maxine ~ A32 VQ30DE; Roxanne JCE10

    .{yesguy! Performance}.

  18. #678
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475
    Yeah that's bigdaddywalt's car, its been through a few different setups.

    I don't think Seamus got the memo that silly rolls will no longer be getting turbo instead It's going into a 1uzfe powered turbo'd ra21 :-)
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


  19. #679
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    nope, I never got that memo. Been too busy with the Supra world for the last couple weeks, havn't been checking the board.

  20. #680
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475



    the places this car has been rivals migs' red hatchback! lol although i don't think it'll ever see the east coast

    steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •